Request Approved Tagging auto-complete and Tag section

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by mystichead, Oct 25, 2015.

1. mystichead

mystichead Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    2 main suggestion here:

1.)
    Can you add auto-complete for existing tags like feature to when you're entering Tags for a particular series?

Like say I'm entering 2 tags, one that already exists in the system, and one that is new, for the series "Bingo"
    Artist/s = Old
    Economics = New

When I type in Art in the edit tags section, it gives me a list of recommendations like Artist/s, Martial Arts, Partial Nudity etc. We can choose any of those recommended, or make a new one that doesnt fit the spelling.

Like we do with economics.. and we save.

2.)

Have a separate page/section dedicated to listing all the current Tags, and of course have a link to it in the main page of the site.

IF POSSIBLE have it so that you can have people define the tags, link one to another if they're related, and delete the ones that mean the same, and OR somehow have Tags with multiple names (Teacher aka Sensei)
    If you make it so that you get points for defining, linking, cleaning up, and aliasing your tag database, I think we might have a working system here...
    ...Although you might have to figure out how to allocate permissions on who gets to do what, as in should EVERYONE be allowed to edit the tag section, or should we limit i to moderators, or the middle path with Only moderators get to delete and possibly alias. There's a different advantage to each option

EXTRA: Mainly a consideration to think about, not actually a suggestion

Maybe ...MAYBE.. since the tagging isnt as heavy yet, and STILL relatively new-ish, and COMPARATIVELY we arent SUPER FILLED with series with tags that any change would be a very very very very MASSIVE overhaul..

A)...and adding a voting system (therefore giving points for the rankings) to the tags: Agree, Disagree
    with the ones with the most agrees and/or total votes or agree-disagree or average ({[agree-disagree] + agree}/2 = avg) being in the front. And have the number right next to it in ()
    Example: 5 tags: Cooking, Crafting, Scientist, Reincarnation, Yandere
    5 people agreed on Reincarnation, 3 people agreed and 1 disagree with Yandere, 2 agree with Cooking, 2 Agree with Crafting with 1 disagree, and Scientist nobody did anything
    RESULT (what ppl see in the tags section) (in this order): Reincarnation(5), Yandere (2.5), Cooking (2), Crafting (1.5), Scientist

B)... Have the tag system be more divided into types with general tags and Character tags...with their own subsection

Like:

GENERAL TAGS
    content indicators
    · violence
    dynamic
    · plot continuity
    elements
    · action
    · · calling your attacks
    · · fighting
    · · martial arts
    · · swordplay
    · adventure
    · angst
    · comedy
    · fantasy
    · · angel
    · · dragon
    · · elf
    · · high fantasy
    · · magic
    · · · magic circles
    · romance
    · science fiction
    · super power
    · tragedy
    · tropes
    · · call my name

original work
    · game
    · · RPG

setting
    · place
    · · countryside
    · · desert

themes
    · coming of age

and.. Character Tags

abilities
    archery (1), extrasensory perception (1), genius (1), precognition (1)
    accessories
    bag (1), bow (1), guandao (1), halberd (1), messenger bag (1)
    clothing
    bandana (1), cape (1), earring (2), feather (1), hair beads (1), hairpin (1), headband (1), mask (1)
    entity
    dragon (2), human (9), squirrel (1)
    fetish appeals
    large breasts (1), loli (1), milf (1), small breasts (1), zettai ryouiki (1)
    nationality
    American (2), Austrian (1), Belarusian (1), Belgian (1), British (1)
    looks
    adolescent (4), beige hair (2), black hair (3), blonde hair (2), blue eyes (1), blue hair (1), child (2), claws (1), fringe (8), weird eyes (1)
    personality
    klutz (1), loyal (2), mischievous (1), pacifist (1), serious (1), strict (1)
    role
    advisor (1), bodyguard (1), clanlord (1), fugitive (1), general (3), harem lead (1), killer (1), king (2), orphan (1), priest (1)
    traits
    frail (1), illeist (1), immortality (1), physically strong (1), rarely speaks (1)

.. This is just an example, the Extra part is just a thought on maybe how good the site can go

Soo... I apologize for bothering about this
    And thank you for your time

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
    Shio likes this.
  2. Tony

Tony Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup.

Define tags has been requested before but it was on the old forum. Yeah I can add that option for both tags & genres.

I'm not sure how to link to another tag if they are related though. Do you want users to add links to similar tags themselves?

Anything that contributes to the site will gain points so yes you will get points for this.

This one sounds easy. I can do this.

How would you like to display this? In the series information page?

I can implement all of this except for B which I'm not so sure of.

3. mystichead

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, or if you want it to be more controlled you can limit it to users who have moderator rights

1)Well mainly i wondering if we could first further define and subdivide tags in General Tags, and Character Tags (basically character traits)
    2)The general tags (since they are general) have sections with comprising of specifics like

content indicators: nudity, adult, violence
    dynamics: branching story, slow pace, non-linear, twists, happy ending
    elements: action, comedy, ecchi, tropes, fantasy, science fiction
    setting: place, time, 1900s, desert, winter
    target audience: shounen, josei, mina
    technical aspects: fictional language, third person, first person, based on real events, biographical
    themes: agriculture, cooking, daily life, death, fate, friendship, gambling

Hopefully comprised of those sections... and if possible... if the sectioned tag is still general enough...for it to have subset tags
    example in elements:romance: fake relationship, love polygon

3) Character tags will be those tags that define the traits of the character & they themselves have.and to be organized by sections such as:

abilities: accupuncture, bad cooking, marksmanship, singing, supernatural abilities
    accessories: glasses, eyepatch, lollipop
    clothing: apron, jacket, kimono
    entity: alien, jinn
    fetish appeals: bishounen, meganekko, moe
    looks: young adult, chubby, fangs
    nationality: African, Austrian, Chinese
    organisation: church, dojo, empire, game company, gang, military
    personality: absent minded, crybaby, tsundere
    role: assassin, biker, femme fetale, gangster
    traits: eunuch, evil laugh, bisexual, innocent

WHAT I HOPE IT WOULD LOOK LIKE ON THE SERIES PAGE:
    I have attached images of general examples of what I hope would happen with those

general tags example  for Novelupdates.jpg character tags example  for Novelupdates.jpg

I might have focused too much on structure and hierarchy in the general one... so seeing it only as structured as the character one is fine too i guess

4. Tony

Tony Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That sounds like a cool idea but I wonder how many people would help with that. I might try it one of these days but it's not on the top of my "to do" list.

It seems like you put in a lot of work in explaining that. Sorry :(

5. mystichead

Reading List:
    Link
    haha thanx
    I didnt really expect it to be done either lol
    I just wanted to throw it out there