Discussion Stop bothering me emperor

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by SleepyTy, Nov 9, 2021.

Tags:
  1. SleepyTy

SleepyTy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I read I have amnesia don't be noisy(which I loved), and alot of people said stop bothering me emperor was also very good. But...I see quite a few people in the reviews say that the author is super racist/xenophobic towards Americans(I'm American btw), so like how bad is it?

I don't want to read a novel that insults me.

I rlly want to read this novel bc I heard it was rlly good but I'm not sure now. How bad is it?

2. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Bruh

Reading List:
    Link
    Not exactly sure how bad it is since people have different point of views, but it has quite a lot of stereotypes about people from other places besides China (though I think the author also pointed out some good things about America in the notes around chapter 81-83). If you can get over this then it’s not that bad of a novel.

3. Kurolo-Lite

Kurolo-Lite Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally I think because the mc is from historical times there is a higher likelihood of pro China views as that's how alot of the elder generation views are and they might not necessarily represent the authors views. The censorship in China is really harsh, and putting in words here and there praising China is something a lot of authors do.

When reading CN in general I tend skim over any Chinese nationalism. I don't know what your tolerance is, if your really sensitive to the topic then perhaps you should skip this one.

I like the novel and think it's cute and funny.