Starting a Shared world

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by Getbackols, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Getbackols

Getbackols Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am interested in starting a shared world with these guidelines:
    In this world their is a piece treaty between the heroes, villains and the government. The governments main job will be to minimize the damage, but they will not just be a "clean-up crew". Those who are apart of either guild will not be judged by a court of law, but by their respective guild. Those that act with out being apart of the guild will be subjected to normal law, and may attract the hostility of one or both guilds and the government may make an appeal to one or both guilds.

Villains guild (Untitled as of now)
    The hierarchy: henchmen-senior henchman-right-hand man-super villain-senior super villain- either councilman or elite super villain
    The following are the standards, but they do not need to follow to the t
    Requirements: Henchmen- apply and complete the mandatory 1 month boot camp
    Senior Henchman- on the job 1-2 years
    Right-hand man- 1-3 years as a senior henchman
    Super villain- 1-3 years as a right-hand man
    Senior Super villain- 5 years
    Elite Super villain- be rated as a level 8 or higher
    Councilman- be rated as a level 8 or higher and be voted in also while as a councilman they cannot partake in assignments higher then level 7
    Ratings: The council determines the level and the levels rang from 1-10
    A super villain can only get as high as level 5, also not all super villains start as level 1, some can begin as high as level 5. Once one becomes a senior villain they can become a higher level.
    Henchmen are under the control of super villains and up, normally they are randomly assigned a super villain, but a super villain can request a henchmen and if more then one tries to attain said henchmen the one with more seniority will attain them. Also the higher ranked a super villain is the more henchmen they are allowed to have but they do not need to have any.

The council is made up of 13 individuals: The Suit, General Pain and the 11 others to be named later.

Superheros Guild (Unnamed)
    Requirements
    Trainee- Superpower or college degree
    Support- 1-3 years as a trainee but not picked up by a hero
    Sidekick- 1-3 years as Trainee and chosen by a hero
    Hero- 1-3 years as a sidekick
    Senior Hero- 5 years as a hero
    Councilmen- Selected from senior heroes
    Ranking system same as villains, but they do not have elite superheros
    Sidekicks: A hero can have 1-3 sidekicks, but are not required.
    The council is made up of 7 individuals: The Patriot and 6 others to be named later.

The Government(Unnamed Agency)
    Led by (Unnamed Individual)

Team ups- Heroes are allowed to form a group up to 5 and that group can stay together as long as they like. But once one becomes a senior hero, they cannot form a group unless an emergency. As for villain, they can only team up if they are facing a hero group and can only be made up of villains with a corresponding level and their number cannot exceed the hero group.
    Rules for the story:
    Cannot make major story line without consulting the others involved.
    Cannot change/kill a councilman without consulting the others involved.
    Cannot write a councilmen differently then what is agreed upon
    If you are interested let me know and see what we can do.

rav1980 and passingthunder like this.
  2. Darkaeluz

Darkaeluz 『Whosays25 Onii-chan』, 『He who gave up on Love』

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you thought about the shared world laws? (physical ones) like, if there's going to be magic, superpowers, advanced science knowledge, and mixes between them, then you should establish some basic rules to it, or it could go out of control with overpowered stories that cannot merge well

3. rav1980

rav1980 Random Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds like Boku no Hero Academy. Hope you write it.

4. Jarrow

Jarrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Time served, rather than jobs accomplished or value earned/saved?
    Also . . .
    Apologies, but you need a much bigger bible.

5. jgfenix

jgfenix Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So the government cannot judge criminals from the villains guild and what they do is legal? This resembles a world ruled by megacorporations.

6. Getbackols

Getbackols Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would like to incorporate those ideas, but the main idea is what I outlined and for others to go in their own direction, such as you have stated.

7. elairz

elairz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so what you actually want is finding a few writer that would write a story of their own based on your world. well, interesting concept.

8. Getbackols

Getbackols Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What the villains do is not legal, just it is beyond the governments control

9. Dragn555

Dragn555 Writer of Unnecessary Essays

Reading List:
    Link
    Umm... I don't think the villain treaty would really make sense. I mean, they aren't really villains if they cooperate with the heroes and the government, right?

Maybe you could have a historical event where the largest villain faction was able to conquer a portion of the world or something. That way that faction can be like an unstable nation that suffers from civil wars, forcing the leading members to seek help from the heroes and government. (This is a rough idea)

The ranking system is sort of broken as well. The person that people are under would impact things too much. You could be under a person who barely does anything and rank up just like a guy who's gone through harsh trials Also, due to being below someone before ranking up, various insidious plots could be implemented to easily control an entire rank. The system is too easily abused.

The government is also basically powerless in this situation unless they are given some special rights. Which in a world of heroes and villains, those special rights most certainly will not be given. The government would be reduced to a janitor that would only serve to clean up after others and take on the public's complaints. If they try to increase power, they'll just be knocked down by the heroes faction from within.

I'm no great expert, but at a glance the basic premise has too many weak points. Though maybe I'm wrong about some of the stuff I've written, the premise still obviously needs improvement/more planning.

10. fairbouy

fairbouy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    seems interesting but when i first saw the title i thought someone made a mine craft server for novel updates so people could make fan art and maybe buildings based on stuff from novels dont know why that is my first thought

11. Getbackols

Getbackols Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am talking with someone on board with my idea and he suggested we use the reasoning the treaty is for avoiding mutual destruction, the ranking system needs to be tweaked and I am open to suggestions and the government is suppose to be doing things behind the scene but how they do things is up in the air at the moment

12. passingthunder

passingthunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To expand on the mutual destruction idea the reason is that the government can't get involved because all out war between the factions would cause untold damage to the world and ordinary citizens. The super villains have access to incredibly powerful nuclear arms/super powers making it so that if war ever breaks out it will be a lose-lose situation.In exchange, any "law breaking" on behalf of the super villains is stopped by the super heroes on a crime by crime basis. Meaning super heroes can only stop a crime as it is happening or considered 'ongoing', such as long term plans to build a super death ray or some such.

13. BlueBrute

BlueBrute Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think <merit> would work better than time for promotions.
    EDIT: it would be also nice to have an outside threat to justify why those guilds don't just openly destroy themselves, rather than just the government -which became fundamental for survival.

I don't think it's really a problem. You kinda can look as liberal/consertative or left-wing/right-wing antagonism. The villains can defend ideologies like: chaos is the natural state of the Universe; following by the idea that things must have the least amount of energy and plenty of freedom. As for the superhero, could be something like: there's justice in harmony/equilibrium. With opposite practical tendencies.
    EDIT: also, with this, the hierarchic of which guild would differ.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016