Movie Star Wars II plot hole

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by Jojo775, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm rewatching the prequel trilogy again and again I'm suprised how much of a bratty^3 edgelord^2 Anakin is.
    Childishness and anger are screaming from him the entire time, how the fuck did the nice and mature Padme fall for him(and what's with his cringy cheesy lines and expecting to kiss her or whatever after throwing a tantrum, yeah that's really manly and romantic), or any of the Jedi not notice how he is basically half-Sith the entire time. Obi just tells him chill, you are arrogant and ignores that Anakin obviously didn't listen to him nor did he learn anything.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    Darkanlan and Sleepy Z like this.
  2. Vudoodude

Vudoodude Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "He's just going through a phase" "Boys will be boys"

Cite, Xravia, SirPinha and 2 others like this.
  3. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    That's not a plothole. Darth Jar Jar is a plothole

Suijin, Darkanlan, Zerak and 8 others like this.
  4. Sleepy Z

Sleepy Z Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, first Star Wars he was a clever/brave kid, then in the second he went straight into a childish punk b*tch with entirely too much teen angst. Not really a plot hole, but it made me dislike the movie all the same.

Darkanlan and Jojo775 like this.
  5. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    With too much anger and arrogance, I mean it's one thing if you're a rich spoiled brat with non authorative parents, but he is supposed to be calm as a monk and have a cool uncle to listen to. I think Obi was blind as a bat, even more than the council.
    Where? I didn't watch the last movie and I regret watching the VII even though I expected it to be milking the old cow....just sad.

6. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Right. I can't believe they clearly set him up for this and then dropped his character because fans didn't like his goofy antics -- which I also can't believe, honestly, because his goofy antics are great. What the fuck, people.

7. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    While he might sometimes stray a bit more into gray or dark side, he never really goes and does something truly dark until killing the sand people village who were responsible for the death of his mother.

Death of loved ones is very commonly a feature that relates to anger, and anger leads to the dark side.
    And the threat of death of loved ones was what eventually turned him.

He was promised power, a way to save his only remaining family, a way to make up for 'lost time' when he wasn't a Master and all that, with very convincing words.

If Palpatine hadn't been Sith, sure not so much of the prequels would've happened, but let's just say IF he hadn't been. Anakin might never have become a Sith as well. He might not necessarily be as convinced in the light, but he might not necessarily ever have fully 'fallen' either.

8. Darkwood

Darkwood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The force follows the principles of yin and yang impressively closely. Which is why there is usually 1 very powerful person in the force on either side. Problem is there wasn't an opposite equal for snaking so he kinda got the shitty deal and was strong in both.

What is noticeable with the Sith is their emotional instability. This clearly manifests on Anakin.

asriu, SirPinha and Nyarlathotep like this.
  9. Kuroguma

Kuroguma [Cyber Lich] [Aspie] [SOX][Forgotten Perv]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yoda said no to training him as jedi at least, I think rest of the council as well, so how can you say they didn't have some worries?

10. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    I think he is pretty dark even without Palp, like first when they got the bounty hounter who got darted before interrogation. Did you see that anger? And wtf Padme, she fell in love with him after all those teen tantrums and him telling her he killed barbaric women and children and that he's gonna be the most powerful mofo and raise the dead.

They were told off by Qui Gon who was their subordinate, like is he even allowed to do that? The council has decided no Jedi training, QG: I'll train him, council : ok. After that they didn't even check up on him. Palp is also pretty obvious, maybe not as Sith, but suspicious AF nontheless and the council was blind to it.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  11. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    The Tag and Bink version of Star Wars is my favorite version of Star Wars. It should be canon.

12. Darquesse

Darquesse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed, he wasn't my favourite character, but he didn't deserve the shit people gave him. He wasn't THAT bad.

13. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep The laziest and the King of Procrastination

Reading List:
    Link
    I just sent this to a friend lol FB_IMG_1519670766178.jpg

ElTorroLoco, SirPinha and Jojo775 like this.
  14. Guyver

Guyver Bio-Booster Armor

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Anakin came off much better in the Clone Wars TV series he was much too annoying in the Movies.

The only thing worth watching in the prequels was Jar Jar

ElTorroLoco and SirPinha like this.
  15. Salokin

Salokin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Waves hand, "There was only episodes IV,V, and VI. No other movies were made."

AliceShiki, TamaSaga and Jojo775 like this.
  16. waleuska

waleuska Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Those were awful movies as well.

17. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you ever heard that women are attracted to men with problems so that they could fix them? Sure Anakin had his up and downs but there had to be good times with her as well. I pretty sure in that sequence of them hiding away on her home planet there were scenes of them rolling around in the grass together. What she saw in him was an emotional man with some problems but someone she could fix. And I also want you all to think of repressed childhoods. When someone is forced to grow up/mature quickly that person will use have repressed emotions later on in life so I think that some of Anakin's tantrums later in life can be partly explained from that.

Jojo775 likes this.
  18. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw that on FB recently I think, I didn't get it, now I do XD
    I have problems, so where is the lady to fix them?

19. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    Become the bodyguard to a sheltered princess who probably as little one on one contact with men and then go to a place where it is only the two of you. They were pushed together during the movies.

20. Kronos

Kronos Mum's SwagYeti

Reading List:
    Link
    The series is a plot hole. It's bad :)