LCD Shadow Hack

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Posiaden123, Jan 2, 2018.

Tags:
  1. TypeFantasyHeart

TypeFantasyHeart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the opposite, the number of people that likes it dosnt match, it went from being cero ranked to first ranked in a less than a week and stayed on top for 2 months, with only few chapters. is it really THAT good??, if so why?, i dont think it would out rank release that witch in less than a few days of arriving in QI

2. GenericName

GenericName Generic Title

Reading List:
    Link
    That novel won a vote on quidan to be translated as far as I know.
    It got there over 100 000 votes.
    So all those are probably reading it.

And it is at top, since the translator promised that as long as he stays on place 1 with that novel, he will dump extra chapters.
    Before place 1 it was 12 chapters a week.
    This week we are already at 19 chapters.
    Last week it was 13.

So that is why it is like that. For other novels it is just so, you don't have the adds.

3. TypeFantasyHeart

TypeFantasyHeart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OHHhh... that does explain the voting thing, but then again... is it really THAT Good?

4. GenericName

GenericName Generic Title

Reading List:
    Link
    Only like 70 chapters up.
    Find it out yourself ?

5. Xpekt

Xpekt Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like game elements in my novell without it being a game so I read it for that reason. If the gimmick doesn't interesse you, you will not like this as the the start was rough to read I hope the writing will become better with time.

elengee likes this.
  6. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, the 'hack' carries the whole story. Terrible side-characters, poor characterization, MC with very little depth (but this is fine for popcorn novels), cultivation system is a little lackluster at the moment but could gain more depth later.
    The fast pace is what made this novel interesting, but it'll also be what kills the novel if it's not done well from here on out.

(it felt like the novel was actually written from the upper realm and is similar to Tales of Demons and Gods with bad side-characters and going out into fields and then hastily written prologue as an afterthought to how he got there.)

Seriously, one chapter 'cold beauty' 'childhood friends' 'arrogant' 'dumps you' 'mc OP' 'cold beauty regrets'. It's like the first 20 chapters are more of an index of what happened and not a full story, lol.
    I think the shadow system is going to become pretty popular to copy for fanfictions but the rest is definitely not 'number one' material.

Yarbles and Xpekt like this.
  7. Yarbles

Yarbles Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If Li Yunmu doesn't have a shadow, then is light passing through him? Is he a ghost/ Translucent???
    Where is the Hack System storing the power?
    Where is the upgrade energy coming from?
    How is exp from the Hack used directly on Li Yunmu's body?
    How does he know what the shadows know in terms of moves?
    How are skills found from dimensional boxes?
    How does the PC connect to a human with only the blood drop?
    How does a shadow disconnect from the light source?
    Why is the 4 Dimension a Virtual world, while the 5th is a different world?
    How can Li Yunmu have an item to enter the 4th dimension directly? Is it only his mind and not his body?? Is his body ragdoll?

I like this novel, but I may drop it anyway for reasons.
    I'm sticking with it for now.
    Anyone solve my questions or have more that I missed?

8. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    So, 2 chapters on 'wow much expensive stone' 'such inner world'. While i'm like ffs, use the f*cking stone to get dark flux energy, form your damn crystal energy armour and open up your black accupoints! :blob_coughblood:

9. Isaic

Isaic Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The novel is greatly overrated. The MC is dumb, there are many plot holes, the author has changed the MC's personality for one chapter just to cause some trouble. A lot of issues. As for the "fast pace" that someone mentioned, what are you reading? There was one entire chapter where he put on some armor, while the previous chapter was about his team putting on armor.

He gets really powerful with the hack in the first 15ish chapters then the author slowed it down by making a lot of reasons for him to not use the hack machine. The reasons feel forced and the MC just doesn't use the machine quite a few times when he could.

Not worth reading and though the first 15ish chapters were good idk why it has stayed rank 1. Seems suspicious...

10. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    The fast pace was at the start, the first 30 chapters. Like i said, it felt like someone just wrote a poor story but then added a really short intro to it, where the father gets hurt, he finds cheat, gets gear, gets cold beauty childhood friend that dumps him etc. So yes, it is fast-paced. It's just that the side characters were so boring that the later chapters felt really slow. It'll most likely make another few ridiculous plot jumps here and there now though.
    Saying this isn't fast-paced just because of just a few chapters where it felt like there was no action is bs, especially compared to most novels on here where it takes 500 chapters to get where he is now.

11. Isaic

Isaic Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fair enough. Yes, the first 15 chapters were fast paced, but from 15-30 it felt like nothing happened at all. That could have just been a subconscious comparison to the first 15 but it definitely slowed down to what felt like a snails pace.

Also, I have been reading some VR rpg novels that took 200 chapters to get to level 15. The issues with SH are definitely there though.

12. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh definitely. The problem is, there's not enough interesting content so it feels slow, especially after the fast start.
    The pace is incredibly fast, even with the occasional chapter that feels drawn out. It's just that the author seems to have written something that's incoherent, where system chapters and power-ups speed the novel along even though there could've been more chapters with that, but the chapters with the side-characters are just so boring because he kind of skipped proper world building and character attachment so now you're like who were they again? Why do i care about them?
    I don't even remember the names for anyone except the healing girl.

If alternating he does a few system chapters and a few character chapters it'll make some ridiculous leaps and then crash again and be dull. This novel is like being addicted to crack. :blob_coughblood:
    Even now, king stone was supposed to unlock 'dark flux power' at one point, and needed regular crystals to open crystal armor. Oh i need them for inner world, king stone opened his crystal armour instead!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  13. Dinnos

Dinnos Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait a bit here..what is going on?

First of all, how the f*ck did he manage to kill the dwarf witch king by simply kicking him for 3 hours non-stop? I mean, sure the chain kick is like a crowd control that does damage but... really ? They were 2 people and they actually managed to chain control a 12 coloured rainbow king for 3 hours? and the dwarf king was like "yea man, what do? i'll just stand here...i'm not good enough for this game.." And in those 3 hours the expedition, those rank 4 gold fluxers, that the city send were not even close to the scene.

And then...Did he just go "yea, i need those 200 ordinary crystals to congeal me armour (which need smt like 2-3 days of hacking time to get) but let's just use this twelve coloured rainbow king flux crystal (which seems to be crazy hard to get) and do exactly the same thing! And you ask me why? But of course it's because i need them to enlarge my newly developed dimension for no apparent reason!"

I don't know about the actual text but translation makes it sound like those penis advertisements :
    {
    As soon as the 378 first layer crystals were thrown on the ground, the land under his feet immediately began to fiercely expand. Only after a few minutes did this enlargement of the land come to a stop.

Li Yunmu glanced at it once and couldn’t control himself. Awesome, good, this was too good!

The piece of land which previously spread over only a few sq.m. had now expanded to 70 sq. m. after the pile of ordinary crystal were thrown down. The sensation of satisfaction he received from watching a world quickly expand had bewitched him.
    }

This nice setting of this world is going to waste with this execution..

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
    elengee likes this.
  14. kennykdogg

kennykdogg Sage of 7 sins

Reading List:
    Link
    once i found out the mc has a 7 grade talent i had to drop it. this story will clearly be about a nobody running from place to place telling himself because i got the system i have to be the strongest in the universe. while complaining about he never have enough time or resources. waste + cheat = 3000+

15. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    At some point after raising his hack level his talent should've gone to 6, but then author decided not to go that route and ignored it further, lol.

Yarbles likes this.
  16. Dinnos

Dinnos Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Even if his talent was low grade 10 i wouldn't have any problem with it if he was acting intelligently. Sure he would need A LOT more crystals but he can easily get 5-6 times more than others with just 2 shadows. After he get's the 3rd shadow the efficiency skyrockets.

My problem is that the author is trying to make him look smart but he doesn't actually do anything smart. Why did he kill that Hou Wu guy? His reason was { With his nimble intuition, Li Yunmu could clearly sense that Hou Wu’s fist was filled with killing intent rather than his desire to have a comparison contest with a fellow student of the courtyard. } and then just killed him. Just like that because he was looking at him funny. And it's not like he got anything out of it, plus his fellow students will all hate him now.

If he wants to act smart i would prefer him to say "You wanna challenge me? Bet the treasure you'll get from the vault. Winner takes both." And then break both his arms and make him surrender. It's not like he'll ever be a threat to the MC, he's already far behind him and won't ever catch up.

17. kennykdogg

kennykdogg Sage of 7 sins

Reading List:
    Link
    i have learned that characters with the waste archetype are insecure when ever that have the chance to show off but also look like their morally right they will take the kill/cripple route. but the author was already made up his mind that he use him and his family as stepping stones so i look pass those. the talant thing is away to slow down the progress of the mc. thing will only get hard for the mc to progress mostly the system will get nerfed down the road when he make it to the 10 dimension. i see this as being another MGA/MGS not a bad read but it gonna be a long one.

18. Dinnos

Dinnos Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not easy for me to look pass those decisions that don't suit the character that is making them. The MC sure seems like someone who holds grudges and since he can't stay low anymore he'll beat him to pulp, but by staying low all this time means that the MC doesn't want to get in unnecessary situations. Especially in ones that don't bring him any benefits. He's not the kind of person who falls for such provocations, if he was he wouldn't be able to stay low all this time. From the time his classmates met him they had this arrogant behavior but he acted like he didn't care, so now this is too much. The author is forcing things to change the climate around the MC but he's doing it with a bad way.

I don't see how the hack is gonna get nerfed down. I actually think that the hack is getting buffed more and more. More shadows -> skills lvl up faster and more skills learned+more exp+more ability points+more crystals+more money+more equipment+more world energy and the shadows teach each other -> more shadows and the cycle goes on with crazy efficiency.
    The most important thing is that the shadows lvl up skills and learn new skills. Just like when naruto had a few thousand clones practising together and he learned that wind shuricken in a month or so. The learning speed is multiplicative and continues to go up and up.

19. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    So, Shadow Hack is now also behind a lock for new chapters. I wonder how much this will harm the popularity.

20. OddJobs

OddJobs Daoist Spendrift

Reading List:
    Link
    Ancestor is this series good or nah?