Recommendations Smart protagonist and strong heroine in war/survival setting without harem

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by finalsacre, Sep 27, 2018.

1. finalsacre

finalsacre Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello,

I am looking for a novel, a fiction, or even a fanfiction which has the following features:
    • The story must be either in French, English or Japanese. Yes, I do not mind untranslated Japanese fictions as I can read them well enough.
      • The protagonist must be a young male, between 18 and 30. He must be smart and have good knowledge of sciences.
      • He must NOT be dense or overly shy, like your standard Japanese MC. He can still be shy, at first, or emotionally slightly stupid, but not to point of not understanding other people’s emotions even when they are obvious.
      • A cold-headed and analytic MC would be preferable. The MC should not be cruel or sociopath.
      • I would prefer a protagonist who is not overly lewd, not any more than the average man (counter-example: Issei from High School DxD).
      • The MC should not have superpower. His power should come from his intellect or weapons.
    • The protagonist must quickly get into a romantic relationship with the heroine. It should be done during the first half of the story.
      • The heroine must also be smart, at least about as much as the protagonist. She can also be physically strong. Mentally + physically, the heroine should be at least as strong or stronger than the protagonist.
      • The heroine must look about the same age as the protagonist.
      • The heroine must NOT be a tsundere.
      • It must NOT be a harem. There could be other girls, but the protagonist should clearly love reciprocally only the main heroine. The other girls should be just friends.
    • The setting can be fantasy, modern or sci-fi, however, the two characters must be in a survival situation, possibly inside a war. They must face hardships and struggle to survive. Their love should blossom inside that bloody battlefield. There should be suspense and an apparent lack of plot armor, or plot-induced-stupidity.
    • The story may be 13+, 15+ or 18+.
    Example of the ideal story I am looking for:

[MC], an university student majoring in engineering, found himself transported into a fantasy world where the very survival humanity is threatened by demons and other magical beasts. Inside this hopeless situation, he met a beautiful and an exceptionally skilled maiden, the only survivor in her platoon. Together, they must cross 20 km of no-man-land to join the remaining allied force, and then desperately fight back against the enemy together with what is left of the human army. The 21-century knowledge of the MC, combined with his gifted tactical intellect, supported by his partner, will prove to be the turning point of this savage war.

Note: I already know Release that Witch. Something similar would be ok, but with on a smaller scale and with a much bigger focus on romance.

2. morli

morli Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What a hard requirement. Smart MC is already rare enough, and smart MC with that setting is almost non existent. I would like to be proven wrong though if somebody can give a suggestion.

Edit: If the setting doesn't have: no harem, smart heroine, no cruel mc tag then maybe I can give some suggestion.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
    finalsacre and Enryu022 like this.
  3. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Aisha Ann

Aisha Ann I LOVE SELFISH VILLAINESS

Reading List:
    Link
    finalsacre likes this.
  5. Drakolous Maxima

Drakolous Maxima 《一条龙》

Reading List:
    Link
    finalsacre likes this.
  6. rijimon17

rijimon17 Hope you can read the words

Reading List:
    Link
    So by smart MC do you mean that character is smart, or that everyone else needs special education. Because one of these choices can open you up to many titles.

finalsacre likes this.
  7. jbogado

jbogado Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rakuin no Monshou; Orba life has treated him badly, is a slave gladiator who is given the opportunity to replace a dead prince, is a strategist and with the sword and does not let himself be controlled. Vilena is his fiancée and princess of an enemy country, he has personal and thinks well what he does. The story is full of political plots but it is very interesting and it is also complete I finished it in a month.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
    finalsacre and Bright_Lucky_Star like this.
  8. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    finalsacre likes this.
  9. Einzwalker

Einzwalker Cook-Protagonist Hater

Reading List:
    Link
    finalsacre likes this.