Recommendations Something similar to The Beginning After the End

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Avagantimos, May 16, 2016.

1. Avagantimos

Avagantimos Chosen Undead|Bearer of the Curse|Ashen One

Reading List:
    Link
    does anyone know of a novel, original or on NU, that is like The Biginning After the End?

Llamia likes this.
  2. admira

admira Dino Pirate

Reading List:
    Link
    The Beginning After the End? I've read it before, but I'll have to brush up on it and get back to you. If I remember correctly, it might have been a little like Third Prince Elmer--but don't get your hopes up too high, since the author discontinued it.

Have you tried RRL? That's where the Beginning After the End used to be. Also, do you have any details about what you specifically liked?

3. craBebe

craBebe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unfortunately TBATE is western so it has a lot of elements that aren't really consistent with eastern literature (from what I've seen). It's a good story, but what aspects of it do you like? Expert transmigration stories are all over the place. Chaotic Sword God, Desolate Era, Mushoku Tensei (more thinking along the lines of Child Prodigy with these recommendations). TBATE is so good imo because of the author's writing style, nice comedic sense to it and a well built world. A lot of the novels on gravity tales aren't necessarily similar, but they're good (especially TMW/MW).

4. Avagantimos

Avagantimos Chosen Undead|Bearer of the Curse|Ashen One

Reading List:
    Link
    The fact it goes in depth on how the mechanics work in the world, the mc puts restrictions on himself, decent fights, the mc has the mind of an adult, and how the mc learns new ways to use his power and teaches others

5. OverlyFriendly

OverlyFriendly I should do something about

Reading List:
    Link
    IndusEla and pkhyber like this.
  6. craBebe

craBebe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reincarnator is good if you're looking for "mind of an adult". Instruction is.. limited at best. Good world building, interesting MC.

7. Funelas

Funelas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. admira

admira Dino Pirate

Reading List:
    Link
    I second World Teacher for, well, teaching. I'm not too sure about how far the translations have reached, but the main character spends several years teaching people. That's how seriously he takes it.