LCD Stellar War Storm

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Apr 15, 2016.

1. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 261: okay I saw something like this coming but isn’t this too quick? It was obvious that Lear got the fatty to join another team to mess with them. But I thought it would be a slow thing throughout the training. What’s the writer doing suddenly eliminating all the other leader candidates and then picking mc and Lear to compete. That’s just stupid. From nothing to boom. Wang Zheng is now in position to show everyone that he’s the right person to lead them all.

Obv people are gna rush to follow Lear now. How many people will follow WZ?

2. raptorcsy

raptorcsy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Hi, im currently reading at the start of the IG games, where they are just going to join. Can you estimate around what chapter does the IG games end? Did it end already?
    Sorry for the bother, and thanks

3. akki

Reading List:
    Link
    It hasn’t even started yet. Right now they’re only on the second stage of the training part. At the end they’ll decide the leader and select the team I think. Then they’ll go to Aslan for the official competition. No idea when the training or the actual games will end.

4. raptorcsy

Reading List:
    Link
    Owwww thanks!!
    Huhuhuhu what a long training/selecting arc :((((((((((((((((((((
    I just want to see WZ beat the hell out of that f***kin Lear!
    I hate him sooooo much!
    The other 4 heavenly kings are indeed also very arrogant but Lear is so underhanded that i hate him :(((((((((
    MRRRGGRRRGGGGRRRRRRR
    I hope to get to see it sooon!

5. akki

Reading List:
    Link
    They do the first stage of the training and then there’s a break in between. The second stage started in the last 10-15 chapters. After this stage ends they’ll probably take another break before they go to Aslan.

6. raptorcsy

Reading List:
    Link
    Oww thanks!! Im excited to binge read it!!
    Btw, does that mean this second selection there would only be two stages? Not like the first selection with the 3 stages the zerg, running, and space orientation?
    Also will they finalize the captain position (the most highest that will lead them to the IG games)?

P.S. Thanks for noticing and replying to this lowly reader, i really appreciate it! Hehe :)))
    Cuz on other threads usually im ignored haha :( sad

7. akki

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah in this second stage there should be more parts. They’ve tested them on two things already and they’re gna do another. After that there should be more I think.

And you’re welcome~

raptorcsy likes this.
  8. akki

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 268: and there goes Atos with his temper again. Fucking hell man did he not learn from last time? Will this cause problems for Achilles again? Will they kick out Atos if he causes another incident?

And will Zhang Shan get involved or will Wang Zheng rein him in?

9. akki

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 271: so they wanna challenge Wang Zheng with mechas.....I wish after he beats the shit out of them he says oh btw I’m Skeleyon~

As for the battles itself I have 3 words to say Wang Zheng~ please cripple Atos!

10. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    C60: "Oh yes, I heard that Student Yue Jing was his friend from middle school." Is he an idiot? Or is he just trying to make things hard for her?

I hope he's not literally asking her to seduce the MC. That's not at all okay.

C63: Mecha weigh several tons and should have excellent sensory equipment. Moving silently should be basically impossible and attempting it, a complete waste of time.

Seriously? They're showing the audience a nearly blank screen? Why would the audience even bother sticking around for that?

C67: I wonder if everyone will think that Ares was playing the pig to eat the tiger after they see the MC's performance ;)

C68: I wonder why they didn't have him practicing his mecha control while the others were competing.

C70: I hope they're not going to try to place these college kids on the same level as the MC when the MC has already shown himself to be the equal of a veteran special ops mecha pilot. The gap between a special ops soldier and a normal soldier is even wider than the gap between a normal soldier and a military cadet. It'd be like pro athletes getting beaten by a college team. Yeah, it can (and has) happen, but only if the pros aren't taking the game seriously, and it was already made clear that the special ops guy was taking it seriously.

C71: Lear must be desperate if he thinks that the way to get his fiance interested in him is to date another woman in front of her.

C73: How did we suddenly transition from Aina asking for a kiss to Yue Jing making improper advances on the MC?

I wonder why Yue Jing didn't snap a picture of the MC and FL being lovey dovey. I'd think that she'd be super happy to give/sell it to the press and break the two of them up, even if she wasn't willing to use it to blackmail him.

C74: If he's serious about chasing her, it might be better to transfer to a school in Aslan and distinguish himself there. Anything he accomplishes as an Earth soldier is likely to be disregarded or degraded due to the low reputation of Earth, and even if he became the ruler of Earth, it might still not be good enough to be able to marry her.

C75: I wonder if he'll design a new rifle for his mecha based on this ricochet thing, and if so, how he'll get CT to let him use it.

C76: He really should ask about the duration of the training. If the new owners of his house show up and find him in a coma, it's going to cause him no end of trouble.

C81: I wonder who's protecting him from being tracked down through CT, Old Merchant, Aina, Solon, or himself. I think it was mentioned before, but I honestly don't recall.

C82: Kashawan should know that the MC is Skeleton right? As I recall Huiyin knew, so there's no reason for Kashawan to not know. That being the case, and her being a meticulous person, she should also know that he's capable of performing the Arced Shot. Given the abnormally high reverence people have for mecha piloting skills, that alone should elevate him to the level of someone who might be worthy of Aina in the future. Well, unless the author was exaggerating when he said that there were only ten or so people in the universe that could use that skill.

C84: How is the MC supposed to become the new founding emperor of the Rand Empire if he doesn't know how to work with other people and hates being in the limelight?

C86: If a roller coaster makes him dizzy, then how is he supposed to survive a mecha battle?

In what way was he tortured for the whole day? He was barely put out at all and she wasn't the least bit demanding other than the bit with the batting cages. He's just being a selfish whiner-baby.

C87: "Such an adorable wolf, I would like to own one." It's hard to see how he can fail to understand the double meaning in his words.

Who the heck would spend five million to have two college kids roughed up? A few hundred would be more than enough for average thugs.

Why didn't he just ask for the intermediary's name and location? Even if these idiots don't know who hired them, the intermediary might.

"When Wang Zheng gently embraced Ye Zisu from behind" Did he give up on Aina? Or is he aiming for the harem ending? 'Cause there's nothing about hugging a girl from behind that says "friendship."

C89: Why would they need a specific mecha for females?

"This model was light, which allowed for swift and flexible actions, especially suited for petite, female warriors." Swift and flexible actions are far more demanding on the pilot's physical endurance and capabilities than just about any other combat style. If the author wants to claim that the mecha was chosen based on the frailty of female pilots, then it should be the tankiest, slowest, least maneuverable beast of a mecha out there.

C90: He also has no knowledge of, or patience for, business negotiations? Seriously, wtf is he planning to do as emperor? The emperor can't spend all of his time on the battlefield. Heck, he won't even make it to the battlefield due to his inability to lead people or arrange for the well-being of them and their families. It'd be shocking if he could get even one person to willingly follow him into battle that was of similar caliber to himself. Honestly speaking, the ability to fight as an individual is the least important ability for an emperor to have. One that they can easily do without, as Aina has shown. She has basically no capability as a fighter, but every praises her as an ideal future queen of Aslan.

C96: I've been wondering this for a while now, but if he wants to found his own empire, then isn't it a fairly stupid idea to give away this formula to his future rivals? This formula, in the right hands, would be more than enough to militarily dominate a much larger force. It's honestly his best bet for founding a new empire. Giving it away only makes sense if he wants to marry Aina and try to steal her throne.

Also, if he becomes the father of teleportation, will any sane military commander even let him near a battlefield? How is he supposed to build up a militaristic reputation if he's not allowed to fight outside of video games and heavily regulated competitions? What then is even the point of him learning to pilot mecha? He'd have significantly better luck if he'd taken the command specialization since they don't necessarily have to be at the battle in order to participate in it, but as it is, even if he joined the military, and they gave him a mecha to keep him happy, they'd never assign him to anywhere where fighting might actually occur, regardless of how good of pilot he is. No single pilot is worth as much as a genius scientist that can break the established rules of reality.

C98: 8+3+24*2+51=100? Does this author not know math or is this a translation error?

I wonder why Marcus doesn't get more of a share than the random peons.

Also wondering why the college doesn't get a cut. Normally, anything a teacher develops using campus funds will belong in whole or in part to the college. Considering how much money is involved here, it's difficult to believe that the campus would be willing to forgo it's cut.

C99: He just came from super intense training right? Why wouldn't he take a shower? Did he want everyone at the reunion to be able to smell him before they could see him?

C100: "Don't worry, leave it to me. I was just thinking of inviting investments!" Didn't it say last chapter that his father's company was refusing to sell any of it's shares? What does he plan to offer these potential investors if not a stake in the company or the project?

C101: The author sure is working hard to build up Lear's image as a worthless scumbag. I just can't see how he could be a worthy rival for the MC without obscene levels of Deus Ex Machina though. If he can manage it, then the MC's cheat is meaningless and there should be thousands of people as good or better than him in the Milky Way. After all, Lear is only a big fish in his very small, very backward pond.

C102: Why would changing the angle of attack on the paper matter? Unless there's something behind it to keep it from moving, the direction shouldn't matter in the slightest. It's not like the properties of paper vary over extremely short distances on the vertical plane.

If Aina is just now turning 16, then does that mean that everyone is actually in high school and not college? If not, then isn't she a bit too young for the MC to be dating her?

C104: "They are undefeated even amongst pros!" They have an 80% win ratio. By definition, they aren't undefeated.

C108: Honestly, I would have preferred it if he'd just tossed his enemies' corpses into the mine field and used them to set off the mines and make a path for himself and his friend. Of course, three corpses wouldn't be enough, so random rocks and gunfire would also be needed, but at least it would be within the realm of believablity and would also display his creativity.

That said, since they just need to destroy the fortress, couldn't they just snipe it from outside the minefield?

C109: Since Rainbow is old enough to be a veteran of SWAT, doesn't that make him old enough to be Bubbly's father?

C111: Who would be willing to take her father's place in his company after Lear tried to turn her into a prostitute and threw the father under the bus when she failed to become one? Heck, even the other people in the company that aren't related to him should have lost any sense of loyalty they had towards the company. A company like that, especially run by people like that, would not lack for enemies that would happily recruit disloyal employees as spies and saboteurs. The damage this will do to the company is absolutely not worth whatever petty gain he might get from punishing Yue Jing and her family for her failure in his pathetic machinations against his fiance. If I were that butler of his, I'd be reporting this incident to his parents/guardian and apologizing for failing to teach him the basics of common sense for leaders.

C112: I thought Rainbow was a member of SWAT? The holidays are an extremely busy time for the police. Why is he so free?

C114: What an inauspicious name. I wonder if the author knows that King Lear is a tragedy.

C117: Why the heck would you need high strength to operate a heavy mech? They're pilots. They don't need to lift the machines with their physical strength. That's what the engines are for.

C118: He didn't eat the table...

That aside, why were they even picking on her for her appearance in the first place if they like muscular women?

C119: "Lear had never felt that a woman would be able to obstruct his path to conquest" Now I really want her to be the one to take him down rather than the MC.

C123: "Every cave had a Queen Zerg." Really? I thought there was only one for the whole island? Isn't this a little too easy then? Anyone who finds one or two people that they trust enough to fight alongside them could find a queen to kill without much effort. Honestly, the finding people you could trust part would be a hundred times harder than actually finding and killing the queen.

If that was a queen he killed, then why isn't the test over? Or was that earlier quote a mistranslation?

Why are the generals okay with this? Didn't they want people with good characters? People who turn on their own in a situation like that aren't good people at all, and are unlikely to be good commanders.

C124: "The eight of us must kill a Queen Zerg each before we can be considered to have passed" Wasn't the whole thing supposed to be over once the queen died? Is this all on a timer instead and I misunderstood the rules?

I really wish the author would stop bringing up gender.

C125: If she shrank, then how did her clothes not fall off and trip her?

C126: I wonder what they've been doing about water. Fruit juice is unlikely to be enough on its own, and blood is too salty to be useful.

"Even the toughest women would not be able to resist the most persistent men." This is a poisonous mentality that leads to stalking and sever mental problems for everyone involved.

C140: lol. I thought he'd only agreed to eat one of them?

C141: Wasn't the training/test meant to end after the queen died? Why were they all left on the island?

C145: "It was the second lap for Taros." If it was Fatty's second time reaching the water, and he reached it before Taros, then wouldn't that mean that he was running faster than Taros? Why then is Taros referring to him as Trash? And why is it being said that Fatty is in last place?

C146: "The servants of house Chronos valued loyalty above all." If that were true, then they'd never willingly serve Lear. He has no sense of loyalty at all. Loyalty requires reciprocation to have any hope of lasting. Well, unless your insane.

C147: Taros is an idiot.

C151: I wonder why space wasn't included in Bonehead's training.

C152: If there were 66 participants, and nine didn't make it out of the room, then how are there 60 participants left? Is the author just rounding or what?

C153: "he would definitely lose the infamous title of the Mountain Maiden!" He clearly doesn't understand the military. A nickname like that, once obtained, will never be lost or forgotten ;)

C154: " untested amateur." In what way is the MC untested? Or an amateur for that matter? He makes millions from playing the game. By definition, that makes him a pro.

lol. I was wondering how he'd ever get to use a different mech. Choosing to do so himself would have made it look like he was afraid after all. It's just too bad that this almost certainly won't lead to him using stronger mechs. It's far more likely that he'll kick the guy's a** so badly that no one even bothers to do something like this in the future.

C156: Why didn't Simon just attack him from behind? The MC's mobility was utter sh*t, so it's not like he'd be able to turn fast enough to block effectively. I get wanting to make things moderately fair, but that kinda flew out the window when he banned the War God 1.

C157: I wonder if this will lead to OMG breaking into the intragalactic market or not.

C158: Ah, so the MC doesn't just have to beat Li Er repeatedly, but will also need to annihilate his whole family in order to seek justice for his own.

C159: "one and only Li Er Cronos!" Why does he have two surnames? And why are they placed on either side of his personal name?

C160: "It could be said that one's speed when travelling through it approached the speed of light" If it only approaches the speed of light, then how are they going to make the round trip in less than 4.4 centuries? Or does the author not know what 220 light-years means?

C161: I really, really wish the author would stop bringing up gender.

C164: Ah, so not only is the Rand Empire not from another reality, but it was actually founded by the people that destroyed his family and erased them from history. Hopefully Bonehead won't suddenly want to side with Li Er in the future.

C165: lol. I thought he'd never use the Hercules again. I wonder if it actually will help his friend's company again though.

C168: If the opponent is using a gun, then why does he keep insisting on getting close to the MC?

C170: "That dumb Chen Xiu, he truly did not appreciate things that were given to him." No, he's just not into incest.

C171: "She had a feeling that in the future, both the Hercules and the Wargod No. 1 would be banned from usage." lol. In that case, her family should just gift him a full set of OMG mechas in CT ;)

I was thinking this was going to be a fairly short trip, but if it's actually going to be a month or so round trip, then why aren't they worried about missing the IG selections? Or, to put it another way, why would there be such a massive gap inbetween selection stages when this is an annual event and there are still multiple more stages to go plus the travel time between solar systems to get to the future stage(s)? Honestly, with the lack of urgency they're showing, it'd make more sense for this to be bi- or even tri-annual, which would make no sense given the top prize.

C173: I wonder how many of these people he'll meet at the party. At bare minimum, it should be that Nicoise person's teacher, whom I'm assuming is Gail.

C174: "Not bad, Eunuch Zheng." I can't help but wonder if these are her true feelings given his total obliviousness to her interest in him ;)

I wonder why Xu Ying wasn't chosen for the IG competition. I could have sworn that Apollo got to send some people.

"Suddenly, I feel that dating you might not be that bad an idea." lol. I wonder if they really will start dating. It'll be super long distance during the school year, and even worse if he actually gets accepted into that college that the IG is an entrance exam for.

C176: The author is idolizing physics a bit too much. Yes, it's important and its contributions can alter the course of human history, but the same can be said for biology, chemistry (unless you count chemistry as a branch of physics), math (though indirectly), computer science, electrical engineering and a variety of other fields. It's not the undisputed ruler of all scientific accomplishments ever.

C178: Why aren't they worried about being seen? Even if paparazzi couldn't get onto the station, the spies of other countries definitely could, and I'd be shocked if Aslan didn't have any enemies that would rejoice at the chance to embarrass them.

How is him getting into an Aslanian college based on his own abilities and/or her recommendation damaging to his honor? I would think that the way that he got into Ares was basically the same. If he's really serious about getting the best possible education and opportunities, he should absolutely transfer to Aslan, provided that they're willing to let him dual major.

C179: Just how small is this campus that two people can clean the entire thing in a reasonable amount of time?

C180: Seriously, there's no reason for anyone to be loyal to that guy. Fear maybe, but loyalty? No reason at all.

It occurs to me that these people don't actually work in this city, and they didn't come for this award ceremony, so what were they all doing in that coffee house? Traveling to the capital isn't easy, cheap or fast, and they all have much better things to be doing.

C182: I wonder if anyone will dare to speak about anything important in front of that idiot ever again? Also curious how much damage this incident will do to his students' reputations and prospects.

C183: This close to the Nobel Prize being awarded, I wouldn't think they could still qualify for it. Next year's, sure, but it feels like it should be too late for the current year's, especially since it'll still needs to be verified and peer reviewed.

C184: Is she actually going to escort them all the way back to Earth? Isn't that a month long round trip? Her schedule should be packed. She doesn't have time for that.

C185: People keep saying that even though Aslan values talents, they wouldn't allow him to marry the princess, but isn't one of her official suitors Sword Magician Oz whose background is basically the same as the MC's? Plus, he doesn't even have the backing of a Nobel Prize that the MC is definitely going to get a piece of in a few months.

Ah, she was just taking them on a detour to Aslan.

Why is a man named Sarah?

C186: Why do they keep calling him Patriarch? He's not the head of the family, nor is he married to the head.

C188: "live water" Unless this means something different in the future, he should just leave at this point. No place that uses live water has what it takes to associate itself with fitness or health.

C191: Wtf would anyone reading this series care about three rich side characters blowing money on pointless things and racing each other for irrelevant reasons? Is the author just trying to kill time for no reason or what?

Why would her mother be against her marrying Yan Xiaosu? His company is worth quite a bit more than her family's, and it's stocks are skyrocketing due to its participation in what will be one of the most profitable business ventures in history. Her mom would be over the moon about it if she hadn't put it in the worst possible way when telling her about it.

C197: "I can only say that Skeleton finally has an energy shield." lol. But will he use it?

C200: lol. I figured he'd just say that the bet hadn't specified what he'd do. Never thought he'd have specially prepared an edible milk box ;)

C203: "Dong Xiao would be okay as he was a man, but the psychological impact must have been even greater for Milo." Seriously, wtf does that have to do with gender?

C211: I wonder how they're keeping their bullets from flying out into the city, destroying buildings and killing people.

I thought Zhang Shan was supposed to be smart? If I were the coach, I'd kick him off the team for being a blithering idiot and future pig teammate, Ability X or no.

That aside, I wonder if he can teleport his mecha too, and how far he'll be able to teleport it. If it's only a few cm, then it's basically useless 99.99% of the time.

C212: I wonder if this will lead to Lie Xin and her faction acknowledging the MC as their leader.

C213: I honestly don't see the point in spending so much on people who will, at best, wind up as military officers in a peaceful federation. And since they'll be basically useless unless deployed to the battlefield, and some of them are almost guaranteed to die in the first few battles, while the rest will have an extremely hard time being promoted away from the battlefield where all of their expertise and training lies, spending the same amount on drone swarms would likely have greater benefit in the long run.

C214: I really, really wish we wouldn't waste so much time on these extras. It's completely unnecessary and takes time away from characters that actually matter. Plus, it's so predictable that the whole mini-arc could have been covered in less than half a chapter and nothing would have been lost.

C218: Why would Bubbly Foam have to stop commentating just because she got married? She almost certainly makes several times what Rainbow does.

How are Super Xiu planning to be professional commentators and analysts while pursuing doctorates and careers in physics? It's not like either path is a small commitment.

C220: Couldn't Solon simply tell them that Skeleton refused as he felt they were too weak and lacking in originality? I mean, sure, that'd just make them run rampant even more, but there's no particular need to advertise their matches or arrange well known people as their opponents.

Why wasn't the MC worried about her seeing his memories? He has a lot more to hide than she does after all.

If they're just going to touch their palms together, then what's the point in stripping?

C224: "She was, after all, a girl." I wish the author would stop reveling in his own ignorance and lack of social experience.

C225: I wonder why he chose the same mech again. He has the entire mech library. Why not try something new?

C227: I'm mildly surprised that it took him this long to realize that she was a spy. Though, since she's Li Er's spy, I don't really get why he bothered. It would have been easier for him to just look at Solon's phone records than to waste time planting a spy. More reliable too. There's also the bank records for CT. They'd have had to have used local banks, which would almost certainly be under his family's control, so finding out where Skeleton's money was going shouldn't have been too difficult for them after so long.

"In which round was he not the main attacker?" In his first team match. It was clearly stated that Young Deer was surprised by the fact that the MC took the support role in the team.

C228: "Locke's Star was an exporter of mecha and did not produce any themselves." How do they export if they don't produce?

C232: lol. The MC has a real talent for inspiring pig teammates ;)

C233: Won't his teleportation technology make this mech completely obsolete almost instantaneously after it's revealed? Assuming it can be miniaturized into a mech of course.

C235: I seriously don't care about these side characters. Most, if not all, of them will be utterly unimportant after the second phase of IG testing. There's no point in wasting so much time on building them up.

C236: I wonder why it didn't occur to her that he might have gone through Xiao Fei. Their team is in a collaboration with CT that is worth trillions of dollars. A small favor like this would be nothing to them.

C237: lol. I wonder how Teacher's Assistant transformed into Guest Professor. Also curious how much they'll be paying him for teaching at the school.

C240: I wonder how he managed to faint without injuring himself. Most classrooms are filled to the brim with desks and chairs, and this one is also filled with people. Falling down without hitting at least one of the three would be extremely difficult, or more realistically, impossible.

"that had the world's best scientists." Is it the author that's saying "world" and not "galaxy" or is it just a poor translation? It's happened so many times by now that it's getting hard to ignore.

He should just respond to the haters by telling them the truth: It was a mech that Skeleton requested be added to the game. And then state that Skeleton would be demonstrating its use in his next match. Of course, he'd need to confirm with Skeleton first, but there's basically no chance that he'd refuse.

C243: She should at least have gotten the PR department to keep silent or, if nothing else, not make damaging statements. It'll hurt the company if they say it's a failed design only to have Skeleton prove them wrong.

C244: "a one-on-one battle with 99 bodyguards!" lol.

C248: "Did he kill me? Or did I kill myself?" lol. I thought he'd use the loophole of drinking a hundred cartons over a hundred days ;)

C249: I wonder why Li Er is so upset. It'd be quite easy for him to arrange for her to die. Even if he didn't feel like doing that, he could probably just arrange a hostile takeover in a number of different ways using excessive amounts of money and his family's deep political connections. Or, if that's too much trouble, he could fabricate a patent that she's violating and use lawyers to keep the mech from going to market until the company's stock prices crumble, and then buy them up at a cheap price. Honestly, he has tons of options.

I wonder if there'll be a Wind God in any of the pro teams in the upcoming season of CT. I doubt it'll be mentioned, but I'm curious. Also wondering which mecha of his they won't ban the next time he plays CT (assuming that he does). I doubt anyone will be willing to face his Wind God after that after all.

C252: If it's going to take two days of non-stop driving to get there, then why didn't they just wait for the plane in three days? The cost might have been slightly higher after including hotel costs, but they'd have spent far less time traveling and actually gotten to tour a city that sounds like it probably has quite a few attractions. One day more or less wouldn't make much difference. Well, unless the second phase was scheduled to start the day before the plane arrived, in which case, they should have left four days earlier and arrived in Gil a week ahead of time.

C253: If it's a military base, then how will they return their jeeps? I doubt there's a branch office of the rental agency there.

"Although Wang Zheng is pretty good, it is a shame that he is too jumpy." In what way is the MC jumpy?

Since there were seventy two participants, twelve slots, and five captains plus the MC, I figured he'd be nominated as a captain and the teams would be settled by dividing up the seventy two amongst them, but with Raston joining Lie Xin, that idea is out the window. I wonder how they'll go about eliminating people before announcing the prospective captains? Or will they form the teams into six teams of 12 and then let the winner restructure their teams as they please? Though, if they actually did that, it'd be a total betrayal of the team that let them win.

C254: Why are these pansies complaining so much? What did they think soldiering was? Did they think they'd be carried around in luxury yachts to each new battlefield? Or that they'd never need to go on patrol or do guard duty?

C256: Well, it looks like the MC's team will be Ares + Europa + four more. I'm currently betting on the last four being Lie Xin, Lie Guang, Raston and one other, possibly Fatty. I'm hoping it's not Fatty though. He'd definitely try to kill the MC.

C257: "we still have a few days more." Didn't they travel for three days before hitting the quicksand? Even if they hit the quicksand on the third day and not the fourth, they'd still only have two days left to reach their destination.

C258: I wonder if it really didn't occur to them that Taros was the one that planted the mine or if they're just pretending. If they're not pretending, then they're idiots.

Why aren't they all being watched and recorded? They're in the desert. Putting a geosynchronous satellite/ship above them should be easy, and enough for both activities thanks to the lack of cover.

C261: I suspected Qiu Si of being a Chronos plant when he chose to not mention the quicksand incident, but there's still a chance that he simply wasn't aware of it. I wonder if Meng Ao knows that his subordinate works for one of the competitors.

C262: "groups each held but 19 percent" So the earlier statement of 24% was a typo?

C263: I wonder if Aina will have to get involved. I'm kinda doubting it since the author is quite sexist and would be offended by the idea of their MC being rescued by a woman, but it'd honestly be extremely unrealistic for him to be able to resolve this on his own, and it doesn't seem like something that Old Merchant would bother to get involved in so long as the MC had a way of dealing with it on his own.

C264: If they dodged based on sound, then they wouldn't start moving until after they'd already been hit. Sniper rounds move faster than sound.

C265: Didn't everyone already know Zhang Shan's ability? Lie Xin was just mentally disparaging it earlier that day.

I really thought both snipers would target the MC. I guess Li Er still wants to pretend that this competition is fair.

C268: That's surprising. I thought Aina had been the one that sent the evaluation team.

It's like Atos can't learn from his mistakes. I wonder if his boss will set him straight this time. I kinda doubt it.

C269: Seriously. None of them learn from their mistakes. Do they really think that Li Er's puppet won't take this excuse to eliminate them from the competition? The Moon's general can't even save Achillies at this point thanks to Atos wasting his one revival card.

C270: "could only be a member but never a leader." Do none of these idiots study military history? It's been clearly stated on multiple occasions that Ability-X is extremely helpful, but definitely not required. Honestly, I wish the MC didn't have his supernatural powers at this point. It'd make crushing them more of a challenge, and thus more meaningful.

C273: Why would Zhang Shan need the pass? His results were excellent so far. Or does this pass guarantee his trip to Aslan so long as he and the MC don't get eliminated in future rounds? What happens then if the MC isn't chosen as the leader? If Zhang Shan loses his qualification at that point, then what was even the point in him choosing who gets the slot now? Does he get another slot to allocate if he gets chosen as leader again? If so, then how is the rest of the team decided? What's the point in Eight Stars if only two of them can be guaranteed to get in?

C274: I wonder why Skeleton has never done a space battle. Are there no space maps in CT?

Why would it be "against all expectations" for the people from the moon to give the best performance? They'd have the same advantages as the space city people in terms of closeness to a zero-G environment, but would also have the excessive wealth to allow them to actually use that environment for training with mechs. Also, this is all happening on the Moon, so they're almost certainly using the same mechs that they used during training. If they weren't the best performers right at the start, that would be both surprising and shameful.

akki likes this.
  11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    You'd think people would have more sympathy having gone through this themselves when they first learned to pilot space mecha, even if it wasn't as bad for them due to their inferior talent.

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    The author sure is milking this for all it's worth. I wonder what super impressive thing he's planning to have the MC do to pass that shooting test. Write his own name in bullets on each target?

That aside, didn't he spend a bunch of time in space inside the cube when he was learning the Five Elements thing? Why is it so new and difficult for him now?

akki likes this.
  13. Nyeko

Nyeko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah this space incompetence feels rather unnecessary and the gloating from the others gets old real fast.

juniorjawz and jacobpaige like this.
  14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Why doesn't Solon just warn the pros and popular amateurs so that they'll stay away from the challengers in the open world an immediately forfeit in the standard matches? He could even preemptively mute all the players from that region via "technical difficulties". There's no need to allow themselves to be humiliated, nor do they need Skeleton to protect themselves.

Failing that, he could always just contact his superiors and ask them to reign the guy in. His actions are likely to damage sales in one of the current most profitable regions, and to a lesser extent, several other regions with no discernible benefit for the company whatsoever. Companies as large as CT aren't likely to put up with such behavior.

Really? That's the excuse that the author's coming up with for why the MC isn't super overwhelmingly awesome? Saying I'm underwhelmed would be an understatement.

15. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Yet another example of how the author defining "awesome" different than the reader defines "awesome". Authors should not become infatuated towards his characters to the extent of overlooking his own bad writing. No matter how the author loves his own prose, and the characters he's created, his ultimate responsibility is to the reader. An author is given a chance by the reader to hold his or her interest by reading the author's novel, and the author has the responsibility to reward the interest with a compelling storyline. Bad writing has no excuse, just because the author thinks the MC is "awesome" doesn't mean the reader will agree.

16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    It's hard to like the parts with the princesses. They just don't feel like people. More like idealizations of the author's fantasies about women. I kinda wish he'd just drop the "epic" romance story. It's nonsensical, especially within the context of the story he's written, and is definitely one of the worst parts of the story.

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    What a boring chapter. I wonder how many times the author is going to recycle this plotline?

18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    It's pretty hard to believe that anyone targeting Earth due to the Wind God would be unfamiliar with Skeleton. Heck, it's hard to believe that any CT fan that's more than heard the name Wind God, or is familiar with Earth's sudden spike in fame, or even just watched the advertisements for this "promotional event", wouldn't be familiar with Skeleton.

He's had two f'ing music videos made about him by the most popular singer in the galaxy, he's got at least two battle videos that I can recall that are in the running for battle of the year, and he's the sole reason anyone gives a damn about this mech. And this is all before you consider that the people that they're humiliating would absolutely, beyond a shadow of a doubt have told them about Skeleton and how Skeleton was going to kick their asses and get revenge for all the Earth players.

I get that the author wants to make the MC seem more badass, and make the reader feel like they know something that the MC's opponents don't know by pretending that Skeleton is a nobody on the galactic stage or something, but at this point, it's just bad writing.

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if that company is going to have to start making their milk cartons edible now that he's encouraging others to eat them ;)

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "He didn't just want to beat his opponent up - he wanted to humiliate him!" Why hasn't this mentality already been beaten out of him by his trainers? Are they utterly incompetent?

What was the point in building up the CT fight if it's just going to be ignored? I mean, sure, it was boring, repetitive and utterly predictable, but that's no reason to not get it over with fast.