TV (Spoiler) The Downfall of The Walking Dead Tv Shows

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by Ram5, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Ram5

Ram5 [Noodle Stealer]

Reading List:
    Link
    Alright this is going to be another daily rant of me for one of these days, hmm, so where will I start, ah yes let's start from introduction first.

The Walking Dead was a serial TV Show Based on the comic book series written by Robert Kirkman, this gritty drama portrays life in the months and years that follow a zombie apocalypse. Led by former police officer Rick Grimes, his family and a group of other survivors find themselves constantly on the move in search of a safe and secure home. But the pressure each day to stay alive sends many in the group to the deepest depths of human cruelty, and Rick discovers that the overwhelming fear of the survivors can be more deadly than the zombies walking among them. source: google.

Despite the show rating which was breaking through the roof, it still developed a hate and love relationship with its fans, especially when the show started to deviate much from its origin source, (both from plot and characters), the most unforgivable thing they did is killing off Carl which is Rick's son (he still alive in the source and had a potential to be the main character, replacing his father role) and now we heard a news or at least a rumour that the main lead of show itself will leave, some people said it's already confirmed, some said it's still a rumour, the point is, he would be leaving and what would become of shows was still unclear.

the beginning of downfall.
    now let's start talking about what makes this great shows begun to fall from the cliff, need to remind you that this is pure my thought so it still open for debate.

1. They not killing shane quick enough

While we love Jon Berthal way of expressing Shane character, the shane itself was not receiving a lot of love because how he was aggressive and too ruthless, but surprisingly still likeable compared to his counterpart in comic, the reason was because the character was not live long enough for the reader to like him. Maybe when rick beat him and carl shot him, every reader would think 'serve him right'. Shane may portrait as Rick's BF but he turned betraying him by F his wife and thought he could be a better father for carl, in the tv show, Shane dilemma was portrayed more heartfelt, clearly his friendship with Rick was strong enough to make him pulled back the rifle he aim at Rick, showing how he's not ruthless enough to kill him for his own self benefit. But things doesn't get better after finally, at the season 2 finale, Rick finished him off. But everything was too late, some people already took a liking for him (thanks to jon berthal acting performance) and didn't hesitate to argue which one who should live, Rick or Shane, and you wouldn't believe how hot they argued. While shane was too late to die, in my opinion, the producer actually should be still can make fans generate a lot enough hate for shane by doing several option below:
    1. Shane killing dale.
    ooh, little old dale, who didn't know him, the voice of reason of Rick group even when they started abandoning humanity, dale insist and stay true to himself even this behavior lead him to his death. Sadly, the producer was not smart enough to use this chance to make Shane do the deed instead a walker. Shane had every reason to kill him because not only they always at each others throat, dale was caught him tried to kill rick and he suspected Shane for killing ottis, which was true. If Shane was to be killed dale, fans would truly see how shane really become threat for rick's group and they would agree that shane must die soon.
    2. Shane rape Lori
    meh, pretty self explanatory, no one like rape, and no one would favor a leader who dare to rape (this is not wuxia/xianxia)
    3. Shane not killing dale but let him die
    this would be truly epic and impact shane fans in gruesome way, while dale was struggle against walker grasped, shane could still be able to save him but decided not too, because obvious reason.
    well that's my rant part 1, I want to know what you guys thought first

2. Estarossa

Estarossa 《Master of Dessert》°Resurrected Ghoul°

Reading List:
    Link
    As long as Daryl is alive, im good.

For others, Negan keeps the show alive.

3. Popocaptel

Popocaptel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Daryl is the biggest problem of the show

4. crisapx

crisapx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't remember Shane raping Lori, I remember it being pretty much consensual.
    Also most of these "problems" you have are season 1 stuff, when the show was pretty popular.
    The downfall to me seems to have started around season 4/5, which was when I stopped watching...

5. Ram5

Ram5 [Noodle Stealer]

Reading List:
    Link
    there were indeed no scene Shane raping Lori, at most, only rape attemption, (season 1 episode 6, IIRC) what I say in the above is the possibility choice if the producer in past was smarter to make TWD fans hate shane, also my rant doesn't separated season by season, I just make them subject by subject.