Response to Westeller

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by EienMugetsuTensho, May 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EienMugetsuTensho

EienMugetsuTensho [Avid Reader] [C#, C++, Python Programmer]

Reading List:
    Link
    @Westeller
    http://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/transgender.36911/page-8#post-1826344
    You say not to things at face value then you look at a twitter post and use it as evidence without looking further into the meaning, that is very hypocritical. You have committed
    Genetic Fallacy (Acceptance or rejection of concepts based on source as opposed to merit)
    Irrelevant Appeals (Attempt to persuade with irrelevant information)
    Red Herring (Uses irrelevant information or other techniques to distract from the argument)
    I know that video was not a debate, its a joke by Milo since he and Ben have never debated, I specifically gave a time frame in the video because that was the first video of the clip I was looking for.
    The "OK to punch a nazi" thing is much deeper.
    https://townhall.com/columnists/benshapiro/2017/03/15/are-we-on-the-verge-of-violence-n2298799
    Here is a gay married man who is left leaning talking about the same issue

2. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't make a thread like this, LOL. PM me if you want to talk about something. Especially for a thread I locked..

My point was that the two were completely unreliable as sources. It doesn't matter how much "merit" their statements had, and my pointing them out as having occupations that in no way make them qualified to speak about.. anything important, actually.. is not irrelevant. It also wasn't an attempt to distract you. It was an attempt to tell you that you can't take anything these two say as fact.

It's that simple.

Especially the newscaster dude. Newscasters are fundamentally incapable of honesty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.