Spoiler Suddenly Became A Princess One Day

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Shizun, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Anelita

Anelita Member

Reading List:
    Link
    NEW CHAPTER, GUYSSSS. I'M SO EXCITEDDDDD. BUT I DON'T KNOW KOREAN T-T

2. Impriestz

Impriestz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its happy ending. Claude could get his memories back (with the help of Lucas). Zenit wasn’t accepted as Claude’s daughter. But she gonna found another happiness and still, good relationship with MC.
    She end up with Lucas.
    3. I bought all chapters of novel from Ridibooks. That website have all chapters in a very cheap price, and you can buy it with VISA or Mastercard. Afterward, open it in Google chrome and use translation function. The auto-translator might not that good. But its still understandable enough to read with joy.

3. Veille

Veille Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    GUYS THERE'S ALREADY CHAPTER 75!!!!!

I COULDN'T UNDERSTAND BUT!!! THERE'S A REVELATION.(I THINK) THAT IJEKIEL FELL IN LOVE WITH ATHY IN THE FIRST TIMELINE.

Mikaa likes this.
  4. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    These kinds of retcons seem so forced. Literally the art is carrying the story now

5. paintedViolas

paintedViolas Member

Reading List:
    Link
    agree that these retcons seem to have basically no basis at all. I'm lowkey tired of all of this kerfuffle, and I just want Claude to remember already or for something to actually happen. The past few chapters have just been a load of nothing, and sitting around talking. The art is so pretty; and its the only reason I've not dropped this series yet.

6. hjnffnjh

hjnffnjh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, started with the story stayed for the art.

Deleted member 239874 likes this.
  7. Deleted member 239874

Deleted member 239874 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes.. I really feel like the past few chapters have been just fillers. Like we only get crumbs regarding Athy's magic and vague hints about her past lives so far---- I really hope we will actually get something on the next release.

Mikaa likes this.
  8. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    I come in peace. Just saying my POV.

These reasons are annoying but to be honest, some of these decisions to have things retconned are because of the fans. Before you barge your pitchforks, I assume everyone here is aware of shipping or love teams. or even fans like me who like to put up theories once in a while (speaking for myself).

Most of the time, there is a good and solid story for entertainment like books or novels. From my POV, the only reason why I have to retcon something in my work is if the publisher says I have to. Why would the publisher do that? because the publisher wants to pander to the people who like this couple or bothered by this thing. Publisher wants to make everybody happy and of course, get some extra cash. So, in order to make everybody happy, the change has to be done even if its an ongoing work. The nature of WMMAP allows that its episodic so some things can be tweaked along the way. Of course, screw continuity and story flow.
    But that's what you get in a consumable material like movies and even TV shows and for a WMMAP, a story (webnovel and light novel involved), its popularity may have contributed to these retcons. While the lucasXAthy ship is strong , esp in the novel some fans of the novel are also IjekielXAthy fans so the publisher sees that as an opportunity. And by the posts here, they went with it.

Disclaimer: this is what I just my interpretation of what happened. Not part of the publication. Don't take this as gospel. I'm just fortunate to work in some behind the scenes.

9. Deleted member 239874

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh. I think this is the first time I found this situation in Korean manhwa adaption from a novel, most of the time they are following the novel storyline to a T. I can understand the publisher's side, it is very appealing to change little bits like that. I just hope that because the pandering over shipping, it won't take away too much from the main story or dragged too long.

I mean in my case, I'm looking forward to see the explanation for Athy's magic and life cycle (also Claude's memory). Love story is just a bonus, after all the main story is for her to survive and win Claude's affection

Mikaa likes this.
  10. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest, most adoption like manga to anime, book to movie or novel to webtoon etc, there will be changes to make it easier for the medium. There will be also tweaks in plot to make it more adaptable. But yeah, usually if a work gains fans and tractions, there might be plot tweaks that will be made.

Personally, I don't think much of the IkekielxAthy ship but for some fans, it might just add up to the changes to this story. In some stories, I'm very purist (like no changes) and in some, I'm okay with some changes. I have the same hope as you do because one way or another, the more obvious or dramatic the changes are, the more I'll be turned off by the story. I haven't read the latest chapters since I'm saving this story for a binge read.

Mikaa and Deleted member 239874 like this.
  11. Deleted member 239874

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't mind with the little tweak to make the fans and shipper happy, but it just get a bit tiring when the main plot getting pushed aside a bit. I just really want to know the whole explanation ;-;.

Anyway, have spoon ever said how long the manhwa will take before it ends?

Mikaa likes this.
  12. Eurekaaaaa

Eurekaaaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love both the first and second lead, the art is just so darn beautiful but Lucas’ appeal is way more lethal. LOOK AT HIM!!
    [​IMG]

13. paintedViolas

paintedViolas Member

Reading List:
    Link
    honestly; i do get that. but it just feels so tiring watching these ship wars (ship square?) cause I came for the father-daughter relationship that athy and claude had; hopefully the next chapters go back to that. I just preferred how the original novel was more focused on their relationship rather than romance. but i understand that this manga is basically a cash cow because its so popular.

14. Ellavader6666

Ellavader6666 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honeslty don't rlly care who she ends up with cuz i love both mls, i just want her to be happy having good times with claude:aww:
    chapter 75 thooo:blobmelt:
    so ezekiel in Athy's first life actually fell in love with Athy?! hory shet :hmm::blobpopcorn:

Danigurl and Mikaa like this.
  15. hjnffnjh

hjnffnjh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please clarify these things to me, good people ;
    Athy thought "have we met before?"
    This got me confused because she reincarnated into the book right? So is it true that she was that Athy in the Lovely Princess who died and got reincarnated in SK but still died and then reincarnated back as Athy? Do I make any sense? Because I am confusing myself. :notlikeblob::hmm::notlikeblob::facepalm:
    Also, those times when Lucas got rid of some dark aura's were those when Athy was with Ezekiel? Or with Mr. WHITE?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
    Mikaa and Ariefyana like this.
  16. saintine

saintine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sorry if this has been asked before but can i know who ended up with athy? and like generally what happened to them all at the end of the story?

17. Deleted member 239874

Reading List:
    Link
    Based on the manhwa chapters, this Athy is the reincarnation of SK who is the reincarnation of the novel Athy, which is why (i think) that in the latest chapter Athy wondered about meeting Lucas for the first time (which is not mentioned in the novel, i think?).

If I remember correctly from earlier chapter, Lucas only ever get rid of the dark aura after Athy meeting with Jennette (because she is a chimera).

Someone mentioned above that she ended up with Lucas

saintine likes this.
  18. Mikaa

Mikaa 〘༄⚘〙

Reading List:
    Link
    Rather it is because she meet with Jenette.

Edit: oh,, sry,,
    Someone already write about that

19. InsaneStuffedAnimals

InsaneStuffedAnimals So silly goofy, quirky and different

Reading List:
    Link
    I really dislike a lot of the things that Jenette does, like, she KNOWS that athy is having a really hard time because of Claude, and this will sound kinda stupid, but the AUDACITY to be so HAPPY when you know what a hard time your 'sister' is having. And I understand where she's coming from, like she wants a family, but she wants a family for HERSELF. does that make any sense? She's not really looking at it as a 2 way street. She's happy, so the fact that the rest of her family is suffering doesn't matter, right? THIS MADE ME SO MAD. so sorry for the random Jenette rant, but thats kinda my feelings on jenette.

20. ailatte

ailatte Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm skipping all the chapters with Jenette right now because of that, like read the room darn it