LCD Soaring Towards the heavens

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Alverost, Dec 26, 2016.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    C46: Yeah, they're not suspicious at all.

C54: I wonder how long it’ll take the ghost to realize she’s been tricked.

C56: If they had a flying device like that, why did they even stop at the temple? If it could easily be affected by the weather, it wouldn’t be worth using.

C57: “He would instead blame the death of the two men on the ghost cultivator. Xiong Xiao wouldn’t dare to dispute it.” Why wouldn’t he dare? That Yin Core is obviously from a fairly weak spirit. The odds of her being able to kill those two are much lower than the odds of him having ambushed them while they were fighting her.

C58: “To him, men who did not return grudges were not men, and those who cannot take revenge had no capability.” I hope this doesn’t become a theme. This sort of thing leads to truly repetitive and boring storytelling, not to mention the massive swathes of relatively innocent dead people.

C60: I really do wonder where he’s keeping all this fragile stuff. It’s not like he has a storage ring or something and eggs and flowers aren’t exactly known for their durability.

C62: I wonder if Fatty actually got thin, or if this is just his master’s illusion art.

Also, how does Fatty have a Senior Sister? Didn’t his master say that his sect doesn’t except females? He could see the sister’s cultivation, so he had to know she was a cultivation genius. Why did he turn her down if the sect takes women too?

C63: It’s too bad she didn’t accidentally snap her mouth shut when she heard the news.

C64: I wouldn’t call it brash, I’d call it stupid. He doesn’t know enough about the world to know if that box has distinguishing characteristics. Using it like this is just creating trouble for himself.

C66: I hope she included a “you can’t kill your subordinates” clause in her rambling. I have a feeling that those idiots are going to be courting death.

C67: I’ve been wondering this for a while now, but why do the people who surrender get to stay in the cave? Aren’t cave spots supposed to be super precious? Why wouldn’t they remove the defeated enemies and replace them with their own loyal followers? Especially for someone like the guy who surrendered eleven times. He’s basically a waste of space and resources by their definitions of such things.

If they’re being that openly disrespectful, I wonder if he actually can kill them and get away with it.

C68: Is it just me, or is the MC’s personality getting shallower as the story goes on?

C72: “leading the life of a whore and expecting a monument to one’s chastity” Haven’t heard this one before, but it’s very suitable for this and many other situations I’ve seen in similar series ;)

Why are they treating it like they’re lying? The dead guy did in fact abandon his duty, and the odds of him saying something disrespectful to the MC are extremely high. So long as they don’t claim to have seen the event personally, there’s no reason why they can’t support the MC’s story without lying at all.

C75: So, why are all the servants women? Don’t the female cultivators need boy toys too? Or is raping mortals only allowed for the male cultivators?

That is some seriously lazy naming right there. Insultingly so.

C76: She should feel lucky that her father wasn’t asking her handmaidens if she was bedding them…

C81: I wonder if the new spy will ever wind up acting against the MC, and if the MC sent him, knowing he’d be turned.

C88: “He grabbed the hundred strands of long hair with his hand and began to silently channel his transcendence energy along the hundred strands of long hair into the hundred dark eggs, using the secret art to carry it out within.” So, when his non-cultivating teacher told him that the method required one to be a cultivator, how did he not catch on to the fact that his teacher was lying about not being a cultivator?

If he has to do this daily for almost three months, then why is he doing them all together? What if something happens and he has to skip a day? Won’t all of his work go to waste?

C91: I wonder why he’s not having them gather livestock or whatever. They’ll definitely be hungry when they’re born, and it’d be bad if they tried to eat his handmaidens.

C94: I wonder how large the space in the ring is, how long it’ll take the bugs to outgrow it, or if they’ll even be able to grow while staying in the ring without food or water. Also, that Deep Sleep isn’t very deep if they don’t take any time at all to wake up from it.

That aside, he really should have made arrangements for food for the mantids if he wasn’t going to keep them in the ring. Things could go horribly wrong if they get too hungry.

C95: I wonder if that enemy of his will leak info about this mission to loose cultivators so that he’ll get ambushed and loose the shipment and/or die.

C98: lol. I thought this guy was trying to win the MC over ;)

C104: Wow, didn’t think she’d take the heat for Xiong Xiao.

C105: I’m really curious what the MC will do with Blue Jade approaches him. At the moment, I’m guessing that he’ll pretend to go along with them, while secretly laying a trap for them, but I’m not sure.

I wonder if that handmaiden will still be loyal after being sold out like that.

Also wondering what he would have done if he accidentally landed on his handmaidens when he leapt his mount directly into the courtyard.

C107: Why didn’t he go back to his teacher’s island? He should be able to back track his course to get there shouldn’t he? Or does cultivation not improve memory in this series?

C111: How is he so stupid that he doesn’t understand that Qin Weiwei is telling him to go home so that Xiong Xiao won’t have an opportunity to kill him?

C122: Wouldn’t someone find her body floating in the ocean and notify someone higher up that a second tier yao cultivator had been killed?

C126: Why would an octopus name its child Ox? He really should have put more thought into that name.

Also, the MC is a sociopathic mass-murderer. The people he’s come to murder are all clearly sentient and share enough of human culture that they don’t find his mannerisms strange. They are no less people than his brother and sister. I’m sure that if human cultivators dropped cores, he’d be mass murdering them too.

C127: I feel like the MC learned how to lie from the same person who taught him to cultivate. They’re both tell such spectacularly bad lies that people aren’t willing to call them out on it ;)

Hmm, that sounds like Charcoal is a throwback to one of those two divine beasts. I wonder which one, and what it would take for Charcoal to actually cultivate to the level of being able to turn human.

How does he not realize that he proclaimed himself to be a nobody? I thought he was supposed to be relatively astute about these sorts of things? Or does he think that Yang Qing and the other Manor Heads would bother to suck up to the unknown cousin of a foreign Manor Head’s least favorite concubine?

C132: Why are they all so small that they don’t overflow the stage? Shouldn’t at least some of them be as big as the octopus?

C134: He really should be running away now. Watching the fight is a good way to become collateral damage.

C134: I wonder if he’ll go back to being a Cave Master. I’m sure he’s gained enough to be able to compensate the deaths of his subordinates if he felt like it. Though honestly, I’m not sure why he would go back at this point, other than Yan Xiu and the handmaidens, who will definitely suffer if he doesn’t return.

C150: Why would you make a spear’s haft rough? A large part of wielding a spear is sliding it in your hands, and having it be rough will only interfere with that.

C155: “Hall Master Huo Lingxiao had a cultivation at White Lotus Fifth Grade.” How could a hall master have such a low cultivation?

C157: What is this MC’s problem with reefs? Does he not understand how important they are to the local environment? He should just go destroy trees and boulders like everyone else.

C161: After the MC saves everyone, I wonder if he’ll blame his subordinates’ deaths on Ever Peace Manor? They’ve just made themselves perfect scapegoats after all.

C165: How is the enemy not away of the MC’s cultivation level? I’d have thought people would be gossiping about it all over the place.

C166: This is really dragging on. I mean, they’ve already given away the ending, what’s the point in wasting so much time getting there? The only real question is if any of the side characters will die, and there’s hardly any chance of that left now. The only ones left that are in any danger at all are Qin Weiwei, her father and the guy that saved his handmaidens. He needs Yang Qing to survive, or he’ll die. Same goes for Qin Weiwei. That just leaves his frenemy, who really isn’t very important.

C168: How does he still have 82 artifacts? Shouldn’t the armor have consumed more?

C171: I wonder if he plans to claim that his “benefactor” ordered him to do it ;)

Also wondering why the MC hasn’t healed himself and Qin Weiwei yet. He’s had plenty of time to do it if he had time to recharge his armor.

C174: I wonder how they plan to restaff after this.

C175: On the upside, those three are so craven that having them on Xiong Xiao’s side might actually help the MC kill him.

C182: How did he not know Yao Ruoxian was following him? His bugs are all over the guy. The psychic link between him and them should have told him that he was nearby.

C183: Why do so few cultivators use bows? Yeah, it takes a bit of concentrated fire to have an effect, but it’s safer, more reliable, and allows far more people to gang up on a single individual.

C184: I wonder how her investigation failed to uncover the deep enmity between those two. Also wondering if he’d still have invited both of them if he knew.

C186: With the MC’s status, Yao Ruoxian doesn’t dare to kill him openly already, what difference would him joining the system make? Honestly, killing him would actually be easier after joining the system. People inside the system kill each other all the time and no one seems to care so long as they’re given a half-hearted lie and the orbs continue to flow.

C188: What the heck is his problem with those two having a relationship? It has nothing to do with him, and there’s nothing wrong with people having relationships. Honestly, his continued extreme bias against her and everything related to her is getting annoying.

C190: I have a strong feeling that that’s the hall master he’s threatening.

C191: I wonder if “Big Brother” will drop by to sample his wine in the future ;)

C196: Why would you wear white during a night raid? Even if they’re trying to cause a commotion, it’s still stupid.

C197: Why do they keep saying that there are twelve corpses? Weren’t there eighteen handmaidens? So shouldn’t there be sixteen corpses?

I keep wondering what he plans to do when Yao Ruoaxian finally figures out that he’s not developing a connection with the mantids. I figure he’s got 3-4 years max. I mean, he could have them all stab him since he’s got them all over his body, but if he were going to do that, then why didn’t he do it already? I mean, it’s not like his cultivation base is going to increase by enough to matter in that time frame. Nor is he likely to grow close enough to the guy that he wouldn’t be able to bring himself to kill him. So what’s the point in dragging it out?

C199: I wonder if Mei Yu bothered to look into the military strength of East Arrival Cave, and why they’re planning to attack the cave instead of setting up an ambush to kill her on her way back.

C200: I wonder if the MC will think that this attack came from Xiong Xiao. Also curious if Yang Qing will agree with him.

C202: lol, I really want to know how he plans to justify this, especially when he’s keeping the prisoner alive.

C206: How did he get away from the scouts? And how did he enter the cave without the other scouts seeing him?

C208: I wonder if he honestly expects anyone to believe that he’s poor ;)

C210: Yeah, the next Cave Master will definitely be Yan Xiu. The odds of Yan Xiu not doing what the MC tells him to do are pathetically low. So the only thing that might change is who else is stationed at the cave. And even that will only change if he decides to stop funding his little army now that it can’t officially be his anymore.

C213: If she really wanted to protect him, she should have transferred him to her mountain and made him Horse Deputy there. It would be much, much harder for him to cause trouble that way.

C214: I don’t know what’s wrong with his head that he actually thinks this is a good idea. If the other party decided to attack him again, they definitely wouldn’t underestimate him a second time. They would definitely send a force that was capable of killing him ten times over.

Honestly, once it made its way to the Hall Master, I kinda thought she’d take it to her opposite in the Second Hall, just to cause trouble and laugh at him a bit while pretending to be angry.

C218: If it’s been four years, then how is that refiner not suspicious yet? It doesn’t take a genius to realize that if a full bond will form in ten years, then some form of connection should have formed after four.

C220: I’m looking forward to his reaction when he realizes that core is gone for good ;)

C221: I wonder how many cores he needs to eat for a noticeable change to happen.

C222: Why would you let amateurs spar with real weapons?

I think Yao Ruoxian missed the most important thing the MC said: You have to start over from zero to learn using this method.

C226: I don’t think the MC will kill Yao Ruoxian given the amount of time the author’s spent on him, and how much his lack of evil has been emphasized, but I'm not sure what other way that he’d settle the issue after Yao Ruoxian realizes that he’s been tricked for ten years. Or is the MC depending on Yao Ruoxian's affection for his handmaidens to save him?

C228: Well, that ended way more peacefully than I was expecting. I thought he’d demand the use of the mantids for refining crystals if nothing else. Honestly, that’s probably their best function if you're not behaving recklessly.

C231: lol, she might just pay him those reparations he’s been asking for thanks to this ;)

C232: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

C233: What if the winner was a woman? Is their daughter bisexual as well as being an object to be gifted to any random stranger who happens to be good enough at refining? Or does the sect not allow its female members to even dream of being the head of the sect, regardless of their skills?

C234: I wonder why he hasn’t gotten his handmaidens to learn refining from Yao Ruoxian yet. I’m pretty sure he’d teach them, and it’s definitely a good thing for them to learn.

C238: I wonder if she’ll have to sacrifice herself to save him before he realizes that she’s not some demonic hell spawn :(

C239: I wonder if the handmaidens will report to her father that she’s interested in someone like they’ve been ordered to.

C240: I wonder who the MC actually plans to make Cave Masters once he ranks up. Even with a mountain under his control, he can’t really afford to keep paying the price he’s currently paying for his little army. Unless they volunteer to take a pay cut, I’m not sure he’ll actually want to keep them around in the long run.

C244: I wonder what pretext he’ll use to attack Xiong Xiao. If he doesn’t have a good one, then Yang Qing might have to execute him.

Also wondering if Charcoal’s armor ever got refitted, and how he plans to pay his little army if he’s not there on payday.

It seems strange for the Ninth Branch to be next to the Fifth Branch. I would have expected them to be numbered in geographical order.

Didn’t he just say that he didn’t want to carelessly bring his cave’s troops across system boundaries? What exactly is the difference between that and this if he’s going to be flashing his Cave Master credentials everywhere?

C245: I figured he’d use the herb in his ring to heal himself and expel the poison. I wonder why he didn’t.

C246: Why did he never get his helmet repaired? He had the materials, and the original artisan. There’s really no reason why he couldn’t have replaced it, and protecting your head is extremely important.

How did they go charging around the camp without trampling any of the sleepers to death?

So, three cultivation levels only increase your power by 20%? Isn’t that a bit too pathetic?

I wonder why he’s not using his artifacts to attack. The other party only has two at most. It’s not nearly enough to protect against his seventeen.

C249: Wasn’t recruiting someone a big deal because the recruiter would be held responsible for the misdeeds of the recruited? Why would he recruit a known bandit with a massive bounty on his head? I mean, it’d be one thing if he was just planning to use the guy and then kill him, but this isn’t that sort of MC.

C250: I wonder if she’s a yao princess, or just has a lot of yao subordinates. Also wondering if she’ll recognize one of the items he stole from the yao at some point.

C251: How is he dealing with feeding and cleaning up after the marten?

2. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    It would seem that his teacher rewarded his big brother for helping him in his time of greatest need :)

I wonder what he gave him though.

‘If Fairy Yue Yao is truly his younger sister, then his future will definitely be bright.’ I wouldn't say that. For one thing, there's no way to let her know where he is. For another, there's tons of people that would seek to use her weakling brother against her and her master. There's also the problem that, if he did manage to contact her, she'd feel obligated to help him, which would make him feel like a worthless sponge. It's best if the two of them don't meet until he's at least a purple lotus cultivator.

Of course, it would be good if he could find a way to get word to her that he's alright, but I'm not sure how he'd manage that.

I wonder why his sister didn't ask that sect to keep an eye out for her brother? She had to know that he might come for a visit and be unable to find her. Actually, that makes me wonder: Was she the one that told Suppressing Second Hall to let the City Lord's killer go? If so, does she know where Fatty is, or was she just grateful to whoever killed the bastard and decided to give them a free ride?

3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If the city really does vet the loose cultivators, then he should do a recruitment drive while he's here. If he doesn't want to be dependent on that sect, then he needs to fill the other half of his caves and a significant part of his mountain with people from outside the sect, and I'm not sure how many of Xiong Xiao's people will survive the coupe, or could be trusted even if they did survive. Planning to replace them from the start is likely the best option.

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I really hope the MC catches wind of that lie about a wife. I'm curious about his reaction at that time.

"The only exception was Luo Shuangfei, who still found Lin Pingping a sight for sore eyes. " I think the TL may not know what this idiom actually means...

If he's selling almost all of them, then where is he keeping all of his treasure? Did he actually manage to spend 200 rings worth already?

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    ‘What would I go to the other five nations for?’
    That's a flag.

This sounds like a truly crap world to be a cultivator. The majority of the time, you're probably better off being a mortal, so long as you don't stand out in any way and can avoid the notice of anyone of any importance whatsoever. So basically, this world sucks for anyone other than the top six.

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    lol, I wonder who the lady is, and how long it'll take for her to investigate the MC.

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    lol, these people are far too bored. A palace master really shouldn't pretend to be a courtesan ;)

Aww, I was kinda hoping they wouldn't find out, and this would come back to bite her later ;)

8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess she's not the palace lord since the governor didn't recognize her, but if she outranks the palace lord, then why is she in that city during the time when taxes are collected? Is she a sage's apprentice or something?

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I really don't get why he keeps that a**hat around. He should just kill him and be done with it. He knows too much to be set free, and keeping him around is worse than pointless.

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Luo Shuangfei is completely ruining this series for me. I utterly hate characters like him that exist solely to create unnecessary drama and prevent the story from developing. I’m not sure I can keep reading this with that worthless piece of trash polluting the story and slowing down the already glacial plot.

Once he’s bound by the Immortal Record, surely he wouldn’t dare to fool around anymore!” Exactly how stupid is the MC? Luo Shuangfei is even happier to cause chaos than he is. If joining the system hasn’t fixed his own attitude, then how would there be even a 1% chance that it would fix Luo’s?

She should just strip Miao Yi of his army. It’s the only reason he’s so arrogant. If she’s worried that his enemies will kill him, then she can just forcefully transfer him to her place to be her steed deputy or ask her father to take him in as his steed deputy. Though, with his abysmal attitude, he’d probably spend more time in irons than he would tending the steeds, and if her father was the one to take him, it'd likely cause political problems. Not that any of that matters since it's time for him to go make another fortune.

Well, it’s pretty clear that only one of the two is coming back from this, and it’s pretty clear which one it’ll be. I wonder if they’re allowed to bring troops with them.

11. MoonMoon

MoonMoon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this novel good?. I kinda want to read it but i see ntr tag. Soo...

12. Haiku575

Haiku575 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did he make it thru the island death game adventure yet? I paused my reading after the Red Scarves broke apart.

13. Haiku575

Haiku575 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes he did.