Recommendations Something similar to Very Pure and Ambiguous: The Prequel

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Vali Lucifer, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Vali Lucifer

Vali Lucifer [Truth is, the game was rigged from the start]

Reading List:
    Link
    This is related to my last thread
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/action-harem-novel-with-no-separations.70776/

Someone recommended me Very Pure and Ambiguous: The Prequel which match mostly what I wanted but now I want something similar to it.
    In Very Pure and Ambiguous the romance with the harem is absolutly amazing imo. Im at chapter 134 and for now the MC has 2 wives and the whole process is amazing. The core part that I like is that this a power trip novel where the MC becomes stronger and richer with time. His conflicts are just small issues and nothing major most of the time. Also the MC spends a lot of time his women and doesnt separate with them for long periods of time. There is death of loved ones and no NTR. Pure wish fulfillment and I love it.

Can someone recommend something similar to this novel ?
    Harem, No separations between the MC and his women, Romance, More towards slice of life moments with some action, Power trip gaining power and women along the way, Wish fulfillment.

Thank you if you can recommend something.

Dont recommend the obvious ones Kujibiki Tokushou: Musou Hāremu ken and My Wife is a Beautiful CEO

2. crow14

crow14 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So Pure, So Flirtatious Well same author you can say it a sequel (sorta)

Urban Banished Immortal This also power trip fantasy mc are smart handsome also op as hell but sadly translated chapter stop update like 2 month already

Returning from the Immortal World 2/3 of this novel are pretty similar to VPVA he have plenty of girl later on also have lots of subordinate most of the time mc don't even need to do a thing since his subordinate are pretty op aswell ( it shit later on like around chapter 1000 to the end )

Tranxending Vision MC have some interest power and his way of thinking also good but it get annoy really fast in early of this novel because there's one female character that keep push him around if you can endure this one girl it ok to read if not just close it author keep using this chick to annoy mc for like 100 chapter before he toned it down

Try to avoid Xianxia+harem usually these 2 genre most of them have lots of seperation between mc and girl especially MAR GARVITY novel don't read it this dude specialize are seperation and incest loli

Werewolf likes this.
  3. VillainInBlack

VillainInBlack Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you read "Beauty and the Bodyguard" or "So Pure, So Flirtatious"? They are both by the same author and sequels of "Very pure and Ambiguous".

4. Vali Lucifer

Reading List:
    Link
    How are they sequels to Very pure and Ambiguous ? Are these novel related to his children or something ??

5. Tsar

Tsar Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Vali Lucifer

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I rly like Urban Banished Immortal. So sad that it was droped ;(

Tranxending Vision , I read in spoilers that the MC falls for some whore ? She sleeps with so many people and the MC still tries to go for her and shit like that, so I dont want to read shit like this.

Returning to the Immortal world , how is it similar to very pure and ambgous ? Can you spoil me ? How does it start , how does it progress ? In short how is the novel overall

So Pure So Flirtatious , how is it a sequl to very pure and ambigous ? Is the MC in So Pure So Flirtatious his son or something ?

7. Vali Lucifer

Reading List:
    Link
    HAHAHAHA I have read almost everything from these recommendations but they dont fit my wishes

Long Live Summons is probably my favourite novel, I like how the harem have a pocket dimension that they stay with the MC xD I love it overall even tho the MC tries to stay low key most of the time.

Everyone is a returnee , the romance/harem part takes too long for me I droped it around chapter 80 cuz i got bored with the crafting and the other BS, the MC abrely interacts with anyone.

Commanding Wind and Cloud is good too, but there are long separations in it. The romance/harem start in the 300-ish chapters after the MC gets Lucy Lucifer. But the novel is mostly training and fighting. Still good tho

I have not read My Girlfriend is a Zombie and Returning from the Immortal World. Can you tell me more about them ?

8. betse

betse Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Very Pure, Very Vague (which is another translation for Very pure and Ambiguous) features later in the book the son of MC from VPnA : The Prequel. He is friend with VPVV's MC, the bad guy is related to the Prequel and Dr. Sun (that gives VPVV MC his first powers) is from VPnA too.

Beauty and Bodyguard's MC is the grandson of MC from VPnA and the apprentice of VPVV's MC. A lot of the event in Beauty and Bodyguard comes from VPVV, especially the bad guys (that are also related to VPnA Prequel) and the reasons for a lot of the stuff happening to BnB MC

The end of Very Pure, Very Vague is connecting the dots from VPnA Prequel and the sequel of Very Pure Very Guard (Beauty and Bodyguard). A lot more of people previously seen in VPVV features in Beauty and Bodyguard and a lot of subplot/subtext that are not truly explained comes from VPVV

9. Vali Lucifer

Reading List:
    Link
    So Very Pure, Very Vague is "So Pure So Flirtatious" ? The son of the MC from Very Pure and Ambigous is introduce later on in this novel ? He is introduced as a side character later on in So Pure So Flirtatious ?

Beauty and Bodyguard the MC in this one is the grandson of of the MC of Very Pure and Ambigous ? Right ?

10. Tsar

Tsar Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Returning to the Immortal world has a MC that comes from an immortal world and wants to return there, it starts with most of the normal crap where he doesn't trust anyone but it does get better. The MC mostly travels around a lot doing business, you don't see some of the girls for a while, but it does contain many interactions with them. He hasn't actually done anything with most of them but you can see the potential.

My Girlfriend is a Zombie has an MC with zombie control abilities in a zombie apocalypse, so of course he's OP. He finds his girlfriend has been turned into a zombie, ends up controlling her and travelling around with her, trying to restore her mind while creating a zombie girl harem.

Vali Lucifer likes this.
  11. Vali Lucifer

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice. My Girlffriend is a Zombie sounds interesting.
    Returning from the Immortal World doesnt sound so good. How long does the separations last ? Like 10 chapters ? 30 chapters ? I mean between the MC and his girls ? Also there are 600 chapters translated of this novel and he still doesnt do anything with them ? Lol ? I rly dislike when the MC's dont act intimately with their harem and they are just there for no reason.

Werewolf likes this.
  12. betse

betse Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes Very Pure, Very Vague = Very Pure and Ambiguous = So Pure So Flirtatious, just different translation of the title.

Yes son of MC from the Prequel is introduced around ~chap 1800 and is a side character that appears a lot in 2xxx chapters.

Yes in Beauty and Bodyguard the MC is the grandson of the Prequel and apprentice of MC from So Pure So Flirtatious. And a lot of people in Beauty and Bodyguards are either people we saw in So Pure So Flirtatious or their children.
    Plotline from The Prequel doesn't affect much of plotline from So Pure So Flirtatious (except the bad guys and the end of the book). On the other hand Beauty and Bodyguard plotline is more tied to what happened in So Pure So Flirtatious (esp the bad guys)

Vali Lucifer likes this.
  13. crow14

crow14 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    TBH don't bother with beauty and bodyguard look at the chapter last time i ask someone who read ahead 5000 chapter something still zero snu snu scene for a HAREM novel it abit overboard

14. CandyCake

CandyCake Member

Reading List:
    Link
  15. Dairikardo

Dairikardo Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Extraordinary genius
    Rebirth Prince charming
    Beauty and Bodyguard

16. Vali Lucifer

Reading List:
    Link
    Extraordinary genius and Rebirth Prince CHaring are not Harems tho.
    Beuty and Bodyguard is actually a bad harem. I looked up spoilers and its nothing like very pure and ambigous

17. SweetImmortal

SweetImmortal Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Extraordinary genius is kind of harem though, and kind of ecchi too. But it only happens in the 300-ish chapters but it isn't like very pure and ambiguous. But if you like Long Live Summons then i recommend Bringing the farm to another world. Although it sounds stupid but it's very awesome with the fact that the MC has an OP independent space that he can develop, and it's holy freaking 8000 chapter long which is cool but there are only around 800 translated which is not cool. But there aren't that much ecchi and some of his wives gets forgotten easily ( even though they are always with him ) but most of them are nicely developed a sense of presence.

Another one with independent space is Alchemy Emperor of The Divine Dao
    Which is more about cultivation and fighting but it has a really good comedy and good romance but the MC denseness might be something that you don't like but it's suprisingly funny in the way that the harem members gets desperate and sticking themselves onto him and making a tsundere character go to huge length to attract him. But so far there aren't any ecchi in this novel but it's a good read.

Vali Lucifer likes this.
  18. Vali Lucifer

Reading List:
    Link
    Alchemy Emperor of The Divine Dao sounds decent. Probably the MC will stop being dense at later chapters. Also wf it has almost 5000 champters and only ~100 are translated. Probably a good read for the year 2030

19. yonkyunior

yonkyunior Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Invincible Kungfu Healer