Response to change

Discussion in 'Novel Updates Site Discussion' started by serguis, Oct 29, 2019.

1. serguis

serguis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I was wondering how novelupdates will answer to Wuxiaworld's change. Will some novel be unlocked for 3 months then locked again until the next "unlocking" ? :D

Also my second questions is about novelupdates's futur. Since novelupdates main work is to tell the user when a novel (novel's chapter) is accessible (and not is buyable), what will happen when almost all translator become like webnovel or wuxiaworld ?
    Will we go back into the past like when wuxiaworld wasn't yet big and they were many smalls translator's sites with one to three novels each ?

Arash1 likes this.
  2. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    NUF will probably always exist as a place to congregate and discuss.

NU itself... that's a good question.

3. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    NU will still exist as a platform for fan translator to get their work hosted .
    As for the monetization from other sites they will prolly just stop getting updated to it and lose their limelight to advertise in NU since its against TOS to post it here.
    Theres more to NU than qi or ww tho.

4. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't speak of the future, but as someone who's reading novels exclusively from the so called small TL sites ATM, I find NU immensely useful.

And even if the entire TL community begins following in the footsteps of QI and WW (tho I think that's highly unlikely), NU will always remain a largely neutral sanctuary where proper reviews will not be deleted or the ratings manipulated.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
    Sabruness, Raneday, runsing and 3 others like this.
  5. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
  6. runsing

runsing status : bleeding, health -10/s Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    currently it is already like that with Webnovel (aka QI) chapters.
    nothing much will change. probably even none at all.
    1. wednesday - user(s) reported that chapter X to chapter Y of novel Z is now unlocked
    2. mod(s) made changes to the Z novel to reflect its latest status
    3. friday - user(s) reported that chapter X to chapter Y of novel Z is now locked again
    4 . changes reflected again

mass-locking mechanism is already a feature accessible to all of NU mods for quite some time. furthermore, from what i understand, WW's Karma System only affects completed novels (at least for v1.0)

if push comes to shove tony might've just *birthed out another bot to automate the process.

* - digital mpreg. please ask @LaDyViL for more info.

Sabruness likes this.
  7. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    Just curious, how children (bots) does Tony have now?

8. runsing

runsing status : bleeding, health -10/s Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    i only know of the legitimate ones.

2 were send for errand of going around translators site, read their rss feed, and dump all the chapters back to NU. 1 were tasked to read email for chapters.

then there were @justabot and @NU Status Bot . these two are special because they support body-posession for when tony feel like doing wicked things like- luring unsuspecting, innocent nuffians into gambling (and thus corrupting their souls and offer them to @Satan)

who knows how many more lurking in the deepest dark corner of NUF, trained as stalkers and assassins.