Japanese Shingan no Yuusha (Hero of God Eye)

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by VCH, Nov 11, 2017.

1. VCH

VCH Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Shingan No Yuusha (Hero of God Eye)
    Name: 神眼の勇者

Raw Link: http://sfast.jp/blog-category-2.html

NU Link: http://novelupdates.com/series/shingan-no-yuusha/

Manga Adaption: http://mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=144994

Why It Should Get Picked Up: One again thanks to the lovely translators over at LHTranslations, I have stumbled upon another Isekai series which has piqued my interest, and once again while it has all the general storytelling tropes we all hate but really love, it has the small unique plot point which differentiates it from the bottom barrel Isekai series.
    Plus the protagonist totally looks like Minato Arisato from Persona 3 and I would love to an Isekai series starring him, plus he uses a log which makes it even more unique, so here you go.

Description:
    ----------
    Makoto is a recluse (hikikomori) who gets summoned to another world. From the Goddess Liana, he's granted the "Truth Eye" aka "God's Eye". Makoto is now able to see various things, including the past and future, using this ability to live as an adventurer in a different world.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2017
  2. gandalf

gandalf Patriarch "You Shall Not Pass"

Reading List:
    Link
    Tags?

3. mecharos

mecharos 《Vampire Neet》

Reading List:
    Link
    the manga is interesting. I hope someone pick this up, for them to translate in their very spare time.

4. VCH

VCH Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Added.
    Sorry about that. Still getting used to all the bells and gimmicks of making request thread.
    As requested in the template, I'll be going back to fix my other thread aswell.
    Also a big thank you to the mods for fixing the links.;)

5. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    The 1st chapter for the manga was interesting. That Log Weapon was just Hilarious(LOL). Hoping someone picking up the novel too.

6. PersonaJXT

PersonaJXT Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think the majority of chapters are available online anymore. I went looking for the raws a while back and could only find a handful of chapters before a huge skip. Looking at the linked webpage here, it shows only chapters 1-9 before jumping to 99-114. Waybackmachine doesn't seem to have any version of it with the mission chapters either, if they were ever there to begin with (it feels like it got moved with only some sample chapters after getting published or something). Someone would have to find a complete version of the raws if they wanted a translation.

Chapter 9 ends at chapter 2 of the manga btw, so chapter 3 of the manga onwards would include the missing chapters.

7. travelingbum

travelingbum Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you can wayback for 1~50 on syosetu, the 99~125 on the blog seem to continue from there..... so that's like 76 web ch raws.......
    but of course web updates were dropped for LN......

8. DarkWolf907

DarkWolf907 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it seems it is discontinued to support LN(unconfirmed). LN is already in volume 7. So for someone who want to translate i guess they should translate ln ver. Thats my opinion

9. polarbot

polarbot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone has its link on nyosetsu?

10. DarkWolf907

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you mean syosetsu ?

11. VCH

VCH Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well that's a slight downer. Lesson learned for next time I run off to find Manga adapted WNs. While I still hope someone maybe translates atleast up to the gap in chapters, guess for the time being I'll enjoy the manga. Apologies for getting everyone's hopes up.

12. DarkWolf907

Reading List:
    Link
    Dont worry, i suggest someone to take the ln ver. Hope he want to take it

13. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, Chapter 4 is out and all I can say is that Makoto's stats are truly trash compare to the hero of Astena, the goddess of Time and Space, who had abandoned Makoto in the first place. Tsk, all I can say is Makoto is out of his league with his Eye of God compared to Time and Space magic. The curbstomp from the hero should wake Makoto up, either into a person who amasses a force to kill the hero or upgrade his eye to more combat oriented...

14. VCH

VCH Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Changed the thread's tags to "picked up" to reflect the current status. Also chapter 4 of the manga translated is out as mentioned above.
    And while I do enjoy the cute quirky lewd progress with the maids. I sort of hate the trope of Astena's heros being just as cruel as Astena herself, but considering the entire world's context is god and goddesses battling each other, we may aswell be expecting everyone who isn't in the MC's faction to be an enemy with ulterior motives.

Eve likes this.
  15. SwordD

SwordD New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well this was a refreshing new title, i've already given up on most of the isekai novel and stories that always starts well, then fizzle out to some bs that no one cares to remember or relate.

The protagonist actually isn't a shy/gay japanese boy who loves to toy around with women's feeling (the cold shoulder then innocent conscience bs). What's more is that the protagonist isn't some dumb kid with "nakama" powers that gives immediate result to "evildoers", for example he backed off when facing against someone stronger with considerations for the future.

A work represents the author's skill, education, and experience, and so far these 2 authors are pretty promising on the basic level of reality and world building. (This is only based off 5 Manga Chapters).

That line about swords is pretty accurate on swords and axe, it gets stuck in bones and blood pretty often if you don't have a really strong arm to pull it out(you need to be like a huge lumberjack dude to barely pull that off), especially when surrounded like that by a great number that all targets you.

16. Vamps31

Vamps31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello Any spoilers ??????!!!!!!!?????

17. devang shrivas

devang shrivas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    send link for raw previous raw link has expired.

18. damnedguy

damnedguy Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well looks like he slept with liana from his future seing and there's an illustration that she opening her clothes's, so I wonder what happened can someone spoil me? and is she a virgin?

19. Kuroihagane

Kuroihagane Investi-gathor

Reading List:
    Link
    I tought the english title was "hero of wooden log" lol

20. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    The summeries looks pretty generic..