Short story to prepare for NaNoWriMo

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by Slayerwolfx2, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Slayerwolfx2

Slayerwolfx2 [Immortal Forever]

Reading List:
    Link
    Zombie me is BACK!
    Oh, nice idea, imma write about zombies... or not. Still don't know what to write about for NaNoWriMo though, lol...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How zombies survive all on their own makes me envious in this post apocalyptic world... but then again, if I was a zombie I wouldn't be able to live the life I wanted.

This world, Earth, became interconnected with a few other planets, with the results not being... as kind as humanity wished them to be. Due to being the weaker planet of all, it ended up being the dumpster for all the problems of the rest of the planets.

Bad things have both sides to them, however, and adventurers populated Earth due to its high monster density. This brought a different life to the planet called Earth, and many would even dare to say it strengthened us, despite the immense destruction brought upon the planet.

A few years after my father passed away, living in the cold and bearing the hardships of a monster populated planet, I made it my goal to migrate in another planet. My blood had frozen cold, and the days were boring enough that I carved a change. And it was a pretty difficult goal if I say so myself, who had aspirations of becoming the best adventurer there ever was...

Sometimes I feel like the higher ups just gave up on us, but starting that train of thought is just another rabbit hole that never ends. I would really like to meet one of them up close and ask them how are they faring in the luxury of those other planets while theirs continues to suffer...

Looking for ways to protect myself and having a path to easily advance, I was torn between becoming a healer with almost no defensive abilities, or a warrior that while it had a strong start, getting anywhere with the status of a simple warrior was impossible to say the least.

It's not to say I was lucky and had the ability to choose, but I much prefered a female healer than a female warrior. I guess, however, that losing a loved one really changed me. The problem being of course, how would I find a chance to travel on another planet being a simple warrior.

Sigh, when everyone mentions warriors, it's like they are mentioning a dog who goes on occasional hunts to just barely manage to make ends meet. Which isn't to say they aren't wrong, but it's really painful to hear that from literally everyone! It's annoying!

People have even suggested me to sacrifice my body for easier advancement... needless to say of course, those guys found themselves sleeping in a dumpster for the rest of the night. Makes me feel just a little better for choosing to become a warrior.

If it wasn't for the power that being a warrior brings, I would have been dead ten times over these last few years, or even minutes, but further advancement was really difficult. It was what seperated commoners from the successful ones. If only I had the ability to choose a rarer class other than lich, I would have jumped at the offer... pity it's too late now.

I couldn't help but sigh again as I looked back at the numerous dead bodies, all so casually lying around here...

Sometimes I just can't help but wonder, how the heck did I end up like this?

Oh yeah, the bastards that killed my powerless father.

It's really easy to lose yourself when you are about one of the thirteen survivors from a group of about three thousand.

"Fucking... shit. Remind me again, why did we choose a retard for a leader?" Kish, one of the thirteen survivors said. I couldn't help but agree. When you see a Hydra, you run, you don't fight it.

"Hey, we do have the body of this heady beast, so this should be more than enough to live the good life, right? Right?" Gor, one of the idiots of the thirteen survivors, said.

"If we go out like this, being the only survivors it would be lenient if they only gut us, let alone reward us... have any smarter ideas?" I called out to him, enjoying the look of his face going from prideful, to thoughtful, to absolutely horrified.

"Yeah, so let's use the Hydra's body for our advancement. There are thirteen of us, and the beast has thirteen heads, it's like made for us!" Kish, the smartass said after a few moments of thinking. Becoming a Hydra-Warrior was a really nice looking prospective, but it meant we would be hunted down by every human alive for having a beast's class... darn.

The other survivor's eyes really shinned after his words, however, all of them looking at the hydra's body with glee. I bet half of them even forgot it was their friends who died this day...

All of us, having reached the limit, were just waiting for advancement, but knew it would never come. It wasn't like we could do what any other sane person would, and advance through the dead beast's power... we had no such possibility with how things were.

Seeing no other choice available to us, each of us contemplated about other possible paths we could take, but each at the end ended up choosing to become a Hydra Beast Class. Unkillable, strong beyond reason and banned from almost every resource available on this Earth...

Can't really complain though, this was just starting to get interesting after years of boredom. Time to start living the adventurer's life the way I originally wanted.

Thinking about this, I couldn't help but show a devious smile, quite probably scarying the other twelve. Yeah, this was about to go crazy!

Bad Storm likes this.
  2. Slayerwolfx2

Reading List:
    Link
    938 words... took about 1 hour to write; I've had better days.
    I really have to get into shape for NaNoWriMo...

3. Random lurker

Random lurker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    damn its the time to NaNoWriMo again ?
    time sure is quick

Slayerwolfx2 likes this.
  4. Charlessssssss

Charlessssssss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Good luck?

Slayerwolfx2 likes this.
  5. ErryChu

ErryChu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty interesting so far hehehe. I mean anything can Happened right? I'm not even sure how I would go from there.

Slayerwolfx2 likes this.
  6. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    If Ai-chan isn't harassed again, maybe Ai-chan will join it this year. But does the copyright remain with the author or will nonowrimo take the copyright?

Slayerwolfx2 likes this.
  7. Slayerwolfx2

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think NaNoWriMo takes the copyright.

Vanidor likes this.
  8. Vanidor

Vanidor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You never upload anything to them other than a title(which you change), and things like excerpts.

Basically it’s a cheering site, you can talk to others online, get advice, post progress percentages, meet up with locals who are also doing it, etc.

My local city of 50k has a couple dozen usually doing it. They will meet up at the library and write, go for coffee etc. Some just talk online.

I’m thinking of doing it again this year but still not sure.