TV Supergirl win or fail?

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by Fred7gold, Jan 13, 2016.

?

Win or fail?

1. Win

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. Fail

11 vote(s)
    35.5%
  3. I dont watch super heroes series

11 vote(s)
    35.5%
  4. I dont care

5 vote(s)
    16.1%
  5. Epic fail she is ugly !

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  6. Omg where is Superman !

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  1. Fred7gold

Fred7gold Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    for those who does not know a serie supergirl start:
    image.jpg

2. Fred7gold

Reading List:
    Link
    My vision of supergirl in comics :
    image.jpg image.jpg
    image.jpg

My vision of supergirl in reality:
    image.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Risus likes this.
  3. Brungles

Brungles Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I watched the pilot and it was terrible, so cliched and obviously trying to cash in on the feminism movement with the huge focus on "Whats wrong with being a girl?" with her boss. The lines were some of the cheesiest things I've heard in any show in the past few years. I literally thought of the most cliched thing they could say and 80% of the time it was line for line. If you want a good superhero series go with CW or Netflix xD

Stormingtiger101, Shio, Risus and 2 others like this.
  4. Btoken

Btoken Nice Enough

Reading List:
    Link
    Reporter: What are your goal in life?
    SuperGirl: To protect superman senpai !
    Reporter: Are you stronger than him?
    SuperGurl: No
    Reporter: How do you protect someone who stronger than you?
    SuperGawl: With my nakama power!!
    Reporter: ....

5. Phantom Starlight

Phantom Starlight The Guiding Light

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't watched tv since 2010, (And only watch a movie about once a year since then)
    I suppose this means I fall under the "I don't watch super heroes series" category

PS: I do watch anime though

Fred7gold likes this.
  6. Fred7gold

Reading List:
    Link
    The new red hair jimmy:
    image.jpg

The Darkness and Parth37955 like this.
  7. NeaxD

NeaxD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I do not watch super heroes series is what I voted. the reason being is the acting is sooooo awkward and cheesy in almost all of them. It is not as cheesy as a sitcom like 2 broke girls but still cheesy. Like when you guys watch any superhero show whether its on CW chanel(biggest offender on chessy lines) or on CBS take a second to listen to how they talk. It just makes me cringe sometimes.

Edit: Token black actors are so random sometimes but thinking back to when these comics first started I can see why they want to include more diversity in the ethnic backgrounds of the characters. I do not mean to sound racist though but when these token actors that swap the race of the original character sometimes start to act completely different from their character in the comic though it kills the character imo.

If a character is a normal acting person in the comic he should not suddenly become gangster with swagger just because the director decided a token was the way to go. I am not saying it happens in supergirl or any other show. It just worries me how these directors want to drastically change a character to fit the mainstream instead of following the original story.

This is a major issue you see with Light novels going to Manga they cut out or change so much content to just try and focus on ecchi moments or action instead of story. A example would be Long Live Summons manhua. One character is just completely different it kills a small part of the humor the story had originally.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  8. Anghagaed

Anghagaed 「未熟戦士」

Reading List:
    Link
    SuperGirl: Through love and peace! We can all be friends! Though superman senpai wa atashi no koibito desu...

9. ioriangel

ioriangel 『Terrible Kitsune Oneesan』『Stabber』

Reading List:
    Link
    Obviously I have a mixed opinion about this series. Sincerely I think that the actress is cute and adorable. But she's no supergirl material. I like the story but the plot seems so generic. I watch it for the fun of it, I have the same opinion for Arrow and the flash by the way. Those are made for entertainment nothing more.

10. WeiFish

WeiFish Eccentric Grey Sword 『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    Supergirl is actually supposed to be so OP. Like... stronger than Superman, and she's meant to be super agro and direct and strong headed. I know it's a different plot and everything but it's too much of a difference! Also it's super cringy and capes effecting stability is bs.

11. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    Supergirl is hard to do. To balance her real origins and characterization with modern values is basically impossible. Add on to that that there have been no less than 3 different versions of supergirl and you get a mess.

As a social media vehicle I feel like Wonder Woman would have been a better choice, because even if you threw in female power and stuff, that is completely in line with her character. In Supergirl you are going to divide audiences and make at least part of the audience dismiss the show as a pro-feminism propaganda piece. I honestly don't mind if people want to make those, as long as they keep their damn dirty hands away from the things I like. Everything I don't care about is fair game, but don't **** with my ****. Also I have only seen the first episode, so I don't actually know if Supergirl is one, my point is simply if they were going to make one Wonder Woman would have made more sense.

12. DarkArts

DarkArts ✫ First Ancestor of the Assassin Sect ✫

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont watch super heroes series. Or rather, I haven't been watching tv for 5-6 years. To begin with, super heroes series are one of the things I avoid the most. Though I still held a bit of interest in some of them some time ago but those were something like Iron Man or Batman and not this king of f****** ******** ...
    *censoring*
    [​IMG]
    *after a long while*

As @Xeanx13 said, I also feel that the acting is awkward but most times it's just plain stupid and it feels like it was made for kindergartners or worse, not to even mention how dense the characters can seem to be at times. Moreover, the costumes and the effects are usually quite retarded in most of these series.

13. Odyssey

Odyssey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    haven't seen past the first 2 or 3 episodes yet but.....small things are Supergirl is supposed to be more "hated" by the ppl hell Kat Grant is a huge Supergirl hater.

14. ioriangel

Reading List:
    Link
    Supergirl's body conduct more easily and effectively solar radiation from the yellow sun. She is potentially stronger than superman, normally she's 18 or 19 in the different versions of DC COMICS. She has killed some E.T. compared to superman who is the champions of the non killing thing sometimes... and has less ethics than him and well has more issues. This version of Kara Zor'El is made for teens, excuse me. She has limited powers, don't have a clue about her own feelings that she should have sorted since she's an adult now. They should have done a powergirl instead of this one... with a busty blonde that should have made a good show. Like I said I watch it for the fun of it, it's like watching a what if story.

The Darkness and Parth37955 like this.
  15. Parth37955

Parth37955 [Unavailable, go away] Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    haven't watched it yet...if it's anything like The Flash, then I probably won't watch it...maybe put it off and see if it improves. I preferred the Arrow (slightly less cheesy, not as toned down for teens). I'm not too into characters that are unsure of themselves, especially when she's supposed to be much more...aggro in the comics.

16. Fred7gold

Reading List:
    Link
    Even flash seem a bit better , even if i dissaprouved of gay looking actor for super usually ( with the exception of magneto).

17. ioriangel

Reading List:
    Link
    Eric Leincher isn't gay and the actor too xD well he did play a gay wizard in HP...

18. Fred7gold

Reading List:
    Link
    when I said magneto it s the gay One:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  19. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    Ian McKellen is gay and played both Magneto and Gandalf but not Dumbledore.

Eric Leincher is Magnetos human name. He has been portrayed on screen by Ian McKellen and Micheal Fassbender,

Fred7gold likes this.
  20. Fred7gold

Reading List:
    Link
    My bad I tot it was the guys who play a young magneto I dont remember his name thanks for the correction bro