LCD Sign-in Buddha’s Palm

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Feb 16, 2021.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, the MC seems to have forgotten that he had indeed intended to go overseas, but changed his plans once there was no longer a point in doing so.

Honestly, that token feels a bit superfluous, and its probability of working if wielded by someone without the strength to conquer the empire on their own is likely zero. Frankly, I doubt there's anyone alive that even remembers what the token looks like, much less what it means or how to verify its authenticity.

2. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Odds are that it would likely be given to a royal family member regardless. Besides it might have some of his legend divine sense in it to enfore it.

3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Why does he suddenly want to conquer the continent? Didn't he believe it wasn't worth the trouble before?

Vincent1873 likes this.
  4. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly. This is completely out of character.

jacobpaige likes this.
  5. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    If this was just the countries that had been plotting against them I'd be fine with it.

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Its getting harder to ignore how nonsense these chapters are...

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If he's at the 3rd layer, and that's considered one step below the top, then why wouldn't the sects want to recruit him? Unless he's done something to destroy his own reputation, there's no reason for them to not want more powerful people loyal to the sect, especially for the second rate powers.

Wow, this guy might actually manage to not commit suicide. I'm truly surprised.

8. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Did it say that he couldn't join? At any rate I think the "top" he referred to are probably the known experts. There might be some hidden ancestors in the upper realm.

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if he's about to accidentally destroy half the city...
    I wasn't responding to anything you had written...

10. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't think you were. I was asking if the story said he couldn't join a sect if he wanted to(that the sects didn't try to recruit him basically).

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Perhaps I'm misremembering the chapter that introduced him, but I thought it had said that. As I recall, the lack of resources from them refusing to recruit him is the whole reason he came to this continent.

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "there would be no problem in negotiating with them…” If a negotiation actually happened, I'd expect it to be something along the lines of "Surrender or die."

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Why would you mobilize the army to face a Legend? If anything, you should be scattering them to preserve their numbers.

I wonder if all the Legends going forward will be so nice as to offer themselves up to be slaughtered by going straight to Chang An, or if some of them will actually try to avoid the MC.

14. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    They should send Bloodkill over to scout things out.

jacobpaige likes this.
  15. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read enough of this novel to not expect any scouting from the enemies. I bet they'd be like, "There's a Legend there" "So what?" then they'll reach the palace and shout something like "Surrender or Die!", every Martial Artists on the capital would be amazed and scared when they see a bunch of Legends surrounding the Palace... alright this is getting too long, long story short they'll do something stupid and get killed.

jacobpaige likes this.
  16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    His sister has a fragment of his divine sense, doesn't she? Can't she use that to contact him and let him know he has visitors before they start trying to lay waste to the city? Failing that, don't they have a bunch of coins from him that were created specifically for dealing with enemies?

How did 3rd Heavenly Layer go from "respected elder in even the major sects" to basically nothing that any random cultivator could manage in under two centuries?

I'm mildly surprised that Ruan Qing couldn't defeat any of them. He's been taught by the MC directly after all. Him beating one of them would have been credited to the MC.

Now that one of them has died in a way they can't really comprehend, I wonder if they'll try to surrender or to flee. Fleeing seems more likely if the MC lets them, but you never know.

17. Bachingchung

Reading List:
    Link
    Those Divine sense thingy are for protection and probably a one way communication.

Yeah, it's ridiculous that these disciples are still disciples when they're Legends already. A Vice Sect Master is at 3rd/4th Heavenly Layer already yet these mobs who are dumb enough that they would just believe a rogue cultivator's every word. And he was gone for more than a hundred years. How tf did they reach 3rd layer when they can't even do a simple reconnaisance.

jacobpaige likes this.
  18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    It was my understanding that they're sentient to some extent as they're sort of like proto-clones of him. As such, communication in dire circumstances should be possible.

To be fair, they did do the recon. They just didn't believe its results due to their own, perfectly reasonable preconceptions, which were then confirmed when the met the MC's servant.

19. Bachingchung

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh right, the Divine Sense is similar to an apparition of the MC, at thr level he placed it. He usually just one hit kill his enemies so it's hard to remember his numerous skills.

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    This magic power sounds basically worthless compared to his sword. Sure, it'd be good as an AoE, but its not like he needs to take out an army of Legends, and the collateral damage to the environment and any allies he might have around him would just not be worth the minimal amounts of time the power would save him.

Why does he think this is his first combat oriented magic power? Eyes of Truth lets him target weak points with absolute precision (assuming he ever finds anything strong enough for him to care about its weak points), and Flesh Rebirth allows him to attack with abandon while not caring at all about defense. I mean, sure, neither one is helpful to him in battle since he's so OP compared to anyone he's willing to fight, but the same can be said for the new power.