some common sense about chinese novels,read this and have more comfortable reading feelings!

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by wazs, May 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wazs

wazs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hello there,here is wazs from china.

i willing to exchange ideas with you,this will help me learn about the word and people outside my country.try some easy word and grammar because i learn english by myself.

i will write about the business about novels(the fully part,i know you dont like it),the culture of network which will help you solve translate problem(i notice no everyone have a professional team,hope this will make you work easily)

it a large work,so i will write what i think and put they in order the other day(i have to making living,so it wont be too fast)

i also hope someone can help me,because i have questions,too.

it is hard to translate some Chinese word into english,i have to waste a lot of time in Information literature(document?).

so contact me plz~

ps

here is the“update”,i will update someting i want to supplement here,so make sure you wont forget this part

for example

kid,it is my first day in UN, met many kind people ,but i realize there is some problem here.

i really wish you could read this!

you think it is cool,but it not, racist will make other peoplo sad,and it actually do harm to your life,your further.

you read chinese novels right ? remeber the "dao"? it has the meaning of peace, of be kind to the world so the world will be kind to you, too.

in china there is a way of saying a thing "the best way to do with a disgusting kid is let it go,when he grow up the society will teach him a lesson"

that mean his life is ruined.

i dont know how old are you,but you parent and friends should be responsible for what you do because they didnt stop you,but if you parents and friends do so,keep away from them,the racist one is a beast!

Dont Let That Garbage Influence You!

here is what i want said,kid.

ps
    5.24 oh,im glad to answer your questions.ask if wondering

you see,we have so many troubles in translate,but why?

(i try to think why, find it is funny,when we reads we can also learning something new.)

THE Chinese characters,create by thousand years ago.

first it is like a little picture,we call it“Pictograph”.

see?one word representatives a objet,or a group of action.

As the years past,people simplified it,but the meanings stay,or even have new meanings.

For example,an acient writer put "A"and"B"together like"AB"for a new meaning,another writer think it is a good idea,so he uesd too,then everyone do.

pow!a new word"ab" created.

man,that is easy than english,english words can do this ,too but it is long,in chinese it is just"a"and"b"!

and god,there is a word like"ao"and"a0(zero)",they look same but change a word means totally different,translator will be Insane.

chinese guy also like "implicit"(come,see my eyes,you know what i mean right?)

and It can be divided into polysemy pun, homonym parody pun, pun, grammar pun, etc.......

feeling want to die right?

1 sometimes the order of words in fact dont influence our read.

("i eat food ""food i eat""eat food i",we will pay attentin to grammar but is ok with out it sometine)

2 the homophonic is also the game we like to play

i just see sb say"is that 软妹 means money?"

no it is not,"软妹"means gentle and soft girls,人民币means money,but 人民 reads like 软妹,and it is funny,so we maybe say 软妹币instead of 人民币.

3 the association,sometime words can have means because of association.

in china there is a guy,first he said"i wont eat it even if i die!"

then,he taste it,and says:" delicious !"

so the word " delicious "has the new meanings,mean someone eat his words,but pay attention!only the" delicious "can,the yummy?sorry,and the translator will never know this

that is some reason why it is so hard to translate.

im writing about the kinds of novels,that will help you quickly find what you like i think,you will see it soon

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2019
  2. Kuroguma

Kuroguma [Cyber Lich] [Aspie] [SOX][Forgotten Perv]

Reading List:
    Link
    I've a question for you.
    Pinyin, will you ever fix this?
    Take qidian, the way to say it is similar to chidian.
    But if you know nothing of how pinyin is supposed to be said, you'd say kidian.
    :blob_catflip::blob_catflip:
    Also how is this affecting your ability to learn english?

3. wazs

wazs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1 about pinyin,it is like the “International Phonetic Alphabet”,in fact in china kids have to learn how to read Pinyin first,kid maybe dont know the word,but children`s book have pinyin on each word,so they know how to read it,and realize what it means,it also help he study!what a great work.
    so if you want to read pinyin in fact you should learn.
    2 learn english,if i think,i teach you,i translate chinese into english,it is a exercise for me.if you dont use words you will not remember how it spell.
    and know the way people thinking is helpful to learn their language
    like Mathematics,we learn it not only for use(1999x2+5=?,stupid questions i have calculator),but for practice way you thinking

4. Kuroguma

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, pinyin phonetics are different from english phonetic.
    Take cao cao, in pinyin they right way to say it sound like tsao tsao while with english ponetics it will sound like kao kao.

5. wazs

wazs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yes,i know,until today i still cant remeber english phonetic,some voice donest exist on other(:hmm:

6. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Good job and keep it going.
    Peace!
    [​IMG]

7. Kuroguma

Reading List:
    Link
    It was phonetic difference I was referring to in my first post.
    I really wish and hope that pinyin will one day be changed so that qidian, would be closer to the english phonetic way of saying chidian and the other similar phonetics that differ from english
    I think that would make it easier for english speakers to learn chinese and make it easier for chinese to learn english.

8. wazs

wazs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    who knows(Shrug shoulders)

9. lailai

lailai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, why? Does that mean that when the phrase "pain au chocolat" should be changed to "pen ow chawkuhlot"?

There are so many languages in this world, doesn't mean all languages have to bend over backward for the English language.

10. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a burning question.

You know in xianxia, there are some times MC has to hide, and he has to change his name?.
    But why do they make stupidic changes, like from Xiao Yan to Yan Xiao, does that even consider as a fake name ?.
    Is there a belief they shouldn't change their name too much?.

11. Kuroguma

Reading List:
    Link
    Well what the point of having a more or less unified latin alphabet if the phonetics aren't the same, could do like germans etc that when there is some letters than doesn't correspond., they can make a new letter. Instead they go "oh R let's pronounce it like the letter H" that's a good idea.
    I mean the japanese where able to do a good job in their romanization of their hiragana.

12. lailai

lailai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm trying hard to be polite. Japanese language and Korean language are NOT the same as Chinese. It is not syllabic like Japanese or alphabetic like Korean.

There are some languages that require whistling or a gutter growl. How is that supposed to be rendered in the Latin alphabet? The /r/ sound in Japanese isn't really an /r/ sound at all. But it was still chosen, so every time you read your username as "kuroguma" you're probably saying it wrong. In fact, the linguists could have chosen "v" or "l" or some other letter. From your treatment of how a choice was made to latinize Chinese, I'm supposing you probably laugh at people with Polish last names, wondering how did they get their consonants, and make fun of names like T'Challa.

In short, you need to get off your insular high horse and explore the nuances of different languages and cultures while being respectful of them as separate, not catering to selfish individuals.

I'm not going to even bother explain the why's of the Pinyin or Bopomofo selection to the ignorant because educating yourself is on you. Please don't inflict your ignorance on other people. Save it for Facebook.

13. wazs

wazs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well,first,the writer is lazy,yes,he is lazy.some writer will thinking a new name some will not,like superman wear glasses and others cant recognize him:hmm:(man that is lazy)
    and in chinese we have some many people,my classmate,three of them,their name read like same(in chinese there are so many words if you only read and just for a name who know which one you are saying)
    but the pot is writer is lazy

you learn this before? because you says like a professional one.that remains me of my thesis:blobowoevil:

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2019
    Zeusomega likes this.
  14. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    ugh superman, i still cant get how he fooled everyone, maybe its the plot armor XD.

lazy?!, they write 1000's of chapters but are lazy to put logic, aye i really thought there is some reason behind it, that would've been satisfying.

15. wazs

wazs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well,yes they are lazy,that because the nature of that novel is actually a commodity
    readers want to see fight,love,plot,so the little details is ok anyway
    i will write about it late in the text
    and this is funny because chinese man never notice that,is here anyone who see this also care about the name question?
    by the way where is the Button“show publisher only”?i think too long post make people dont want to see it

16. wazs

wazs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    first let us see how qidian`s Book classification works

玄幻xuanhuan ,武侠wuxia, 仙侠xianxia

well,we have explain in wuxiaword so i dont want to say to much,in fact i dont care the details so let us call it“XWX”

奇幻(story with magic,dragon,knight and so on)

都市dushi (story in today,dushi means cities)

历史(history)

军事(Military)

游戏(game)

体育(sport)

科幻(science fiction)

灵异悬疑(ghost and/or suspense,the suspense can be reasoning like《Sherlock Holmes》)

二次元 (doujin or fanfiction?)

here is the official one,but,the chinese readers have some other way to classification.

attention boy,a novel can have many label.

【business novels】

the witer want to make money and reader just want to "feel high", stoies create with no Plot,or the Plot is in fact same.

Example

K is mortal/ disability who cant Qi Circulation.

k find ancient Magic Treasure/man with only soul and can only talk to k

k has so powful cultivation Base!

bad guy here

bad guy die,and jump out a stonger bad guy

stong bad guy die

end

this is business novels.

(Frequently appear in XWX)

【Xiao Bai novels】

xiao bai means new hand,as simple as a child,fool.

the story is ridiculously,because the writer and reader are all xiao bai or just reader is xiao bai

the story have no Plot,or the Plot is same too like business novels,but it is more worse.

it can be forgive if the writer is a new one,but not that who write to earn xiao bai reader money!

be a good taste read,the business novels can be Xiao Bai novels if you dont care,it is more easy to write.

【high novels】

the high novels will make readers feel high(happy?Carefree?)

in fact almost all the novels is high novels i think

i mention it because there is a important concept calls

“high point(HPT)”

HPT is the plot with make readers feel high

like lead role finally kill the Abhorrent bad guy,beauty fall in love with the lead role,the lead role get the treasure.......

HPT is the key why a novel can attract reader,but a good writer should put HPT in order,better like the wave,the HPT is one by one but not too crowd ,and the big one after some small one,mobilize your emotions.

if the HPT is too crow,or the writer put a meaningless HPT,we can call it business novels or even worse,the xiaobai novels.

【unstoppable!】

i use the League of Heroes` word to describe this kind novels

the lead man is unstoppable,so the story can pay

more attention to the Plot,Role shaping.

(i recommend 《ONE PUNCH-MAN》,a Cartoon and Comic,it is perfect work)

and as the lead man is unstoppable,every fight can be a HTP

(so the business novels will also be unstoppable novels,but it give up the advantage of plot and Role shaping,just HTP)

【穿越,Travel time and space novels】

“穿越”means the lead man`s soul or body comes to anyother word or ancient time in earth.sometime lead man`s knowledge will be a help.

(if there comes his soul,then the bodys` owner must be died but someone dont know so the lead man can pretend to be the owner)

i mention this because i need use the word “穿越”,Travel time and space so....TTS i guess

(how lazy i am)

【Farming novels】

no that doesn't means we really need see how lead role farming,the farming novels is more peace,there will be war and fight but it is not the key,the key is how lead role development.

lead man of farming novels is usually a king,a owner of a Castle,a city.

the lead role can be TTS,so he can use his knowledge from Modern,change the backward technology

like using gun to defect the enemy with archer ,while others still riding horse he is already have train.

ps
    (there are more, i will just edit it later )

Last edited: May 26, 2019
    Zeusomega likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.