Should I read Swallowed Star?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Ruyue, Sep 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruyue

Ruyue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, I am a sinful human that is wondering if he should read swallowed star.
    I am thinking about reading it, yet Im not exactly 100% sure if I should start it. Please I need advice from seniors who have started this novels.

2. Kid Kayor

Kid Kayor The Cake is Fake, The Pie is a Lie

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Master

Master [Old Pervert] [Grandmaster]

Reading List:
    Link
    As a very respectable Master, I can advise for you to read it.

4. Phoenix Azrael

Phoenix Azrael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would recommend reading it.
    The positives include how it explains its cultivation system and that the novel feels really fleshed out.
    The negatives include the excruciatingly slow translation speed

5. Taurus3301

Taurus3301 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, even though I don't think I should be considered a senior, I'm personally inexperienced and tasteless myself, but I think Swallowed Star is pretty good

The translation speed really depends on what you're comparing it with, and if you're using certain methods to get past the Qidian paywall

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2018
  6. genocidegrand

genocidegrand Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    have you done your daily sinful act my disciple?
    how many first spam have you done for the past week

7. Pork_Supreme

Pork_Supreme Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I ended up dropping it after like 600ish chapters, the author constantly uses the MC's family/friends/planet as plot devices to get the MC to act or power up or be desperate or etc. and I find the constant repetition of any trope in a single series to be extremely annoying.

That said, I was a huge fan of the first part of the series - pretty much up until he gets ready to leave Earth. I'd drop the series after that.

Iham likes this.
  8. Ruyue

Ruyue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you all seniors for responding I am thankful.

9. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Give it a try I guess, didnt really like it tbh

10. Insanityplea

Insanityplea *Head Tilt*....*Fart*

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasnt bad at the start but after awhile you start to realize the MC is a bit...dumb? Hes smart! Hes talented! Hes strong! He forgots simple things like a text message or email to say "Hey, I will be MIA for like X timeframe, dont fret, worst comes to worst ill lose an arm but survive!" or realize that his cultivation failure family, friends, loved ones will be dead in a easily measured time frame compared to his "I R BE IMMORTAL!" sooner or later..though the way the author goes chances are it will turn into a "I can bring them back!" thing.

Read it, if you like it, keep reading it. Can always stop when you catch yourself headtilting and going "well, that was damn dumb." or staring at the wall cause its less mind numbing than whatever you are reading.

edit - No real thread relevance but damn it felt good ranting a bit. Its rinse/repeated ranting though...:(

For the record, iv stopped reading plenty of things because of various reasons. One of the more numerous ones would be MC going to place to find a lady/girl/sexobject/WhateverWomenAreClassifiedAsInParticularNovel yet their qualifications based on society around them to be with said female is so utterly lacking and pathetic it will most likely (definitely) spark a war of some kind that the MC only wins because of PLOTARMOR. I just dont get it. The female usually isnt being pressed into anything and has lots of suitors, fine whatever, but the MC in proper "Dick With Legs" syndrome waddles their retarded ass over to location where powerhouses gather and starts screaming "SHES MINE!" in less simple words, then has to run away, come back later stronger and/or with friends/allies, rinse and repeat til author is satisfied every known power is bitchslapped into place or KIA'd, then MC gets another harem member (usually, sometimes its their 'one true babymaker').

It makes no sense! If said female is not being hurried and harassed into a relationship, why rush over when you KNOW FOR A FACT YOU ARE NOTHING IN THE EYES OF EVERYONE ELSE! Its like "Huh? So you went to location X, where monsters (man and literal monsters) gather to 'prove your love' or whatever nonsensical shit popped into your head when you are only at powerlevel A27 compared to their AA55? Isnt that just asking to get your ass erased? Why are we friends again? Damnable moron."

Look I accept plotarmor existing but try and weave a better tale then simply "I R BADASS!" <Badass gets beaten 3/4 to death and saved by friend/guardian/DeadOldManInAccessory, training arc, comes back, beats/kills/PossiblyBefriendsEnemy> "I R BADASS ONCE MORE!" <repeat/rinse/repeat/rinse>. And for fucks sake, dont kill off the MC and then have him revived overandoverandoverandoverandover. Dragon Ball beat that horse to death, revived it, beat it again to death, then tried to revive it again but the horses Soul said FUCK THAT! so its now a zombie horse mindlessly being beaten to death repeated.

Sorry ranted a lot with no relevance to thread topic.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  11. Glenda11

Glenda11 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes

12. Nino Sasou

Nino Sasou 『 ******** 』『 On Paid Leave』

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty interesting. Cultivation in post apocalypse world. It's good until mc went to space.

13. kenshiro

kenshiro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    early plot is very well written, but the rest of the novel suck so much. It just get worse and worse overtime.

nightcore34 likes this.
  14. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, you shouldn’t read it~ :p

If you like the description then read it.

15. nightcore34

nightcore34 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Good character and a good start but much later on it became really dull. So yeah, start it and see if you can survive, even if you drop it halfway it was still a good half.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.