Discussion Should I Pick These Up Again?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by CrispyNoodle, Mar 20, 2016.

?

Novel(s) I Should Pick Back Up.

1. ATG

2. CSG

3. PMG

4. No, don't bother

5. I Shall STEAL the Heavens is the best!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Great Me

The Great Me Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't dislike CSG, but like too much Xianxia, it's completely lacking in anything but scenes to show how uber and righteous the MC is. It gives me there is this really interesting story we are missing out on because the author can't get past the "I, your father, am going to kill you!" for his weekly ratings on whatever site he publishes.

2. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    This is pretty accurate summation of ATG and it's problems. It's not so much I hate the character, I just think the author is terrible. His plots are repetitive (which is why there were so many of these ridiculously repetitive confrontations between YC and BHC), his characters make decisions that don't match their personalities, and just in general bad writing. I enjoy harems, but I like targeted harems like Zhou Weiqing does in HJC, not Yun Che's do every girl who is even slightly beautiful. It was enjoyable for awhile, but slowly degenerated into pointless badness with little to make it really enjoyable.

3. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh, doesn't sound too much like anything I need to read then, thanks.

4. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Indeed, there's regretfully quite a few novels highly regarded more for the "potential" and wishful thinking of the readers (including myself here) than the Author does it credit for... *sighs*

5. Gunji Murgi

Gunji Murgi Overlord of all Things Feathered

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea wasn't paying attention to the conversation, don't mind me, just a eandom fanboy passing through. :whistle:
    Though I agree the soldier don trilogy was shite and evertime she writes about anyone other than fitz I can never get through them, so I just skim through them cause they are just slightly relevant to the real story.

Arcturus likes this.
  6. CrispyNoodle

CrispyNoodle 『Noodle Overlo*d』『Open Pervert』『Onii-chan』

Reading List:
    Link
    It takes an army to fight a war but... it only take ONE person to start it o.o... just saying

7. Risus

Risus ✵ Enigmatic Poet ✵ Tiger ✵ Reese's ✵

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, I agree.

8. NoveLuber

NoveLuber Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    never said he was good but at least he was decent enough to protect her from getting raped.
    if another despicable bastard was there instead of him it would without a doubt become a threesome rape then even killed right after? anything disgusting or despicable you can think of couldve happened really and they would use the excuse "we only need one hostage" or something similar along those lines (remember his grandpa was also caught)
    but the fact that he stopped it made my opinion of him not as bad as all the other scumbags in that sect
    so at least he was decent.

9. readingdigest

readingdigest Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    CSG literally had to throw a tiger in there because the story blows so hard. I caught up on the series after a long break from it and regret wasting my time. Only positive is the MC just finally gets back to the main plot this last chapter.

But the story doesn't make any sense anymore

The old cultivation levels don't apply to the MC anymore. He's basically reset and started anew. The answer that the author found for changing up his repetitive sword to the throat is to make him into avatar. He literally controls the elements now instead of fighting with swords. It's unreal.

The reason I stopped reading ATG at the Burning Heaven Arc is because the slaughter was pointless. The MC has already progressed way beyond the level of the Burning Heaven Clan. Having them abduct his cousin/gramps was so unnecessary. The author should have just have Yun Che move on to bigger and better things outside of the country. It was all fluff. And then the author had the audacity to hint that Yun Che will be participating in a continent wide tournament. Like holy shit man, he just finished a god damn tournament and you are going to have him jump straight into another? That's lazy writing.

And from the chapter discussions, it seemed like Yun Che wastes more time trying to get in bed with anything with legs. Like where is the @#$%ing story?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.