Discussion Share Some Particularly Remarkable Gaming Experiences You Had~

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by AliceShiki, Jul 16, 2021.

?

Is It hard to reach 200 threads?

1. Yes!

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. ... I asked for a lot of recommendations... >.>

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. I just made too many random threads~

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Just some thread to share your stories I guess? I thought it would be fun~

Here's one from me, back when I super new to Binding of Isaac, I found an item that revived you as the Blue Baby if you died... I had to ask a friend what the item did because the game has hundreds of items and I knew almost none of them... But well, that friend did tell me a handful of thingies about the game in advance... Like how you need to beat the Catedral boss with the Blue Baby to unlock the d6 as a starting item for Isaac.

... But well, I didn't have the blue baby unlocked yet.
    Nor did I have the catedral unlocked yet.

However... I did have an item that revived me as the Blue Baby if I died. Even if I hadn't unlocked it yet.
    And, if an Angel Room appeared after I defeated Mom's Heart, I could go in the Beam of Light that would take me to the Catedral. Even if I hadn't unlocked the location yet.

So... If I died, became the Blue Baby, which is a horrible character, made an Angel Room run, actually defeated Mom's Heart with him even though I was pretty bad at the game at the time... Actually found an Angel Room after beating Mom's Heart (which is something decided by RNG), and cleared the Catedral and beat its boss in my first try while having never seen the floor before... I'd unlock the d6 as an starting item for Isaac before I even had the necessary character/locations to allow the unlock of d6 available~

When I told my friend about my plan he was like... "No, don't do it, Blue Baby sucks... And there's too much RNG involved..."
    But I was like... "But the potential for the d6..."

... So I died, became Blue Baby, beat Mom's Heart, got the Angel Room, went up the beam of light, beat the Catedral and its boss and unlocked the d6~

It's definitely one of the things I'm the most pride of from my Binding of Isaac runs~

So well... That's it from me I guess, though I guess I have other stories, but am too lazy to type them out rn. What about you~?
    And I don't wanna talk about stuff like how I met my first boyfriend through online RPs and how that was a messy relationship and whatnot... >.>

2. SquadCammander354

SquadCammander354 『Early Life Crisis』〖Stormy's Bro〗『Lord of Storms』

Reading List:
    Link
    When I first 100%'ed Sekiro, I felt a bit lost. Genuinely this was the first time I saw something through in a game and did everything I could in it.

And after the first initial excitement, I got really depressed. You know, like, "Is this really all I've achieved in my life."

Which got me thinking more philosophically for a year until I just got over it.

Now I've 100% other games, and don't feel as sad anymore. (´-﹏-`;)

kyoshijiro, judeiiro and AliceShiki like this.
  3. Gandire Alea

Gandire Alea [Wicked Awesome Translator]

Reading List:
    Link
    There was this one time a fellow barbarian and I attacked a bug creature boss monster in a tomb within the Lut Golain desert. We were under leveled and it would kill us in 2-3 hits. But after maybe 30 min of throwing ourselves at it, we cleared the stage and moved on to act 3~

AliceShiki and SquadCammander354 like this.
  4. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    I got Fisted by a Tengu in Nioh 2; 12 times. This little bugger paralyzes you and goes in for the 1-Shot Kill! PS_App_20210716_021907.jpeg

Liola likes this.
  5. Gandire Alea

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

He was rough

SquadCammander354 likes this.
  6. Nefasdetestasti

Nefasdetestasti ❄️Wɪɴᴛᴇʀ's Sᴏɴɢ❄️ ||| [Schrödinger Pantsu]

Reading List:
    Link
    The first time I played resident evil 1 and 2, I had nightmares that night.

7. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Glad you got over it~
    Oh, it's fun to do this kind of thing, of simply doing things heavily underleveled and challenging ourselves, even if it takes much longer~
    *pat pat pat*

8. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    I played Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory for 300 hours and couldn’t complete it. Don’t get me wrong, I finished the story on the second day, and got platinum in exactly a month. But I couldn’t finish the game’s internal goals or the goals I set for myself, even though I played for 300 hours. Eventually, I gave up…

SquadCammander354 and AliceShiki like this.
  9. Despapa69

Despapa69 Revered 17 Syllable Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    I was playing Dark Souls 3 and was doing the dlc on this Abyss Watcher build, which has weak armor and a strong but slow weapon which deals extra damages to abyssal creatures. I was going up agaiants Midir, which is one of the hardest bosses in the game but it's an abyssal creature. I thought this was gonna take a while as my weapon was slow, it was the Farron Greatsword, but surprisingly I first tried it. Never forgot.

This mf is Midir. (Not my character)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
    kyoshijiro likes this.
  10. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, don't put unreasonable goals for yourself I guess! >.<
    Nice job! It's nice when those synergies help us out by accident~

Anra7777 likes this.
  11. Despapa69

Despapa69 Revered 17 Syllable Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    I knew it'd do extra damage, I thought it was gonna suck either way.

12. AMissingLinguist

AMissingLinguist [Not Here][Blank Sect][Nuffian #N]

Reading List:
    Link
    I was spending 30 minutes on the tutorial boss in NieR:Automata on very hard and couldn't seem to get past the jet pack part as 2B. I dropped the difficulty to hard, and beat it on my first try. The difference in difficulty is crazy. :blobtriumph:

13. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    That's Yoko Taro for you. :sweating_profusely:

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  14. Evil_Ginger

Evil_Ginger 『Lawful Neutral』『Cheese Master』『安德鲁』

Reading List:
    Link
    Heads up, there is a great mod for Isaac that shows item descriptions.

Also, if we are talking about epic gamer moments, it would probably have to be related to Hollow knight. It is such a beautiful game but there is this fight against 3 mantis lords and it has great music, a great fight style, and I felt so strong after winning.

AliceShiki likes this.
  15. Gandire Alea

Reading List:
    Link
    More like, we were being rushed, but the people rushing us left the by the time we got to the final boss. So, we just went for it.

It actually happened again with the 3rd act boss.

AliceShiki and SquadCammander354 like this.
  16. Liola

Liola Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I liked my Kingdom hearts birth by sleep Critical mode play through on Ventus and Terra. No Aqua though I will never do that again.

17. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooooooh, glad it made a good difference then~
    Wow, that's one big difference alright~
    I know about the mod! My friend showed it to me when we played co-op! I use it now and it's beautiful~ <3
    Like, I don't need to memorize all items from AB+ and Redemption now, I can just go with my AB memory and rely on the mod for the rest~ *happy Alice noises*

Good job beating the mantis btw! ^^)/

And yeah, epic music just makes everything better~
    Being rushed is annoying... I like doing things at my pace... >.>
    ... Even if that pace tends to be fast usually... >.>

18. Gandire Alea

Reading List:
    Link
    We were there specifically to get rushed. I don't know about the other guy, but i had already completed that level dozens of times by then.

AliceShiki likes this.
  19. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    I can give a "double" remarkable experience.

Back in the day when the universe was still young, I used to play a DOS game called StarQuest I in the 27th century. I swear, it was like the ultimate jet game simulation trainer.

After playing that game, I could shoot down anything even if it was 1 pixel on a screen for a fraction of a second. After that, every jet game was a complete joke. Like I literally went back to playing other jet games, and I would just set myself to max speed and fly through the entire games, be it tunnels, spinning fans, bosses that you are suppose to hide while they do AOE attacks. Nope, I did it at full speed dodging everything. My friends couldn't even believe it was possible.

That said, with all that skill, I still never managed to beat the StarQuest I game... I got stuck at this 1 level where you get targeted by a heat seaking missile boss who travels at light speed X3 towards you. To fight him, I fought him at lightspeed X4. And even though I kept hitting him over and over, he never died. After trying for many times, I eventually just gave up.

Many years later, I came back to the game to give it a try but unfortunately DOS games don't work very well on modern computers, especially ones like this where fraction of a second timing is important. And even though my skill is nowhere where it was before, on easiest mode I still managed to get to that level (before I used to do it at hardest level and challenge myself further). I got to that level and ended up beating it though... So apparently, you were suppose to do side quests and you have limited time until the nuclear missile(who I thought was the boss I had to beat) to complete all the side quests. Not fight the heatseaking nuclear missile at light speeds... I mean who could have possible expected despite all the miracles jet game skills I had, I actually had to actually learn to read >.>...

20. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    PC still kapuff so nah~
    tbh there nothing beat experience participate on wars, be it guild, clan, country or race hence this cat fond memories of Rising Force Online and Three Kingdoms cuz this cat active on wars backthen lul~ the sheer of player involved with some maneuvers or tactic up to last minutes wave to hold or capture strategic place or key point, too bad it require kinda plenty of time investment which this cat too lazy to bother again~ hey become field commander, spearhead or harassment unit is fun~ you may end up dead with penalty but fun!

similar experience on MOBA games with comeback such as all towers destroyed then one final wave during player respawn time~ battle among arguably similar close ability with similar determination and teamwork can be really fun~

there also thing hmmm see lover couple create from in game activity which source of lol and abused single dog feeling~ kinda rare but they exist~

do you know The Rogue Galaxy? PS 2 game where this cat wasted time to create weapon, bug league championship, factory and bunch of bounty hunt list

oh well this cat kinda miss internet cafe, play together, troll together and trash talk each other~

these day this cat busy how to make the character as slutty as possible~ cuz this cat lay hentai game..... duh... but the PC kapuff so no game.... maybe.... just play bubu the cat