Spoiler Suddenly Became A Princess One Day

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Shizun, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Drivingthescrew

Drivingthescrew Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh
    Oh! You know what, I've just been talking with my friend about how I wanted Spoon to make her own manhwa after this. Just the fact that she is diverging from the novel means she wants to do something else, and the slow pacing might have been the effect of her wanting to go on a different direction but couldn't do it immediately because she is also compelled to at least follow some elements in the novel (like writing a convincing fan fiction LOL). Like limiting her potential at story telling. Not sure if she'll be any good, I hope she is, since I don't think she has authored one of her own before, but I want her to try.

Also, Lucas kinda got famous for being a smooth, cheeky bastard, but let's admit that his looks are also part of the reason. I'm hoping to see another ML that could match up to his fame and I'm wondering if Spoon could pull it off. I mean, Lucas is sweeping the charts...

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  2. Arekushieru

Arekushieru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So the webtoon and novel must be really different even in that respect then since the webtoon gave me the complete opposite impression about Athy's frame of mind. And from the earlier spoilers it makes sense why Claude's attitude changes towards her so drastically, I mean one of the biggest influences on why he wanted to kill her was because of the dark magic used on Jeannette. Athy's own magic seems to be canceling that out just as Jeannette's is canceling hers out.

Also, in regards to the romantic parts I'm glad Athy is putting Lucas in his place. I much prefer Ijekiel rn. Far more mature despite the fact Lucas is older and also raised by an adult (a more mature one than Ijekiel's father at that).

Lastly, I was glad at Claude's reaction to Jeannette's fall into the water purely because it probably untied a knot in Athanasia's heart, seeing that Claude does not react that way solely because it's her. If twelve year olds have that sort of compassion I'd say good on them rather than deride them.

3. Kat Rina

Kat Rina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The hatred I saw towards Janette with the last chapter truly scared me. It's not the first time I see this, but it always worries me when I notice how many people enjoy watching a character almost die. And they enjoy it not because she did something truly evil to MC, but just because she changed (without knowing) MC's family situation

4. lucasathy

lucasathy New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey I'm new here, I just wanted to add that check out spoons insta, it seems like she's gonna add more to Ijekiel and athy's back story! All the Lucas and athy shippers are getting worried whats gonna happen as the manhwa webtoon has already changed a little from the novel. Lets see hopefully its still Lucas x Athy in the end!

Hey I'm just editting the above, actually I mis-understood, she said she's working hard on her art more these days and posted a pic from the manhwa of Ijekiel, Jennette and Athy ... but yea LucasXAthy fans seem a bit panicked.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    VelvetColors and MiserableSOUL like this.
  5. Unknown73

Unknown73 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hiii i'm new here too, sorry to disturb you but are you sure that spoon said that? From the comments i read in her post, she said that she will try to improve her art and spend more time on the colors and stuff like that. Sorry again for disturbing you and i sincerely think that lucas and athy will be together at the end!

lucasathy likes this.
  6. winterkaguya

winterkaguya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wahh! Thanks for the spoiler!

Mifried likes this.
  7. lucasathy

lucasathy New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh sorry thats the impression I received as a lot of fans were saying that and going crazy lol, yea I guess I should've double checked everything, I just panicked. Anyway your so kind no need to apologise thank you for clearing things up..... Yea I hope its Lucas and Athy end game. There's just too many athy and Lucas developments in the novel for them to change the ML like that. Plus Lucas deserves love in his life which he never got since he was born, even though his master thought of him like a son but Lucas felt hurt when his master left him and settled with his own family then eventually committed suicide. I guess Lucas felt abandoned all his life, sorry I'm rambling I just love how he's attached to Athy now. :)

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
  8. Unknown73

Unknown73 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No worries! I too was surprised seeing these reactions and frankly at first i didn't understand why people were freaking out Just because spoon posted this picture doesn't mean that she's going with this ship. One thing that really bothers me though, it's how they started this kind of ship war over who is better with athy (something i have already seen over and over again).
    Sincerely this kind of argument is so nonsensical to me because it seems like they picture athy like a trophy that only the winner can have and it seems like kind of toxic. Like of course i would prefer athy to be with lucas and i'm quite sure they will be together because they're even suitable for each other but i can understand if someone has different opinion, for example ijekiel shippers, and its totally fine because everyone is free to ship whatever they want. This is just my opinion and i dont want anyone to feel attacked or suppressed by my thoughts. Sorry for disturbing you again it's just that i needed to vent because it's kinda frustrating seeing people attacking each other over a ship. And me too! i really love how lucas is attached to athy right now. For now i hope that spoon will define better their relationships in the upcoming chapters.

seabuckthorn and theilikepie like this.
  9. lucasathy

lucasathy New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ikr what you said made a lot of sense, I agree. Yea they (the fans) shouldn't go crazy like that, Lucas wasn't even in that recent post on spoons insta and they went crae crae over it!! lol.....I really like Ijekiel too and feel sorry for him, thats the thing with love triangles although its exciting in a story, one of them eventually gets hurt. I hope everything works-out and a happy ending for everyone. (y)

10. sirwence

sirwence Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If the novel bored you; how are you even awake in the second season? Not trying to be snarky but all of these changes tp the story fpr the Manhwa have dragged ,snagged ,or just flat out 'looped around' .. and the only thing truly added besides possibly a manhwa only villain whos done absolutely nothing *on screen* besides 'chat' now and than and give off negative 'vibes' .. is add Jeanette screen time (for what I am assuming will be changes to the ending regarding her) ...but in more 2d style; at least in the novel she had real emotions besides bubbles...For me this has been great art but S2 is a slog to the point of just hiatus for now.. until Lucas (since hes more than op enough to solve all this or should be) forces the plot forward; or someone else does .. But to each their own of course.

As for talents being wasted... "If the novel wasn't popular it wouldn't have gotten a Manhwa" is another way to look at things.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    M30WWWW, Gumiho, BlueBubble__ and 4 others like this.
  11. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I discovered the Manwha first. The art is one of the best I've seen. I guess i had high expectations for the novel.

It would take a dumpster fire of a plot to make drop the manwha with art as good as it is.

But imo the original novel while not terrible wasnt anything unique

And you can't expect a visual medium to adapt everything from the novel 1:1. It's an adaptation. Not a straight up copy. That wouldnt do well, even regarding characters. It would be walls of texts

Not necessarily. Alot of times Manwha adaptions are advertisements for the original novels. Granted I dont know how popular the novel was before it got an adaption but I know it exploded in popularity afterwards.

So it is safe to say it wouldnt be as popular

12. Chandlene

Chandlene Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you guys know about SIBAP fan’s scandal on Instagram. Apparently they edited SIBAP characters’ faces on other novel covers. The original artists and novel authors are pissed, they are reporting them all over the place right now. I know this is unrelated to spoilers, but this situation has caused bad impression on SIBAP’s fandom (they wasn’t that great before, but the situation made it worse than ever)

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  13. afelice

afelice Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, so that's why the edits kinda disappeared from IG. Actually I was wondering when will the artists and authors got mad...

Drivingthescrew likes this.
  14. Chandlene

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually they didn’t aware there was such thing because they don’t use IG, till recently a Korean fan found out and alarmed them.

15. Deleted member 239874

Deleted member 239874 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    It is also because some translator (who joined discord and part of the ig scanlation) told the authors and artists about those accounts so now everyone is being hunted not just fanaccout that do editing :/

16. naandanaa

naandanaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you guys know on twitter they said wmmap author plagiarized daughter of the emperor, and wmmap author even admitted it but still didnt apologize..

17. Hibaritoru45

Hibaritoru45 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I knew it, but I personally think that wmmap author didn't have to apologize because that's not a kind of plagiarism she must have to say sorry cause she just copy the idea about the a girl being reincarnated to a different world as a daughter of a tyrant king and after that the story is totally different.

It's just like the other author make a trend of this idea and wmmap author is one of people who join the trend. So it's not a plagiarsm you must to say sorry, but if someone really want her to say sorry, doesn't it mean the first who came up with this reincarnation idea "girl being reincarnated" (in korea) must to say sorry to the first author who make a trend about reincarnation comic idea which is a manga in japan (I dont really remember the name). It's not right? She/he just follow the trend too.

btw it's just my opinion guys. I can be wrong

18. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    I am split. I want the translation to keep going. But I understand if the publisher wants to take it down. they legally own the material. I will be honest that if someone translate my material w/o my permission, I'm gonna be super duper pissed.

No.

So, you have someone unverified posting things on Twitter on which the actual issue is least likely to be verified, not to mention the issues of being mistranslated...

So, because it's on Twitter it has to be believed? Are the statements even verified?

LOLing. Plagairized? LMAO. Why is there a demand for an apology?
    Stories are never 100% unique. There will always be similar veins of story elements from other stories or material. That's why there are tropes. In this case, the trope will the daddy's girl trope, daughter-father dynamic, the emperor, and the princess character type. It's not hard to create a story from that.

Besides, if it was the same publication, why should the author apologize? The publication owns the story and they can replicate it as much as they want or put as tweaks as they want. If it was another, that's the job of the legal team.

So other similar stories like I Was Born a King's Daughter should also be struck since it's similar? The Youngest Princess?

To be honest,t I think this type of novel gained more traction after the WMMAP manhwa. Comparable to Harry Potter and LOTR (back in the day), Metal Gear for stealth games and Resident Evil for horror games when it comes to getting attention and making audiences want more of the material.

Sign of the times. Apologizing for something you didn't even really do. But it's a way to keep the peace and the mobs at bay, I guess.

19. Chandlene

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, Plutus did plagiarize.

Nope, there were bunches of posts pointing put that Plutus not only use the scenerio but also copy some texts of sentences of Daughter of the emperor too. There are reasons why people accusing Plutus of plagiarizing, and he/she did admitted, but never apologize. Apparently the manhwa was so damn successful (thanks for Spoon) that the fans are denying it, or even don’t know about it.
    FYI, Daughter of the emperor is the first novel ever that create the father-daughter motiff trend.

20. paintedViolas

paintedViolas Member

Reading List:
    Link
    honestly, i love Daughter of the Emperor. It has a special place in my heart cause of how father-daughter centric it is. People can say that the artist is dragging it out, but they've obviously never read or seen CN/Chinese manwhas. I honestly think it was also one of the first of its official kind, but as with any good, popular thing, it will get copied to hell and back. :/

The1Rin and creatorfreak like this.