Question Should I Pick up Emperor's Domination again?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by KageTokage, May 14, 2020.

1. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, I read Emperor's Domination back when it was just getting translated. However, after a while it started to get dull. Now that there are so many chapters out, should I try again?

2. Valyrian6

Valyrian6 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm at around 2000 ish chapters in, and I'd say that if you found it boring when there were only 500-600 ish chapters, it's still going to be boring for you. The novel has followed the same style, more or less, the entire time. Hope that helps!

SleepyFox and Tresdin like this.
  3. slightofhand

slightofhand Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That depends on what you look for in a novel. If you want a riveting story with deep characters and personal growth, this is not it. If you want LiQiYe's face smacking steamrolling journey towards the apex, then this is for you. Its a popcorn affair. Treat it as such and you will enjoy it.

4. Zom the Monk

Zom the Monk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dropped it around that time as well, for me the major issue was that the sense of scale for various attacks just got so overboard that I couldn't really picture them and compare.

5. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    The MC starts as this amazing person with a huge amount of knowledge, but does he improve at all? It felt like he was doing things out of habit. Trains people to get stronger, goes around to see if acquaintances are still alive, and aims to be the strongest (but without a large drive or purpose to become the strongest).

I enjoyed the face-slapping just as I enjoyed Library of the Heaven's Path, it's nice but becomes repetitive. Though, at least ED's MC wasn't a total idiot and has actual skills.

6. ryosuke08

ryosuke08 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I felt alchemy emperor a thing in between the two. easy to read like heaven's path, but face slapping like li qiye.

7. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    Is that the one where the MC likes to act like a wastrel?

8. ryosuke08

ryosuke08 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't remember him acting like a wastrel... he has both the brains and a harem, money means nothing and Crystal's and medicines are all for his group and family. And he makes a few pots of pills and has the cash rolling on his feet.

9. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, okay. It's called Alchemy Emperor?