LCD Sign-in Buddha’s Palm

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Feb 16, 2021.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder what will happen to the mortals in this nation after he wipes out the church that was likely the sole power of note within it. I can't help but think they'll be slaughtered or enslaved en masse.

2. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One has to question if mortals are worth enslaving to cultivators.

3. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Interesting question, because we know that sects don't actually actively involve in politics. Even the evil ones, they don't want power. They just want lives. Now, unless another evil sect emerges, the kingdom should be more free?

4. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm guessing the kings vs empire thing happened in Chinese history because this isn't the first time I've come across this in a story. I like the Game of Thrones approach to things more.

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasn't this plan brought up and dismissed like two chapters ago?

Vincent1873 likes this.
  6. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought he put it into place but no one was following it. But still it's essentially the same plan.

It also doesn't seem enough to 'touch their bottom line' and spark them into action.

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldn't wonder if he was a saint for sitting on his bum in the palace for a decade. I'd be certain that he was a lazy freeloader...

8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder what makes them think they can take on a legend. It would be a nice twist if they were the emperor's spies goading the kings into giving him an excuse to wipe them out, but I sincerely doubt that's the case.

9. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    They're wondering because he's not really taking much advantage of his position to young master his way around the capital. Even lazy people can be hedonistic.
    I assume they showed that they have a legend as well. Maybe more than one. I doubt it but it would be interesting if this was a lion type situation. New strong males coming to claim a prized territory. So perhaps brothers who are legends coming to take over this territory and start a new empire in a manner that's presumably similar to how the current empire was founded.

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If they have a legend, then why would the legend need the kings? No one below legend can harm a legend, so there's no need to care about anyone in the capital when going to fight the MC. If they actually have the strength to kill the MC, then the emperor will either hand over the empire or die, and the kings will fall in line without issue. Rallying them beforehand just feels like wasted effort.

11. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    There's taking over the empire and there's making a new empire. If he just scares the emperor enough to make him give up the throne then as soon as he dies all of his descendants will be thrown out. This way he gets some loyal supporters in the empire.

They probably have a legend but they won't be as strong as the MC. 3rd or 4th level max.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
  12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    How many peak grade one greatmasters does the MC need to casually kill before people realize he's a Legend?

That aside, I wonder if anyone in that army will survive this arrow. Honestly, it'll feel a bit off if its a significant number.

If he were actually a Legend (which the latest chapter is currently indicating isn't the case), and he didn't feel like wiping out the imperial family, then he could always just marry Su Qin's niece. That way, his descendants would be the rightful heirs under either dynasty. Its actually a pretty common tactic for conquers in feudal societies, if fiction is to be believed.

13. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I’m not getting why they would send peak grade ones when he killed four(?) already without having to reveal himself. Maybe there’s a legend hiding.

If he killed her brother then sure. Still if he didn’t have supporters they could still try to replace the line. Though logically speaking if he lives 200 more years then h could raise his own people.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
  14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Only wiping out the kings feels extremely weak tbh. Its not like the MC was restraining himself. He didn't even know how to.

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Seriously? That was his plan? How would something that a dozen grade ones can easily block get passed a Legend? And if he's got a secondary plan that's more powerful, then why wouldn't he start with it while he still had the element of surprise and there was at least a small chance of it working before the Legend noticed?

16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C150: Wow, without the protection of that Legend's reputation, there's basically no way an organization stupid enough to think that this was a good plan would have survived this long...

C151: I wonder why he didn't try to extract BKG's location from the guy before killing him.

C152: How is he expecting to find BKG? They're an underground organization. Unless they're as stupid as they've been written so far, their base shouldn't be known to anyone outside the organization.

C153: Even if Su Qin used his Divine Sense to cover the entire continent, how would that allow him to spot members of BKG? Do they all use a super distinctive cultivation technique that makes them easy to spot or something?

C155: So, he went from wanting to retaliate against BKG to not caring about them at all even though such retaliation would take almost no time or effort?

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if he'll just use this as a sign-in spot until he surpasses Legend, or if he'll actually travel to the other world in the near future.

18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If they weren't set there as guards then why would they bother to hang out by the seal in the first place? They had no reason to think that it would open in their lifetime.

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    He really should have tested whether or not his clone could sign in before sending it over. Well, unless he's just planning to use it to check out the situation before having it return and take his place in the palace anyway.

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If the imperial teacher pissed off a legend and then ran away, wouldn't said legend retaliate against his empire? It seems rather short sighted to think "Well, in the worst case, I can run away" without considering the consequences to the people who follow him.

If she wasn't feeling well, and the imperial doctor was useless, then why wouldn't she go ask her brother? He's already shown that he's more competent, and its not like he'd refuse to help her.

That aside, why wouldn't his divine sense strand have notified him when his sister fell ill? Or take any action to help her?