Recommendations Romance without being a romance only novel

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Tsuru55, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just want a romance that is good in your eyes despite not being the main focus of the novel.
    To being more precise don't give me for exemple one of this transmigration girl have revenge on family kind of novel.

No yaoi / no NTR / no betrayal from lover / drama to a acceptable lvl / no cringy dense MC unless he counterbalance it later / no absurd long separation unless AGAIN novel counterbalance it / no death of lovers. Edit: Plz give a summary of story or why romance for you is good. / I think that is all.

After that it's only the good ones and the bad ones for me + 2 hesitations :
    Some good ones that myself can recommend are : Martial Arts Master / a true masterpiece in romance / realitic romance in modern day.
    I’m a NEET but When I Went to Hello Work I Got Taken to Another World. It has marriage + sex + even legal loli + loveydovey.
    White-robed chief: MC pursue the girl efficiently and she don't really hate him. Not a couple yet and really frustating only battles/cultivation/other stuff lately since a while ago but i still agree that it was well done and he can't pursue her agressively (kinda half because author don't want to).
    Womanizing Mage: This one i dislike a little. Lots of not-shown sex with lots of different interesting women but stopped for now at chapter 166 because women kept appearing and they will surely enter the harem making it too big. Also bad after-taste that maybe the children of his body will be bad womanizers. Let's only hope the childhood education of them will correct it.

Bad ones : I’ve Became Able to Do Anything with My Growth Cheat, but I Can’t Seem to Get out of Being Jobless: Sure they fell in love and have had multiple times sex. But it's only thing they did in the relationship, no loveydovey moments at all ! Also we need to wait years before MC have sex with soon-legal loli. Also not a fan of dark skin / one will highly enter soon MC's harem.
    Martial World / True Martial World : girls looks like they pursue MC mostly because he was impressive with his abilities (if he was not powerful, with how high they are they would ignored him). I am not entirely against this reason, it's just that author is REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY bad with how he wrote it. In "true", someone told me FL is separated for no good reason. And both got long separation time (i want to facepalm about how long it is).
    Sevens: didn't read after MC is beaten a second time by sister and skipped to the after-stories. Really good heroines, interesting+funny moments but damn i hate that her sister is killed. Too big harem. Can bet no lovedovey moments before the after-stories. Only lose virginity in the after-stories.
    And let's not talk about the sequel, sure it's logical when you think about it and it's also for a new story but damn the empire previous MC created is destroyed, bad after-taste.

I am hesitating about 2 works: Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyusoukyoku (WN): i am fan of slice-of-life should i read this? I heard it's a no-touch loli harem and can agree with this safe choice but still unsatisfied with it.
    Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou (WN): i can already hear the footsteps of somone coming. I have read a random chapter of the manga and feared the seriousness of it. Not a fan of betrayal/revenge tag. But still interested because it's JP and got decent amount of chapters.

adwaitv10 likes this.
  2. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Dizzcity

Dizzcity Watching generations of fans rise and fall away

Reading List:
    Link
    Risou no Himo Seikatsu (overworked Japanese salaryman is summoned to another world by a Ruling Queen woth magic powers and offered a deal: become her consort, give her an heir, and live a relaxed life of luxury at the palace as long as he never interferes with the country's politics or challenges her rule). Main focus is a lot of politics.

5. autumnscarf

autumnscarf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So you're looking for an adventure story with some flirtation? Harem stories don't typically have in depth romances. If the romance in a story is in depth it is very likely to become a plot point.

Battle Through the Heavens is probably up your alley if that's what you're looking for.

6. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Ze Tian Ji ~ the m & f are engaged but don’t know each other. They meet and fall in love without knowing who the other is. It’s nice how it happens

The World Online has minor romance. It’s about world building in a game where mc is the lord of his own territory and has to compete with others~

Zhan Long~ mc is the bodyguard of a rich girl. They join a vrmmorpg game. Create a guild, fall in love etc

Douluo Dalu ~ good romance in this. They fall in love, go through a tragedy, fight to overcome it.

Legend of The Dragon King is from the series of Douluo Dalu.

Taming Master is vrmmorpg. Romance isn’t a big part in this~

Another good novel is Rebirth of the thief who roamed the world. It’s another game one. MC goes back in time and gets a second chance. I like the romance in this~

7. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    As long it's not romance only i'm good (also often it's a woman as MC).
    Battle through, i read the manga though, the romance is so-so they seems in love but don't really flirt / really like the devotion the girl has for MC but damn the no-kiss situation makes me want to punch a wall. Skipped to the end, and saw he got kids. Unhappy that author is ambiguous about MC taking other girls with him.
    Sorry but not a fan of dark-skin women. Are the politics really that good that you want me to read it?

8. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Ze Tian, read the reviews and don't think will read it (MC seems to suffer a lot). + betrayal
    The World Online if you say so im not interested
    Zhan Long i have read the manwha and can't stomach that a healer class becomes a OP fighter. The most important is i hate the combo of betrayal+death of loved ones+revenge. Unless you tell it's not bad i will hesitate about it. Really hate death.
    Douluo read the manga/manwha/thing pretty good, just that it becomes a little ridiculous and don't want to continue.
    Legend same author so not interested and you didn't say anything about the romance in it.
    Taming seems interesting and no full drama bad stuff in view so will check it later.

Thx you for your sugges, too bad only one seems good for me.

9. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Death March has no harem/romance

the mc likes the old elf but the old elf can't reciprocate the feelings

right now it's just a OP MC going on adventures with multiple females

10. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Care to spoil me about it ? Plz i'm really curious.
    Should i guess because the elf got an important position or something ?
    Also he don't love the knight girl at the beginning ???????

11. patcan3609

patcan3609 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly speaking, don't read the reviews for Zetianji. Just jump in and read it. The romance by itself is worth the read. As for MC suffering, its a story about him making choices and growing up so he will definitely suffer a bit during his journey.

12. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok, fine. I will read it soon when i got time. But only because you insist / maybe it's good. I really hope that it's not disappointing. Thx you if it's good.

13. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    basically he likes the oldest ancient elf who cannot leave the world tree.

she likes him too but, she cant leave the world tree....so they just sit around and have tea. the cat,dog and lizard girls are more like his daughters/family. the lizard is like, 12 years old IIRC and the cat and dog are wayyyy younger.

he also meets a guard but they go their seperate ways, then theres a girl from earth who is also following him around and she like him but MC rejects her.

then theres the god who is his childhood priest and the one who brought him here and gave him powers but....she only appears once every 5000 chapters soooooooooooooooooooooooo..............

14. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Curious about why the guard separate. Also even though i am sure i would choose the same (maybe) i wonder why he reject the girl from earth (it's not the purple haired Reincarnator loli right?). Unless the girl is ugly or MC is popular and have choice, it's stupid to reject a girl. But if it's the loli and he rejects her just because she is too young, he is really insensitive of her feelings.

In summary, the romance in it is utterly horrible, i'm correct ? Kinda makes me want to punch in the gut the author to not allow MC to have romance like WTF MAN ?!

15. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yea it's the loli. she is underaged according to him so he can't see her as anything more than a minor. nothing wrong with it.

it's just like how u can't see 6 year olds as an attractive girl.........

as for the guard, well she has a job and all...while the MC doesn't want to stay and wants to travel....it's more plausible than other isekai where the girls drop everything to follow the MC.

they DO meet again later and she wants to follow him but stuff keeps on happening that separate them

16. kikiyo15

kikiyo15 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  17. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
  18. kikiyo15

kikiyo15 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The romance is not a big theme throughout the story. The female lead is OP and deals with everyone that tries to harm her with cunning tactics.