Chinese So What If You've Been Reborn? (BL cultivation)

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by ike_00000, May 2, 2020.

1. ike_00000

ike_00000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: So What If You’ve Been Reborn?
    Raw Link:
    这锅我不背 (sorry I can't read the language so I don't know where the link is, but it should exist because OG translator definitely read ahead and the story is completed)
    NU Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/so-what-if-youve-been-reborn/
    Why It Should Get Picked Up:
    The story is only available up to CH27 right now, but it's already promising to be amazing. MC and ML both show strong character development, and their relationship grows in such a sweet way. It falls under the popular BL cultivation setting, but the plot is a refreshing take on it. MC technically has a disability in that after he falls asleep, his memories revert back to when he's 3. However, seeing him & ML work through that and grapple with it is so touching.

From the beginning, ML is very OP, but at least up until now it never feels like he doesn't have struggles and he's just clearing the way for MC. MC does rely on ML, but it never feels like he just sits back and watches and waits for rescue. Plot developments also seem very interesting, and even the side characters are promising. SOMEONE PLEASE PICK THIS UP!!!

Also, and it might be a bit selfish of me to say this, but I hope this gets picked up by someone willing to put effort into their translations and not just almost-MTL. The previous translator did a really great job, and I think this is one of those stories where writing quality really makes a difference in enjoyment because of nuances and other things. If you are not willing to put in that effort and time, please look for a different amazing novel :)

Note: On translator's website this is still "in translation" but the last update was mid-November 2019. Prior to that, they never skipped so many months before, so that's why I feel confident posting this story in this forum.

Bonus: According to tags it's also reversible!!

Description:

(Note: the description makes it seem light and fluffy and funny, but it's a lot more than that. The comedy is definitely secondary.)

The main protagonist Chen He often meets crazy people in his life, and all these people have very deep prejudices against him. They often do weird things.

(1)

Once, Chen He polished off a bunch of hired killers (who seemed to be after him?), and eventually found the mastermind.

Chen He: You and I are complete strangers, so why are you doing this to me?

Mastermind: You’re gonna kill me after ten years! Of course I’ve got to make a preemptive strike.

Chen He: …

(2)

Chen He: Sir, we have had no bad blood between us, and I have not done anything to offend you. Why are you being so threatening?

Taoist priest: Hmph! In the future, you’ll be offending me to no end. Haven’t you been looking down on me all your life?

Chen He: …but I still have my entire life ahead of me!

(3)

Antagonist A: Chen He! Because of your master, I was rejected by XX Sect, and so I was forced to become a demonic cultivator!

Chen He: Who…who are you?

Antagonist B: My future lover’s meridians and good looks were ruined by you, and I’m definitely not gonna let you do it this time!

Chen He could not help but think: There is definitely something wrong with my life!

----------

Elliana likes this.
  2. Mosstree

Mosstree Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ike_00000 and Elliana like this.
  3. Shizuka15

Shizuka15 Lady Lan XiChen

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't this story already being translated?

4. ike_00000

ike_00000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was, but the last update was November of 2019.