Question Surprise! The Supposed Talent Show Was Actually–?!

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by madudellatorre, Apr 21, 2020.

1. madudellatorre

madudellatorre Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I began reading this novel but I have some questions about the world building.

So, White Moonlight is an entertainment company, and they train trainees to debut as profissional players on their profissional team (as others entertainment company do)? But for a trainee to actually debut, they have to win the Crosson Reality Show? At first, I thought that Azura Competition Zone was the actual competition, but then I read something that made it look like a team?

“He was also the one who pioneered the tricky double assault, sniper, and c-position scout tactics that pushed the Azure Competition Zone into the top eight of the league for the first time.” Ch. 13.

“Blood Pigeon paused, “I retired eight years ago and came here to become an instructor because I have never seen the Azure Competition Zone win a league championship. And this champion is likely to be amongst you all.” Ch 13.

“Five hundred people per season. Added up, it’s two thousand people. Only forty of those made a debut. Some of them have entered the Star League, while for others, their debut was the peak of their careers before they sank back into obscurity. Ch 13.

Like, the actual competition is the Star League, so what is Azure Competition Zone? A team? But all the contestants of beginning level of Crosson Show, of others companies and also individuals (like the ML and the redhead) are training to debut on the same team? so it doesn’t seem to be a team either? Because each company had their own profissional team?

I’m sorry, I am really confused about the world building. I’d like to know how does the entertainment companies, White Moonlight, Crosson Reality Show, Azure Competition Zone and the Star League actually relate to each other on the story.

thanks

2. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You know how there are JP companies that trained idols? They train them how to socialize, how to present themselves, how to dance, how to act, how to sing etc

Now in this universe, these companies are like those JP companies. The contestants are like the idols we have nowadays but in this universe, instead of dancing or singing they are survival experts.

In our world, there are probably variety of entertainment shows were these companies can send their idols to showcase themselves. Crosson Reality Show is like those idol shows.

The idol shows we have made the contestants form groups and do tasks/missions. It's the same for the one in Surprise universe.

However, our idol shows have the contestants perform singing and dancing. Surprise idols are dancing too, but their dance is a dancer survival that includes knives, guns, bombs, and a lot of other arsenals.

Accellia and madudellatorre like this.
  3. xiin

xiin lazy <( ̄︶ ̄)>

Reading List:
    Link
    hello! translator here...

White moonlight is an entertainment company that trains trainees to join the White Moonlight Battle Team that *participates* in the Star League (which is the real survival show league.. consider it to be like international league but in an interstellar context, so it's the peak league of the whole universe). there's no 'debut' requirements for trainees to join battle teams, but if they want to be a core member of the team they should have 'debuted' somewhere. The Crosson Reality Show is something like... a variety show (like america's next top model...?) that allows trainees to kick start their careers. That's why Caesar is taking part even though he's already a substitute in the White Moonlight's main battle team (the team that includes Wen Lin, Zoe, Caesar and Wu Jin is the trainee team put together for the reality show).

The Azure Competition Zone is... a zone. In Earth-terms, it's more like a country or a region (Europe, or Asia), and battle teams within the competition zones 'represent' the zone in the Star League.

The tactics basically pushed his team (that was from/in the Azure Competition Zone) into the top eight of the Star League (the ultimate competition).

No battle team from the Azure Competition Zone (region) has ever won a Star League championship (#1 in the whole universe)

Those who made a debut entered battle teams, but some did well in their battle teams while others basically washed out.

Crosson Show is a platform for Azure Competition Zone competitors (irregardless of what team or entertainment company they're from or if they're individuals wanting to enter the survival show industry. Some companies send trainees (Zoe, Wen Lin, Ming Yao, Thin Fire, Wei Yan etc) or substitutes from their existing team (Caesar's the only one that comes to mind at the moment), while some individuals participate on their own (Red & Wei Shi).

I don't remember if this has been mentioned yet so i'll put it in spoiler tags:
    To form a battle team you need to have some members who have made a 'debut' in the team. In fact, Red & Wei Shi into the Crosson Show to obtain debut spots so that they could set up a Floating City battle team.

I hope that clears things up~ thanks for reading!!!

ICe, ctomes, Accellia and 9 others like this.
  4. Jammyyyyxx

Jammyyyyxx Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you translator for the clarifications♡♡♡