Discussion Star wars battlefront:II

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by infinit3aura, Nov 13, 2017.

1. zamornews

zamornews Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    dude, they changed it. also 40 hours was to get enough points(60k) unlock Dark Vader not any hero(i believe and hope). they changed it to 15k now for Vader. they lowered it by 75%. the change is also already live

infinit3aura likes this.
  2. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I learned about it this morning at 171k, now it's over 500k... Goddamn.

3. CyberCypher

CyberCypher Air Breather

Reading List:
    Link
    That is just a band-aid to the main problem. The problem is this- you paid for a full game (a AAA game at that) and as such you would expect to be able to play the characters (especially as that character was in the marketed in the trailer). There would have been no problem if the game was free to play but it is not. The second is that it is behind a loot box as in there is a randomness to it. you may or may not get it there is no "sense of accomplishment" as the support had said for it is completely random. it would make sense if you had to do this number of kills with a lightsaber or played this much or even login in for consecutive days. that is a sense of accomplishment and there is a guarantee . third you can buy it with real money if you dont want to grind. again this model would make sense with a free to play game as the company has to make money somehow. entering your credit card number cheapens " the sense of accomplishment" if that is what they were aiming for.
    An anology of this if you bought marvel vs capcom but the all the characters under marvel had to be unlocked one by one through loot boxes which would take you 10 hours at least or you could pay the price of a tenth of the game to unlock the characters each

4. Galison

Galison Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly I already wasn't planning to get this after the shit show the first one seriously I paid 60 for was was a bare min game and the dlc didn't make matters any better. So this over all just gives me more reason not to buy it nor any other ea games since i see nothing from them worth my money.

5. Flade

Flade Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can sort of see where they're coming from though. Prices have been adjusted for inflation in pretty much every industry except the games industry. Games were priced $60 in the 2000s and are still at that price yet the development costs have been skyrocketing to create these modern day triple A games. Even movie tickets have seen about a 25% increase over the past 10 years (~$6->~$9). It's understandable that they need to find a way to generate more income if they don't want to raise the initial purchase cost. What they shouldn't have done is hide the fact that they want to earn money behind such a pretentious reason such as "pride and accomplishment".

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  6. zamornews

zamornews Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    having the option to buy them with actual money was not really a cool move on their part.
    but having the heroes locked behind experience wall is not a big deal. alot of games currently have that model. Overwatch have their legendary skin cost around 1000 coins which you might not even get after 20h+ hours since you can only get coins from loots and duplicates. unless the loot boxes really likes you.

Star-Wars (heroes locked behind experience points)
    Overwatch (heroes skins locked behind experience points)
    Destiny (Weapons locked behind experience points)

people arent mad because they put heroes behind experience wall, they were mad because it would take way too long to unlocked everything since they were so expensive and that people could just use real money to get them faster.
    all of those games require 10+ hours to start unlocking anything good.
    also im pretty sure you need to get a specific amounts of battle points(kills, captures, etc.) to actually play him(8k for Vader, 6k for Yoda, etc.) in game.

ps: Vador and Luke are the most expensive ones at 15k, the cheapest is only 5k to buy.

i dont see any issue with that and i dont think anyone expected the heroes to be free either.

7. DJK13

DJK13 [NUF's DJ][Ruler of Nightmares] [Keeper of Dreams]

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, if you look into it (or watch videos on youtube like Tarmack (?) ), you'd see that it's not the development cost that's going up, but overall cost because of much higher, targeted advertising. And instead of releasing a bunch of games every year and hoping one of them sticks, they've pretty much eased up to about 1/2 every year, and mostly franchises which they know they are getting money back in.... and this is before we get into the aspect of micro-transactions. The fact that the game has to be bought just for its skeleton structure and not the full game is the issue here. It would be understandable if there were multiple purchase options (full game with everything unlocked, free to play but pay to unlock, or free to play with purchase earned through playtime) would be reasonable, but this is like going to a regular restaurant and having to pay for the opportunity to sit in it before even ordering anything.

PS: It's now 592k.... I think they might break 1 million in under 24 hours.

infinit3aura likes this.
  8. Sangnz

Sangnz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

The cost of making games line is pure BS, the most recent CoD game raked in more in its first day of release than both Thor and Wonder Woman did in their opening weekends combined, the big games rake in millions in profit, the ever increasing cost of game development is justs a smoke screen to hide the fact that games sell substantially more these days, it's all a BS excuse to add more and more ways to make money above and beyond the box sales.

Think about it if CoD sells 2 million in its first week (that's low balling it) in its first week that is $120 million not counting the people who bought the super mega ultra edition + season pass. Notice how none of the big publishers ever release numbers, it's because if they did we would all know exactly how much they are making and it would be obvious how much bs they are spouting regarding needing new ways of monetization.

[Edit] the actual estimated numbers for CoD WW2 is around $500 million
    https://www.vg247.com/2017/11/08/ca...s-500-million-worldwide-over-release-weekend/

infinit3aura likes this.
  9. LordCorwin

LordCorwin Supreme Book Lord; Leader of the Fiction Faction

Reading List:
    Link
  10. OriginalChaser

OriginalChaser Dying as a Human

Reading List:
    Link

His reference makes me cringe as a guy...

11. AMissingLinguist

AMissingLinguist [Not Here][Blank Sect][Nuffian #N]

Reading List:
    Link
    infinit3aura likes this.