Spoiler Suddenly Became A Princess One Day

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Shizun, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Nuzlocke

Nuzlocke Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    TL 1 Claude? Yeah, you're probably right.

TL 2? Eeeeeeeehhh...

2. LePetiteReader

LePetiteReader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    TL2 Claude's still an ass to Athy, it was thanks to her running into him when she was a toddler that the black magic process stopped. Now that he lost his memories again, he's back to an ass to her, if he's a good person, despite hating his ex, he'd still care for the child because they didn't do anything wrong

3. Mia24

Mia24 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay I know this may be irrelevant, but like isn’t a grown woman or reader inside Athy?
    And if there is I’m just wondering why isn’t she smarter like during the beginning? It may also just be me but like does anyone else feels irritated that the “reader” is way too into the role of Athy and forget that she isn’t originally from that world and that the author cast aside the fact that the MC forget the duke is the ‘bad guy’ of the story and is apart of why the original Athy die?

4. Quimquim_20

Quimquim_20 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What part are you at?

The 'reader' is Athy with a second chance

And yes I understand your point but she was mostly focused on escaping Claude's clutches and potentially killing her, I wouldn't be worried about much until the main threat has disappeared.

That's another thing, she can never be her true self Claude, it's always a facade or circus act. She not cutesy or demure she is a grown woman mentally and by all accounts somewhat tomboyish, spunky, and sarcastic.

My theory is that Athy may look like Diana but personality wise she is like Claude and he initially didn't like that with the contrast with her looking so much like Diana so he would rather her dead.

Lmaoo, I'm surprised no one brung up the fact that Diana is debatably almost as responsible as Claude.

It was never said how much Diana knows about Claude's past and she decided not only to keep Athy but allow a mentally unstable Claude to take care of their unborn daughter not knowing what future is in story for Athy. Idk that reminded me of rose quartz from Steven Universe in terms of how much trouble that caused. If she did know how messed up he was why take that risk for your baby?

It's clear Claude wasn't in any condition to take care of a dog let alone a child. She is partially responsible for OG Athy's death, the concubine genocide, and Jenny and Athy vying for for Claude's conditional attention because he looks for Diana's likeness in both of them for both timelines.

Doesn't really excuse Claude but that's pretty messed up too.

seabuckthorn, Creolenerd and afelice like this.
  5. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm you are right
    Bit I stil blame claude more tho since she was basically a gift (ahem slave) given to him

She probably thought hed love her and take care of athy who was the last sign of her. Guess she really really overestimated him. Or she didnt know him that well

Or maybe she wanted to get way from him and dying was the best way to achieve it

Also I cant belive you used Claude and Greg universe's names in the same sentence. Cluade wishes he could be as good as the dirt on Greg's shoes smh

6. Chonky_cloud

Chonky_cloud Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just had a very depressing and scary thought...
    I was thinking if Diana had aborted Athy would life be different?? Since it was Athy's magic that basically killed her, if Athy was aborted then Diana would live and by chance they have another child that would not kill her then Claude, Diana and the non-athy princess would be a happy family??

Creolenerd likes this.
  7. Nuzlocke

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh...

TL2 Claude's actions are still petty compared to what TL1 Claude did.

First off, Steven Universe goes downhill after the corruption issue. I don't feel like it's a good example.

Second, does that mean you would have preferred Diana aborting Athy?

She only had two real options. Give birth or don't. Plus, I feel like Athy was more of a "guess what, I'm pregnant" type of thing as opposed to something they planned. Claude fell for Diana, basically bought her and popped her cherry, she got pregnant after all the (undoubtedly unprotected sex they had), and she was given a choice. Give birth or kill it.

How dare Diana give birth! If she's aborted Athy and lived, then Athy would have never been killed by Claude in TL1!

Pretty sure Diana's body just couldn't handle childbirth to any spawn.

ValReads and MiserableSOUL like this.
  8. Quimquim_20

Reading List:
    Link
    No not greg just Rose's character development timeline that was introduced in reversed. I don't think I used Greg's name?

And yes Claude would mostly be at fault since he has control of everything until the very end. But his and Diana's relationship needs to be explored more I feel like, it's only seen from Claude's POV or a 3rd person. It could very well be very flawed as well

You might've missed my point: Athanasia dies in the first timeline and almost dies in the second if not for accidental meeting. My main point was that she knew little about him and took that heavy risk only to set her child up for abandonment with an unready father.

That doesn't mean I wanted her aborted it's just she lives only to die later by the person meant to protect her the first time, and would've happened again if not for the accidental early encounter they had.

Of course this only put more dirt on Claude for not even respecting his loved ones wishes.

Creolenerd likes this.
  9. radical6

radical6 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ik people hate BOTB for its ML but honestly I wish Spoon drew that one instead of this. (BOTB artist is very good tho! Spoon is just one of my faves.)At least in BOTB none of the men murder Hari. BOTB was actually okay, I don't remember which story came first between the author, but seriously after finishing BOTB and then trying to read wwmap I wonder what happened..

Also if Claude wasn't wearing some robe he would not be getting as much love. Because then readers couldnt see his abs. Hes just as bad as the dad from "Actually I Was The Real One." Except no one defends that dad despite him also being a blonde somewhat attractive man.

Claude is excused for his crimes against humanity solely because hes hot lmao. If Spoon drew him as a meh looking guy people would not simp for him.

Claude should die but it would make Athy and Jeannette sad. And those two girls have been hurt enough... so I guess he should be kept alive for their sake. I do hope Spoon draws the Lucas bonking Claude scene soon for my amusement.

10. LePetiteReader

LePetiteReader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, the author made it clear she died because Athy's magic was too much for her, if the child was a muggle like Jennette, she would've lived

seabuckthorn and Quimquim_20 like this.
  11. fireflying

fireflying Lost Boy

Reading List:
    Link
    Muggle?? ahahAHAHHAahha pretty sure this isn't the correct fandom ajksijsi :blobpats:

12. Nuzlocke

Reading List:
    Link
    Explain how? Are you referring to the whole magic bit? Where she only survived because she caught Lucas's eye? It's the only real thing you can be referring to considering the fact that TL2 Athy was planning on avoiding Claude at all costs and running lol

Though, your main point doesn't seem to consider the fact that Claude is a king, Diana was basically a gypsy, and birth control doesn't seem to exist in WMMAP. Like I said, she only had 2 choices: Kill it or Die.

Diana was kinda forced to rely on Claude lol

Yeah, that too.

Makes it more obvious that Diana didn't really have many options when the bun was in the oven lol

No... Unlike crap dad from Actually I Was The Real One, Claude is a king. He's also pretty straightforward about it. People think Crap dad's beliefs are stupid, and they are because the author seems to be deconstructing the true neutrality stance.

Claude's excused because he's a king. Pretty sure everyone considers him an asshole, but unlike crap dad from AIWTRO Claude doesn't have some stupid ideal he bases his decisions on. He just does what he wants.

That goes a long way towards making someone tolerable.

Seriously? That sounds hilarious!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
  13. Veille

Veille Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://m.facebook.com/trix.pinkz/posts/pcb.1517044198484285/?photo_id=228601205328188&mds=/photos/viewer/?photoset_token=pcb.1517044198484285&photo=228601205328188&profileid=100010385866443&source=48&refid=28&_ft_=qid.6905518462018048484%3Amf_story_key.-5786752577086604699%3Agroup_id.1544919775685717%3Atop_level_post_id.1736682823176077%3Acontent_owner_id_new.100045349306675%3Aoriginal_content_id.1517044198484285%3Aoriginal_content_owner_id.100045349306675%3Apage_id.1544919775685717%3Asrc.22%3Aphoto_id.228601205328188%3Astory_location.5%3Aattached_story_attachment_style.album%3Aview_time.1607816307%3Afilter.h_nor%3Atds_flgs.3%3Aott.AX-kijlrxB8F7kz6&__tn__=EHH-R&cached_data=false&ftid=&mdp=1&mdf=1

So I saw this on fb, I just wanna share this to everyone.

Jenette didnt turn back the time and she has GREEN eyes. I also read the spoiler here about Jenette has green eyes ( she inherited from penelope)

And it also explained on the post why Jenette's black magic sorta heals claude but it doesn't really heals claude. It kills him. The reason why Claude felt like he's being healed when he's near to Jenette because Jenette wants Claude to love her as his daughter and that sort of feeling of desire "heals" Claude. But it harms him.

I think the reason why the Black magic of Jenette harms him because He doesn't love Jenette like she wants him to do (?) (This is just my theory harhar)

"Also staying with Jeannette is crucial as she's like quadrupling the effect of the black magic Claude used (UNCONCIOUSLY) using the black magic Karax/Aeternitas gave her."

And she revealed a spoiler that in Book 5, Ijekiel got hurt because of Jenette's black Magic?? :blob_teary:. He got scared of Jenette because of that.

And Jenette went nuts (not really but she kinda use her black magic turn into a tornado) when Claude told her the truth .

In the end she requested to removed her jeweled eyes and turn it into itsoriginal state. :blobsnow:blobmelt_thumbs

So the spoilers of Jenette turning back the time is not true. I guess. And she doesn't have any healing capabilities or healing magic. ( Like where the hell did that came from?)

She only has black magic

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
  14. nehamerchant123

nehamerchant123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually since you're mentioning it, I actually think Athy isn't much like Claude or Diana personality wise. Really she feels closer to what we see of Anastacius when she isn't acting. I mean, less rude than he ism but definitely some of his brand of scheming and sarcastic.

Quimquim_20 and Creolenerd like this.
  15. nehamerchant123

nehamerchant123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You're kind of mixing a lot of manhwa stuff with the novel here but the manhwa is going a totally different route from the novel. From the spoilers I have read of the novel everything you said adds up, but the stuff about Jennette's black magic hurting Claude is manhwa only I think so we have no idea why her magic is killing him other than whatever Lucas explained that one time.

Also yes she had a very intense arc in the novels lol, from what I understand Athy basically avoided her? So Jennette had no way to get close to the royal family. And then Duke Alpheus eventually decided that Claude loves Athy too much so he gave up the Jennette plan completely and she was left with nothing (in her opinion, it's debatable because like she's still of fairly high status being with the Alpheus family). Anyways it was a lot of resentment and self-loathing that spiralled into blaming Athy or something and she just really went nuts. Also it should be noted Anastasius never comes back in the novel so she wasn't being manipulated by him but she also didn't have the small amount of support he's been providing in the manhwa. You are right though, Jennette turning back time isn't something that happened in the novels but iirc in the novels Athy wasn't the same Athanasia from The Lovely Princess story, that's a Spoon edit as well and Athy was just someone who read the story in her og life in Korea.

And on top of all this stuff Jennette wasn't even the main villain of the novel iirc?? Like there's another dude and he's being set up in the manhwa so the rest of this will be spoilers
    So the big villain of the novel was someone named Aethernitus or something like that and then he started going by Carax. He's an old king that used to exist and he has major beef with Lucas, he's shown in that flashback where Lucas glares at some child who he was asked to teach magic and then Lucas says the kid will never be good at magic. Haha surprise, the dude was the most powerful emperor to date and managed to find a way to live hundreds of years later for revenge lol. Lucas done goofed that one.
    In the manhwa it looks like he's sharing Anastasius' body but that wasn't the case in the novels. Anyways that dude came around to cause havok just because he found out Lucas was awake and cares for Athy so he decided to idk, mess with Athy's life?? I don't know how that all fits into TL1 though because Lucas just ate blacky and ran off but yeah.

16. darkcrystal

darkcrystal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Agree with you about claude and still people like to put him in no. 1 position of best father list why because he is just too hot but not really becoz he is a good father. If claude appears with a ugly appearance with same original shitty nature of his today people never even dream to support him but every single person rather hate him earnestly.

17. radical6

radical6 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really hope Jeannette doesnt use black magic in the manhwa. If she does use it, I hope Athy can stop her in time before it consumes her completely and ruins her life.. it seems in the novel she was truly alone..

18. beazacha

beazacha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm surprised to see the gate boner to Claude since he's actually better on the novel than the manwha... we have enough clues and flashbacks showing he was a fine young lad before all the dark magic stuff (wich obviously was his own fault but still) so I assume once they get rid of it he'll gradually become a regular human being again... as for Jennie she honestly didn't do a single thing wrong, but she's a Trojan Horse: the problem was never her, but what she brings with her.

My ideal scenario would be one when they can clean both Claude and Jennie from the magic and she goes to live life on her own terms without the fixation on Claude and Athy, because idk how many people remember this but she was controlled her own life.

19. Nuzlocke

Reading List:
    Link
    Literally became king by killing his father, pretty sure he "killed" his brother too.

He also slaughtered every maid in that one palace when Athy was born.

The hate boner isn't surprising. Guy's a dick. What is surprising is comparing him to incompetent father's or father's with stupid ideals.

Claude is at least competent lol

20. Quimquim_20

Reading List:
    Link
    Especially since it took the drawn out amnesia arc as a reminder for people to realize Claude is a horrible father.

The story has interesting lore to it, we could've expanded out the story instead of having similar stuff from TLP happen. In the end the story kinda just wants us to glorify Claude's parenthood as endearing when that's not the case.