Other Request Something like phd except mc is WAY more ruthless

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by R0hqn, Feb 17, 2021.

1. R0hqn

R0hqn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In pocket hunting dimension it’s way to cheeky with like 5 girls all sucking up to him and all of Them have the same generic bland character of great hero. I love the concept of the novel but I really can’t stand having all of these situations especially for all novels with a bunch of arrogant “young master” little shits and the mc SHOCKING everyone with this amazing display of strength and then the others are like “WOW big brother is AMAZING. Like stop sharing your resources and these novels get boring so Easily when the only thing that makes them unique is there special power I mean that gets really tiring after a while, something like wmw (warlock of the Magnus world) is the literal perfect novel in my eyes like why can’t all novels be like that. Honestly the thing I hate about bad novels isn’t there bad grammar or maybe mtl or stuff like that, it’s the novels like these where 90% of the book is the same stuff of dueling the same people, getting stronger and advancing with the same not harem harem like please stop with the “romance” and it makes me want to cry when even in the Beginning he’s like oh Wow! Alice your dying! Here lemme just give you these orbs to save you from the same generic dilemma where you’re taken away or about to die “ wow senior schoolmate Tory so awesome let me cook you some spirit shit. Please just give me a novel where the main character isn’t a basic hero who can’t be selfish and ruthless. The Legendary Mechanic is also another great novel with actual substance with real characters and no over the top fawning with real stuff, it’s idea of versions and a huge variety of quests and different player based ways to do things is an excellent way to fill a book.

sorry for the rant and yeah just something like pocket hunting dimension just not with all of the... stuff

2. aShinyVaporeon

aShinyVaporeon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For your first problem, just use the evil, ruthless, or cold protagonist tag and exclude harem I guess.
    For your second one...that's harder. Only way to avoid repetitive arcs are to look at reviews, and sometimes those are false positives and you like the book anyway.

Only read like 30 chapters of PHD so I don't know too much of what happens, but here are my recommends I guess:

General recommends (what I like):
    - Let Me Game in Peace: Super Gene's no-romance, no-harem sibling novel (it's by the same author). Spectacle (in-world audience being amazed by the MC) is a feature. MC less loud and less of a perv than your typical CN MC.
    - 48 Hours a Day: Also no-harem, basically no-romance. Basically a system novel where the MC is transported into different historical periods as part of a game of sorts. MC's cheat is to get extended time per world and in real life. MC is generally quiet and not really involved with romance IRL.
    - Black Iron's Glory: Other than the harem and the MC being the womanizer he is, it's a good novel. Less magic than you'd expect though. Transmigration. (MC is from Earth)

Evil/Ruthless MCs (haven't read WMW, but here are some with similarly ruthless MCs, I suppose.)
    - Age of Adepts: [Harem Warning] Biochip must be the new fashion in western fantasy transmigration. I swear I almost forgot the MC was a transmigrator though...Anyway MC is a big strong fire mage. Harem is kind of annoying though. Not that the characters in the harem are bad, I just don't generally like harem where the MC acknowledges its existence.
    - Soul of Negary: MC = evil spirit of plague and death spreading his religion. Very cool overall, looks promising
    - Reverend Insanity: Everyone likes this one. Never read it, personally.
    - Infinite Bloodcore: Author of Reverend Insanity's new novel.
    - The Dark King: Neat worldbuilding and apocalypse concept. Unfortunately, MC takes a while to develop, and the way that the author had him develop was a little unconvincing.

Oh, those were all CNs, too.
    You can try some KRs, you seem like you'd like them?

3. R0hqn

R0hqn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks I’ll look at these the only problem for tags sometimes is they have like nothing on them like if you look at world hopping there’s like 5 novels over 400 chapters