Recommendations RPG

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by xTachibana, Feb 20, 2016.

1. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link
    looking through series finder is a bitch, since a novel could be highly rated but be shit

rpg elements, as in levels and what not.

i dont care if its transported to another world (truck san?)

apocalypse turns earth into an rpg (Heavenly Calamity)

or stuck in an rpg/vrmmorpg (kyoukai meikyuu/sao)

dont suggest ones where the MC is playing an rpg (Zhan Long)

ive probably read like 50-90% of all the good ones though :(

edit: oh yeah, novels only (no manga/comic strips) and JP/KR/CN only~

Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
  2. Prometheus

Prometheus Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Koinye Best

Koinye Best Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep The laziest and the King of Procrastination

Reading List:
    Link
    Invincible level king

6. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep The laziest and the King of Procrastination

Reading List:
    Link
    I know you said no original but apocalypse now on novelsnao is pretty good

8. TokenZero

TokenZero Mystic Sanctuary: Divine Fairy

Reading List:
    Link
  9. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link
  10. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    yea.. most in your reading list are up to date with the latest chapter.. gg =V

11. djsosonut

djsosonut Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Change: New World (royalroad) - A fave - World Alterd into a violent game. Great dark MC and fights. Well paced. Great development of the side characters. Edge of your seat action.
    Reincarnator (online) Teleported to a game world and forced to survive. On the last day of humanity in the game the main character is pricked from a group of elite friends that have been playing for years and is transported back in time to help save humanity. Very focused and pragmatic MC. I really enjoy this one.
    Terror Infinity (online) - Not exactly game worlds. Characters are dumped to movie worlds and forced to survive and evolve. Great read. I jump at every new chapter. Even more fun when you know the movies they're fighting in.
    The Way of the Shaman (amazon 2 books) - VR. Good read. Main character forced into a VR world to do time as a prison sentence.
    Play to Live (amazon 6.5 books) VR. I can vouch for the first five being good. Haven't read 6 or the side story yet. Clever dying MC manages to transfer his consciousness to a VR game. Eventually gets OP, but takes awhile.
    Clockwork (royalroad) - VR - Good story. MC falsely accused and tormented has a mental breakdown and is put into a VR game for trial rehabilitation. Robotic avatar. Clever, antisocial MC.
    Life In the New World (royalroad) - VR. Okay at the start. Paralyzed MC allowed to live in a VR world. But I think it gets a bit boringly overpowered and unchallenging later. With no direction. No new chapters in months.
    Hardcore OP-ness (online) - Teleported to a game world. Very NSFW. But a hilarious read.
    Arifureta (online) - Teleported to a game world. Great until the MC escapes the first dungeon. I lasted through the second dungeon but found everything boringly overpowered. So I dropped it.
    Patch 17 (amazon 1 book) - MC forced into a VR world. Alot of potential, but the first book was so busy fleshing out the world that nothing really happen. Every time the MC got interesting, the story would jump to some world building side character tangent. Still alot of potential and I will check out book 2.
    Land of Founding (amazon 1 book) - MC transported to a game world. Pretty standard but still well paced with nice fights. Looking forward to the second book.
    God and Devil World (online) World Altered into a violent game. Kind of like Change: New world but IMHO not as well done. Still an entertaining read. Even if it gets a bit heavy with the sexism and rape in later chapters.
    Gam3 (royalroad) Very good VR story in a dystonian future. Intergalactic wars are now fought in a VR world. I really enjoyed this one. But it's been awhile since it's been updated.
    Apocalypse...Now (royalroad). World altered into a game. Thing get hectic at the beginning then settle down. Interesting. But doesn't really draw me in.
    Once a Hero (royalroad) World altered into a game world. Found it poorly written but some people liked it. Characters, romance and fights are flat. I dropped it because I just couldn't stand it.
    Survival World RPG (online) World altered into a game world. Fun read. I think it loses it's way eventually. Writer obviously agreed since he decided recently that he was going to bring it to a close and rewrite it. The rewrite has shaped up to be better than the original.
    Universe Online (royalroad) VR. Hardcore space survival. Interesting read. Though I fell out of reading it. Still plan to go back to it because it was good. Main character is playing a VR game, but because of he suffers a debilitating illness in real life he tends to go full immersion.
    No Longer a Game (royalroad) VR. Fun read. A NFL star quarterback gets paralyzed and restarts his life in VR game. Yet another VR that does switch over to real life. But rarely.
    N.P.C. (amazon 2 books) NPCs in a game world fake being adventurers . First book was a fun and imaginative read. Haven't gotten aound to the second book yet.
    Amber Sword (online) - Transported to a VR world and into an established character that died early on in the game. MC used to play the game regularly, and with his character's memories and his own game knowledge he's trying to rewrite the history of the continent. Slow updates, but so for I like it.
    The Trembling World (online) - Main character is a quadruple amputee starts a new VR game that becomes real. Early chapters yet, but has potential.

12. Prometheus

Prometheus Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys what happened to dawn traveller?

13. fluffymigs

fluffymigs Balthazzar's Husband/Owner

Reading List:
    Link
    the one from the LMS author?

14. Prometheus

Prometheus Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure but I really liked it.

15. valdesaga

valdesaga [IDN] [7thMay] [V]aldes

Reading List:
    Link
    ah dude, thanks a lot ~ I dont even know about this haha

16. Larkan

Larkan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The wordpress is back up(You couldn't access it before) but no new updates

17. Prometheus

Prometheus Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did they drop it?

18. dahi_walla

dahi_walla Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    THIS ONE IS REALLY GOOD TRY IT

19. djsosonut

djsosonut Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No problem.

Forgot one: Dominion's End (Online) Not exactly a game world, but probably close enough for alot of people. Female MC survived for years in a world turned savage. She dies and gets reincarnated as a young man in a hospital bed. Days before the world changes and s/he's the only one that knows what's coming. MC is hell bent on not being weak or a victim this time around. Slow start before the action comes around, but it's a great read. I forgot about it because it only tends to updates monthly.

20. valdesaga

valdesaga [IDN] [7thMay] [V]aldes

Reading List:
    Link
    For amazon. Its same with kindle edition right ?