Spoiler Reverend Insanity/Daoist Gu

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Sky Farrow, May 25, 2017.

1. prinsewa

prinsewa Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just difficult to attain.

2. prinsewa

prinsewa Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sigh...the story is becoming weird :(. After the body swap things are moving but not really forward. Not to mention how FY changes cultivation path too often (He could just be curious or knowledge thirsty and not treat them like it's his new longtime choice, which in the end leads back to how you define Dao). Why do i feel like the author shot himself in the foot with the whole Immortal Gu Blessed Land management stuff. That aspect of the novel puts me off directly. He should've kept some things for a future novel.
    Now i'm just waiting for the good part you leaked out (like Insist Gu and Mermaid-chan) and please get back with Ningbing already :rolleyes:!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
    Sky Farrow and keklel like this.
  3. keklel

keklel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dropped the novel during the Blessed Land management stuff. IDK what the author was thinking. I wanted more of the Ancestor Of All Humans fairy tale story.

Does the fairy tale story have any continuation after the ancestor gouged out both of his eyes to form his 2 children, or does it just end there?

prinsewa likes this.
  4. prinsewa

prinsewa Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah it does!
    Both children grow up, very close to him at first like he wanted, but later put a bit of distance. The boy (Reckless Sun something i think), got curious about tastes and meanings of life. That led him to a journey, savoring various kinds of wine form the Apes, which then made the Bees seek him out to test their sweet wine. He liked it but didn't proclaim it was the best so they got pissed and attacked. Fortunately, he built up Divine Travel Gu which, in his drunken state, could transport him to pretty much anywhere randomly, leading him out of dire straits. So much for that help since he ended up in an abyss (forgot which one). He then acquired a Reputation Gu and farted his life out of evil clutches (still ROFL about this one :LOL:). After that he wanted to solve the issue of random traveling and learned he needed to refine DT Gu to its next version, Fixed Immortal Travel Gu with some materials. Eventually one of those materials was Immemorial Heaven Light for which he need to fly up above to reach. He got some wings from Thought Gu, warning him about the too long exposition to the sun, and proceeded on his way up there. Ultimately he got so engrossed in the delight of flying that he forgot (although DT Gu reminded) and ended up in the Life and Death Gate (yep, he died!:cool:).
    After that it's a whole lot more about Human Ancestor trying to get him back alive and failing (to death) -> Daughter Ancient Moon's Lonely Shadow Body wanting to get father back with Success Gu and failing through Failure Gu (obviously, lost herself) -> New baby brother Northern Dark Ice Body is born to keep company to father (again) -> Baby brother luckily gets out and helps Big sister AMLSB finding herself back -> They try to save father which leads to sister dying -> Father somehow finds a way out, on which he had another daughter something Forest -> ... -> now he met Frighten Gu and is scared shitless to continue until he got Love Gu who got him Courage Gu back -> some dealings with the Beastman, Loyalty Gu and Betrayal Gu where i am now.
    Hopefully there's not too much holes in my memory of it :confused:

keklel and Sky Farrow like this.
  5. garunix

garunix Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because of the Heavenly Dao the development and era of each venerable is already decided by Fate and only those chosen by Fate can become the Venerable of that era.

This changes when the Red Lotus Demon Venerable heavily injures the Fate Gu, which weakened the strings controlling everyone's actions, so that people are not bound by Fate and as a result all proceeding venerables are not guaranteed to become venerable anymore due to certain variables that are now outside of Fate's control(Ju Yang was able to create the Luck Dao thanks to this, creating another variable that can defy Fate and create a different outcome).

But the chances are still very high since the Fate Gu was not completely destroyed which resulted in all the future candidates such as Ju Yang, Origin Lotus, Gloomy Soul and Paradise Earth still becoming venerable according to Fate's will.

Right now Feng Jinhuang and Fang Yuan are the most likely to become the next venerable because Feng Jinhuang has the partially restored Fate Gu's intervention helping her progress as much as possible to bring the Great Dream Immortal Venerable to fruition whereas Fang Yuan is a complete 'Demon from Beyond the Sky' so Fate can only indirectly hinder him through manipulating others; it cannot control his actions and thus cannot block his path to becoming a venerable. Not to mention he can dodge Heavenly Tribulations rigged by Fate because of his Supreme Body's ability to skip tribulations through devouring

Edit: The only reason Red Lotus was able to injure the Fate Gu in the first place is because it was established that the power of Love and the Love Gu was only thing that could defy fate (before Luck Dao and 'Demon Beyond the Sky' was a thing), and Red Lotus' motive to destroy the Gu was to save his lover. As a result Fate had become vulnerable to Red Lotus

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    Sky Farrow likes this.
  6. prinsewa

prinsewa Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Good, got to the part where FY became a bijin hehe! Short, but interesting picture :rolleyes:. Tie Ruonan appeared again with her father complex, though still a mortal (shame on you!).
    I'm asking myself if what i like the most is the story or the peeks at the author writing journey (and yes i admit having been frustrated a few times, snort! :cautious:). After all, with all the footnotes he leaves, it would be difficult no to get a feeling a closeness.

Sky Farrow likes this.
  7. LittleLiLCan

LittleLiLCan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Love da story lol already read most of the popular martial arts ._. raw and not raw. can anyone recommend me more martial arts one ._.

8. Fofofo

Fofofo Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How long does he stay in the family? around which chapter does he leave? So tired of the constant family system stuff.

Wish the author was less long winded in his phrasing, it's like he expected five year olds to read this story, everything is explained so clearly in so many words that you feel bored a lot, sadly.. Because I still like the story.. :p

prinsewa likes this.
  9. Sky Farrow

Sky Farrow 天外之魔

Reading List:
    Link
    Book one book one book one.

He leaves the Gu Yue Village at book two onwards.

10. LW130003

LW130003 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, I have read book 1-3, skip book 4 and jump book5.
    My favorite is book 5, it has many background story and explain how Spring Autumn Cicada so OP (apparently heaven will's help). The next favorite is book 1.
    Could you tell me how does the cultivation there work? I understand the mortal (rank 1-5) but I got confused for the immortal (rank 6 - 9). For instance, why they can only cultivate 1 type of dao mark, have immortal land in aperture and how does tribulation work?

Also, how do you think Fang Yuan will reach rank 9, what kind of path will he create? If you notice all the rank 9 create new path:
    Genesis: Qi
    Constellation: Wisdom
    Infinity: Law ?
    Reckless: Strength
    Red Lotus: Time
    Origin Lotus: Wood
    Heavenly Thief: Stealing
    Great Yang: Luck
    Gloomy Soul: Soul
    Paradise Earth: ?
    Great Dream: Dream
    Especially, the latest chapter Fang Yuan is talking about premonition, omniscient and almighty through Wisdom, Luck, and other daos.

11. Sky Farrow

Sky Farrow 天外之魔

Reading List:
    Link
    Lmao why you skip book 4 man, I know it's semi boring but not as boring as book 3, lol... Hahaha but yes I like book 5 after book 1.

(Book 4 explains the immortal stuff.....)

Immortal rank can only cultivate 1-2 type of Dao normally because it leaves some kind of elemental mark on their body, and if they cultivate too many it will clash with each other. Etc: Fire Dao and Water Dao will clash with each other and create bad effect.
    These marks will grow with time and experience, and the more marks the more powerful the Dao.
    If you have Water and Fire Dao clashing together well, it's like you nerfed yourself?

Their apertures become this dimensional space that can hold a world in it, because... they go through some convoluted process to become immortal Rank 6 people. Tribulations? Are you referring to the disasters that happen every 10-100 years?

FY will probably reach Rank 9 by either:
    Dream path
    or ....make an Immortal path? Who knows hehehe...
    Some chinese are also theorising about this question.

So far there's stuff like
    Fate Dao, immortal dao, Gu dao, Destiny Dao... Human Dao..

12. LW130003

LW130003 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the reply and explanation. I am going to read the book 4, hopefully it is not as boring as the start of book 3.

Yes, I refer to the disasters that happen every 10 - 100 years, I read that Fang Yuan complain that the disaster does not give enough Dao Marks. And what is the connection with the disaster and entering rank 7 and 8? I recall also that Fang Yuan (in latest chapter) said that he had more than enough dao marks to exceed rank 8.

13. Sky Farrow

Sky Farrow 天外之魔

Reading List:
    Link
    Book 3 is the most boring book overall to me.. book 4 still has interesting points imo.
    Each time a disaster happens and is over with it leaves behind dao marks based on the severity of the tribulation.
    If one passes through three of the most powerful tribulations (happens every 100 years I think? I forgot lol) they will ascend rank, and the higher the rank the more scary the disaster.

14. AardwarkThe2nd

AardwarkThe2nd (R-18 writer) Aardwark, the king of aardvarks!

Reading List:
    Link
    I read Fang Yuan got raped for 3 days and 3 nights in the LNMTL chat. Please elaborate!

15. Sky Farrow

Sky Farrow 天外之魔

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s a ...long story...

16. AardwarkThe2nd

Reading List:
    Link
    o it actually happened, please tell! There is also a SPOILER tag, so you can add under it if you want!

17. Sky Farrow

Sky Farrow 天外之魔

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahaha spoiler tag in a spoiler thread nahhh >_>

Well Fang Yuan has multiple clones? He basically has ways to split his soul (think of Lord voldie from horry potta and the Horcrux) And one of them is Li Xiao Bai. If I’m not wrong Xiao Bai is just some teenager.. and got raped by this rank five lady who was drugged. She made him unconscious but he resisted really hard and ended up drifting in and out of consciousness... and could feel himself inside her until he was so happy from pleasure -cough-
    And when he came to, she said they went on for 3 days and 3 nights and she will be ‘responsible’.

18. AardwarkThe2nd

Reading List:
    Link
    How many clones does he have? And do they possess separate personalities or are they like Linley from CD?

19. Sky Farrow

Sky Farrow 天外之魔

Reading List:
    Link
    He has 5 clones atm.
    They are all just an extension of his consciousness and will/a piece of his soul depending on what method he used.
    I didn’t read CD :eek:
    But they are all pretty much the same person so they think the same.

20. AardwarkThe2nd

Reading List:
    Link
    The clones are maintained via a Gu or some sort of cultivation technique?
    Was the loss of his virginity detrimental to him in any way? (Lost pure Yang energy, had a Gu that needed him being a virgin, was saving himself for his past life's love...)