Discussion Roach villains are inspiring

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by wonyoung, Jun 19, 2021.

1. wonyoung

wonyoung Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought about it and roach villains are actually somewhat inspiring. They suffer a setback and they don't let that stop them.
    I got that realization when I was reading a novel and the villain got exposed for being the fake daughter, her worst nightmare. The thing she feared the most happened, but then she realized that the worst had already passed. It's not as if she could change the past, so they can only hang onto whatever left they have. Too bad they are just designed as roaches and they keep seeking death, but they do give hope, even after being exposed they can continue living, and sometimes they get to rise again, just to suffer from another setback though. I guess that villains that repent would be more inspiring though...

Munimuyi, Furnace, Lissi and 4 others like this.
  2. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And here I thought you were talking about these guys from Terraformars (^^i)
    [​IMG]

Munimuyi, Dr_H_16, Furnace and 3 others like this.
  3. babybb

babybb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, if they weren’t painted as the villain, they’d be pretty interesting characters. That’s not to say antagonists are always boring, but it often feels like the author tries so hard to make them a true villain that they lose everything about them that makes them complex and human. Is it obvious that morally grey villains are my favorite?:notlikeblob:

Dr_H_16 likes this.
  4. Deadmantellnotales

Deadmantellnotales rebmeM nwonK-lleW

Reading List:
    Link
    How's the manga? I have been wanting to watch/read it, but I just forgot about it, this post just made me remember "Terraformars" and waiting to try it.

5. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, sometimes the protagonist is the roach, who keeps getting kicked down and getting up and up again, no matter how many times they're made eat dirt.

Usually they're the kind of inspiring unyielding justice type of character~

babybb likes this.
  6. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unfortunately IDK. Only read a few early chapters & watch a few snippets of the anime, I found that it's not my cup of tea
    My 1st impression of it is that it's +/- similar to Gantz, AoT and/or Berserk in terms of the blood bath
    Maybe you could post & ask on the Anime/Manga sub forum

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
    Deadmantellnotales likes this.
  7. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    The unkillable roachie :blobhero: