Discussion SKT VS SSG Who do you think will win?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by xlfighter, Nov 1, 2017.

1. igiveup

igiveup a good boy

Reading List:
    Link
    xd, yh, this year SKT's drafting has been terrible.

Crown allowed to pick highest win rate mid in the meta 3 times in a row.

Poor Faker, not his fault. All KKoma's fault as far as I'm concerned.

2. doomeye1337

doomeye1337 /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Incubator, the messenger of magic~

Reading List:
    Link
    are you sure it wasn't bang's fault for trist ulting Ruler to safety 3 times? or bang getting overconfident when SKT had leads in games 2 and 3 and squandering the momentum? I wouldn't say it's all Bang's fault : lots of team blame all around. But if SKT was supposed to be a clutch team, Bang was the anti-clutch.

3. igiveup

igiveup a good boy

Reading List:
    Link
    Not gona be paid 2 analyse this shit or something, so all I'll say is you could point out many mistakes Faker did that series also btw. 2 obvious ones I recall for example are,

G1, after Peanut steals the baron, Faker baits his team into getting into a bad fight by flashing into the pit, and ends up resulting in 4 peeps dead, which totally ends the game for them because 2 lanes were already being pressured by default; it was best chance for them too reset, and take over the map and gain a snowballed lead.
    (didn't watch G2 that closely 2bh, can't remember much - mainly cus Yasuo pick, esp when played by Huni, 2 me was auto-loss)
    G3, Faker getting caught out in the end costs them the game, and he also dies multiple times pretty freely before that in the game costing the team loss of pressure.

It's easy 2 blame a guy for 'losing the game' due too 1 single mechanical mistake at a crucial moment, but games are like 30+ mins long - there's always plenty they could have gone differently.

For example, consider when Bang was playing Varus in G1/G2.

In G1, Varus couldn't ulti any1 srsly, Xayah has ulti. Zac is 2 tanky by then and can also esacpe with his ulti. Malz has his shield. Janna will be at back, and is difficult 2 get at anyway. Kennen was perma splitpushing. Basically half his usefulness was gone from the get go.

In G2, the only 1 Varus could ulti was Jarvan, but cus SKT didn't have that strong of a front-line due too Yasuo pick, Varus had 2 play safe. If he was in range 2 ulti Jarvan, Jarvan was in range 2 ulti him and trap him.

Meanwhile, when Ruler was on Varus, the only 1 he has 2 worry about is Gragas. But at the same time, Gragas doesn't have the point and click engage potential of Jarvan, hence it was easy for the Varus too instead get free ulti's on the Gragas instead, catching him out multiple times for cheaply - Gragas doesn't have the same escapability as Zac. Varus could ulti Karma and ended up doing so 2 auto-win the game.

Basically, team comp matters significantly, and in all 3 games, SSG put out the team comp that was more balanced with the easier 2 accomplish win conditions, while SKT kept putting out imbalanced teams with uncertain win conditions - which they have done for multiple best of 5s in a row; who decides the team comps? KKoma.

2 save time, KKoma also let Crown play Malzahar 3 times in a row, who he had already shown too be skilled on and treated it like a pocket pick in past games, a champion that has consistently had the highest mid win rate both worldwide and in korea for many patches in a row, one that also performs well in high elo in soloQ.

https://lolalytics.com/ranked/worldwide/platinum/plus/champions/ (mess about with the sorting options, Malz super dominant)

There's also the fact that Malz is actually a supporty type champion suited for organised play, hence he actually excels in serious competitive games. This coupled with stable high win rate Janna.

Main thing about the Malz pick though, is that it's too safe. They should have pressured Crown into a more volatile insecure champion, even Taliyah, and then Faker would be given the opportunity too outplay his level of impact. By letting Crown play Malz though, he was always going too perform at a 'good' level cus of how safe he is and how all he has 2 do in late game teamfights 2 be impactful is press R on a good target.

I'm pretty confident, had they put Crown on a more 'risky' champion, and Faker would have punished him pretty easily and carried SKT 2 easy win. Ofc in da end, just armchair guesstimates. Feel free 2 disagree.

4. doomeye1337

doomeye1337 /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Incubator, the messenger of magic~

Reading List:
    Link

5. igiveup

igiveup a good boy

Reading List:
    Link
    Pointless 2 discuss these what-if things dude, and I'm not gona bother trying 2 convince u what mattered more.

Only put my points across since you asked.

[​IMG]

6. DollHead

DollHead NYAH HAH NAHA

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow I feel dumb everyone watching world and analyzing it and I'm just trying to get out of b5

7. xlfighter

xlfighter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    xDDDDDD
    i hardstruck b2

8. DollHead

DollHead NYAH HAH NAHA

Reading List:
    Link