Spin-off pre-sleep idea in the Stargate universe(s)

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by honglath, Aug 31, 2017.

?

Opinions?

1. Yes

14.3%
  2. No

7.1%
  3. Maybe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Sleep it off

21.4%
  5. Not good enough

14.3%
  6. I can do better (please do)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. I like polls

35.7%
  8. Didn't like the other options, so i picked this one instead

28.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. honglath

honglath I miss my PC

Reading List:
    Link
    Pitch it better.

Merlin - the atlantean. His prime/first universe is screwed. Anything that could go wrong went wrong and the big bad guys won in every shape, way and form. As his last safe haven is under attack, he gathers every remaining drop of energy to power up his life's work and use it to send a mysterious object back in time to his young self, a last chance for salvation for the world as he goes out in a blaze of glory.

Merlin - the undecided. The transfer succeeds somewhat and young Merlin's encounter with the object will change his life forever. Unknowing what the object is or why it was sent to him, his inquisitive mind guides him further and further away from his original course. As he finally succeeds in deciphering the object's use, an incomplete memory transfer takes place, sealing his fate once and for all.

Merlin - the time traveler. Meat of the action. Now aware of his previous life, after a few unsuccessful attempts at gaining the help of his peers, he begins redeveloping his first life's work and incorporates it in a prototype starship that will take him to his goal across space and time.
    He goes back and forth, time and again, testing out countless variations and with each success and failure, he gathers both allies and enemies alike.

The ending is simple: his mission is a success, but the circumstances can vary. The world has a chance at survival, so now old man Merlin goes into deep sleep stasis. Tie in SG plot timelines and we're golden.
    ---
    Now... how crappy is this idea and what are the chances it might work?

Also, g'nite.

2. podlizurko

podlizurko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Or he can go search for Janus , who already has a working time machine/puddle jumper.

3. Ryve16

Ryve16 Working Hard and Hardly Working

Reading List:
    Link
    If they erase the bullshit known as stargate universe, stargate would've ended on a good note.

4. Cohran

Cohran [Androphobic] [Humble Baker™]

Reading List:
    Link
    Do it. Just know that if it is not done well we fans [me] will hunt you down:aww:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  5. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    lol that's so true. They really ruined it with that one. It was so boring~