Korean Rofan's Gem/로판의_정석

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Hernd234232, Apr 19, 2022.

1. Hernd234232

Hernd234232 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Name:
    Rofan's Gem / 로판의_정석
    Raw Link: https://series.naver.com/novel/moreDetail.series?productNo=8276276

Description:
    One day Lara, an ordinary noble girl, hears the voice of god who is the creator of the world. She finds out that the world she lives is in the world of a romance fantasy novel called Elena's Five Men. She then hears the prophecy that this clichéd world will soon be destroyed .

In order not to let the world be destroyed , the female protagonist Elina must fall in love safely with one of the male leads.

Why is the state of the main characters strange?

This is the story of the struggles of Lara the extra.

Why It Should Get Picked Up: The reason why this novel needs to get picked up is because it's meta,It involves an extra/character in a Romance fantasy (otome isekai?) novel who is attracted to 2d fictional guys but must become a matchmaker to the female protagonist by having her fall in love with one of the 5 male leads or else the author (who the character hears their voice outside her world) will destroy her world because it's too cliche.

Also, one fact: Rofan (로판) is a short term for Romance fantasies ( 로맨스 판타)

Last edited: Nov 24, 2023
    innocentdiablerie likes this.
  2. innocentdiablerie

innocentdiablerie Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    someone pick this up pls :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

3. Rumby

Rumby Rumbly Tumbly

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Hernd234232

Reading List:
    Link
  5. munchiedi

munchiedi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This book is also available in google play books: https://play.google.com/store/books/details/세싹_로판의_정석_1권?id=XWp6EAAAQBAJ. I could not believe it. :aww: lol

I am just trying to find another title that will be my go to after finishing 'Sickly? Husband's Contractual Wife' copy from playbooks and then I found this thread. :blobhero:

Idk about trying to tackle in translating but just throwing it out there if someone is interested to check the story out in playbooks. This way, we could also help the author directly. There is no free sample though but I will buy the book 1 and check. :blobpats:

6. Hernd234232

Reading List:
    Link
    Well incase you bought it, give an accurate translation of the summary if you know Korean

7. munchiedi

munchiedi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Book 1 has 252 pages and I am using the playbooks translate option to interpret this. Like a translate button is a feature you know if you are used to do MTL (Machine Translated Language). Got used to this method whenever I check syosetu for a good cliché romance story or god forbid try to read a historical chinese romance novel. I also can't tell on what part on where the chapter should end, lol.

Alright, so far here is what I found.

This story tackles on an extra (which is Lara) trying to help god (the author) of the story/world she is in to keep the clichés going. It is to avoid the non-cliché disease to overwhelm her (Lara's) world and also affect god's bank account. The non-cliché disease started to manifest after suddenly her beloved brother (with a stamp of nice siscon brother) suddenly started to go crazy for spaghetti.

That's right. Spaghetti.

It tormented Lara so much that she started to avoid her beloved brother and treats him like a spaghetti loving impostor.

Turns out, it was due to the author being undecisive af for the plot line of the world she is in. Since the author kept changing her mind, and she became more undecisive after getting a publishing contract, the world building became more haywire and then slowly the clichés reversed uno-ed and affected the book character's personality.

The one that took an instant crit in this situation is Lara's older brother. The next casualty for the author's indecisiveness is the OG!FL herself, Elena; who became 5 versions of the heroine the god author was fond of (from highschool to college), since the creation of the novel and the book world refuses the harem (5 MLs) the author has originally set.

Lara befriended the 5 Elenas. The one that took time to be her friend is the crossdressing knight no. 3, aka Elena 3, or Edgar III. Where for some odd reason, the impromptu swordfighting that Lara was forced to do made her a swordmaster in Elena III's eyes. Then Lara was forced to enter the knights to help in establishing the genderbender cliché of even if a girl pretends to be a male in a male dominated environment like being a knight, no one will bat an eye and discover the protagonist is a female with the short boyish wig and pants except for the male lead. Then halfway through that part, my interest keeps wavering since the meta joke is all over the place. So far, those scenarios has sticked to me while trying to read Book 1.

Can't say I will buy Book 2 after this as this isn't my preferred formula in a comedic meta setting. I can't even compare it to Gintama or Bakarina as it is unique on its own to try to tackle cliché in a comedic manner(?), like how chinese tries to tackle a similar scenario by tagging it world hopping transmigration. I tried. That is my consensus at the moment. :sweating_profusely:

8. Hernd234232

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, as soon you get the last three books and read the rest of the story , then you can spoil the rest of the story and give your review of the series and if you want a meta take of the otome isekai genre check out this isekai maid is forming a union except that it's a deconstruction of the genre itself https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/this-isekai-maid-is-forming-a-union.141801/

Last edited: Feb 16, 2023
  9. munchiedi

munchiedi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I finished Book 1 and I am just giving a gist of what is in the book.

I am going to be straightforward, I will not buy the rest nor am I going to give a full spoiler review since it is a sort of difference of preferences. Anyone else interested in getting their hands on the book to get it properly translated, please do so. Thank you for the recommendation though! Will check that out. :blobowo:

10. Hernd234232

Reading List:
    Link
    I see and that's a bit of a shame ,because I hope that someone will reveal the full plot of the series incase if they don't feel like buying the series but since you don't feel buying the rest of the series and explain the rest after reading book 1, I guess the only thing to do is wait for someone to buy the whole set and explain the full summary of the series until the last chapter in this thread unless you find one who would do it, and what do you mean "a sort of difference of preferences" ?

You're welcome and I hope you like the this isekai maid is forming a union series.

11. Hernd234232

Reading List:
    Link
    I know its been many months but I need to know if anyone just bought the whole series of Rofan's gem and spoil the rest of the summary.

12. itsgraxiabibi

itsgraxiabibi smol beby

Reading List:
    Link
    If someone wants to pick this up, hit me up. I can share the raws

13. Hernd234232

Reading List:
    Link
  14. itsgraxiabibi

itsgraxiabibi smol beby

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll try to post the spoilers on a different thread bc I dont think Im allowed to post spoilers or have discussions here? I'll check if we already have a spoiler page for Rofan's Gem

15. Hernd234232

Reading List:
    Link
    Good point, even if there is no spoiler post of Rofans gem in Novel Discussion https://www.novelupdatesforum.com/forums/novel-discussion.1014/ , you can post it here if you like, anyway when you bought 1-4 or at least 2-4, I would like to hear the rest of the premise until the end.

16. itsgraxiabibi

itsgraxiabibi smol beby

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll send the raws to you. I might be a little busy until Dec and wont have time

17. Hernd234232

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, I have the raw story of rofans gem, and I am going to send it through private message to someone who will agree to read them and explain the whole summary from start to finish and write it in this thread.

18. Hernd234232

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't there anyone who knows Korean to read the book, I have the PDF link of the whole book and wish someone could read it and explain the summary

19. Hernd234232

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder why nobody is interested in reading rofans gem and read the rest of the summary to me.

20. fatedtranslations

fatedtranslations Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hi i'm picking this up and will do it with mtl edits
    some names are weird but i can build a glossary and edit it so tell me if you have good suggestions for names

app(dot)yoru(dot)world/en/story/165