Discussion Stop reading a story because cliche plot line is Bad ?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ligoya, May 14, 2016.

?

Is this bad ?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    15.6%
  2. No

38 vote(s)
    84.4%
  1. lordsoul

lordsoul Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As long as your not one of those people who before you quit insist on leaving ruee comments to the author or translator it's definitely your right to choose.

2. tamsok

tamsok Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who cares what you do with what you read, nobody will judge you for it. And no, it is okay to drop it, unless you are a masochist then by all means, keep torturing yourself.

3. aridharma

aridharma Hikikomori NEET

Reading List:
    Link
    i drooped it because MC let 1 of young master whatever fire sect alive. (well i almost drop all CN)i hate inconsistent MC. 'this is not the MC i know' or 'be consistent and kill her'. this type of event that make my drop a series.

4. Enigma

Enigma Follower of Jesus, he's the only way

Reading List:
    Link
    If you can't stand to read the novel anymore because of that then I don't see anything wrong with dropping it.

5. yuan-niisan

yuan-niisan ★【Blank Sect's Dao Protector】☆

Reading List:
    Link
    Demon's Diary's Plotline also seemed to be cliched. But, i still enjoyed it despite that.

It's because the author's writing skill was superb, not like others where they mix the action and reaction which makes the action sloppy and lame.

6. Ligoya

Ligoya Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think "cliche" happen because we are just reading many novel that may or may not have the plot line. And because we already encountered with that same plot line, anything that have the same plot line in the new novel (that the author may or may not know) we will call it cliche. This is just because we are reading many story (I will not adding "too" in my sentence).

At least, this is my definition of Cliche, to me Reading many series are a Blessing and also a Curse (at least in a Novel world), we can't avoid it.

7. aridharma

aridharma Hikikomori NEET

Reading List:
    Link
    most of CN have have long chapter(>1000ch) so it hard for the author to avoid all of clicheness out there. just bear of it and hope that Ark ending soon.
    but if MC do something that contradict with my principal i'll drop it without 2nd thought

8. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    My official opinion on "cliche." Unoriginal usage of plot devices and trope abuse is very common in the fantasy genre. Hell we could have a genre of fantasy called "Tolkien Clones" cuz of how bad it gets sometimes. However, just because a novel is a shameless ripoff or cliche-ridden, it does not make it badly written or that it necessarily has bad characters. It will cost such a novel stars in any review I write, but I won't drop a novel just for sheer unoriginality.