Discussion The Abandoned Empress

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by flamingorangesoof, Mar 26, 2020.

1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I read it, I just didn't find anything worth replying to other than what I already said.

2. Taruna

Taruna Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Were we not taking about tia's pain in 1st timeline is relevant or not?
    Or are you saying that motive of her whole sufferings in 1st timeline is to differentiate between 1st and 2nd timeline ruve? :blobunsure:

Your all comments till now is about trying to proving three points that are:-
    (1) 1st and 2nd timeline ruve is different person(so tia and reader should treat him as two separate person).
    (2) in 2nd timeline ruve didn't abuse tia.
    (3) it's not a story about glorifying abuse but a happy ending.
    Correct?
    So let's start with (1):-
    Author has written tia as a PTSD victim where her trauma is like ticking time bomb, it can be triggered by a smallest things.
    In this story 1st and 2nd timeline ruve's apperance, voice, position and some of the personality traits is exactly same... correct?
    So normally a PTSD victim wouldn't even INTERACT with people that share same name with their abuser so... how could tia actually consider ruve as life partner??
    So you want tia to say " hey ruve whatsup bro" is absolutely impossible and the fact that author make it possible is what reader find bullshit.
    Hence, what you are trying to prove is irrelevant here.
    Now is it clear?
    (2):- others already proven this to you and you accepted it but I guess you think those are just mere causing trouble and until ruve didn't rape tia it's not a big deal.
    Right?
    (3):- as lamune44 has explained [He touched her several time without consent while knowing that she is afraid of him. He used her as a coventient tool to escape the Princesses. He used his power over her to trap her and force her to do things she did not want to so many times I can't remember them all (including but not limited to changing her plans for her own party,forcing her to be his fiancée after promissing her would let her go, making her fight against Ji-eun). He manipulated her and lied to her a lot too (for instance about the breaking of the engament).]
    And yess This is all done by 2nd timeline ruve.
    So what would we call him if not abuser?
    Hence, a victim (tia) getting together with her abuser (2nd timeline ruve) is glorifying abuse isn't it?

rose93, Mis Occ and Dimension Breaker like this.
  3. Mis Occ

Mis Occ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not worth it arguing to simple minded persons as they have no critical thinking ability.

Plus, they are already pointing out that many people here have firm views on the story but whatever floats their sinking boat.

Taruna likes this.
  4. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Due to Tia's circumstances, she is forced to interact with Ruve. She'd need to learn to somehow handle her trauma in order to live life normally.

This probably happened off-screen. Could have gotten a bit more screen time, but it is what it is.

5. Taruna

Taruna Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I guess you agree with my other points right?
    Foundation:- MBBS. Results:- surgeon doc
    Foundation:- BDS. Results:- dental doc
    If the author can't even write the foundation of the story that can totally affect the RESULTS. then how did even write the results?
    "Off-screen" you say
    Then why not write it like this:--
    In medieval era There was a girl tia She's kind as Saint and have mental strength as strong as bull but sadly got a abusive husband still, her love for him never waiver as she suffer many hardship and sadly dies from it. Seeing all this, a random God gave her a chance to live again and send her back in time. Now having a new life our heroine surprisingly.........discovered that her husband was actually a saint and was just manipulated by some villains!! *CheersCheers*our heroine take stage and K.O all villains. Now finally she and her husband got happy ever after.
    Tittle:- love of two lifetimes
    A random person: individual growth?
    Author: what's that is it edible?:blobpopcorn_two:

rose93 likes this.
  6. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    No.
    I have no clue what that means.
    I don't get your point. Tia clearly did not have the mental strength of a bull, and she definitely grew throughout the story.

7. Taruna

Taruna Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You just disagree but never explained why disagree on my points in any of your comments till now. so it's understandable for me to guess that u agree.
    I've already explained each and every part why I disagree with you

8. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I replied to the parts that didn't seem like a repeat of the discussions I had with others in this thread, that's all there was to it.

9. Taruna

Taruna Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    By "discussion" you mean, you asking questions and others answering for you without defending your claims and debunking others

10. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't see what claims I'd need to defend nor debunks that I'd needed to do. This is an opinionated thread that revolves around bashing the story. I happen to disagree with the opinions pointed out by the people here and they tried to convince me of their opinions... They failed.

We discussed and told each other our opinions and failed to reach a consensus, that's all there is to it. There's no point in trying to defend or debunk things on a purely subjective and opinionated discussion.

11. Taruna

Taruna Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First of all let me clarify something.
    FACTS in this discussion is dialogues and actions of characters in AE story.
    Firstly @AliceShiki gave these statements with no facts
    @Lamune44 proved(with facts) that 1st and 2nd ruve share same personality, they may not behave same all the time but in many situations their behaviour overlap till the ending of the story.
    Secondly @AliceShiki asked these questions.
    Again @Lamune44 proved that yes 2nd timeline ruve abused tia and of course with facts ( lamune written a whole paragraph pointing actions of 2nd ruve)
    But guess what we get as a reply
    @Lourie proven us 2 solid points
    (1) story is a poor portrayal of trauma
    (2) tia's actions is completely different from what might a PTSD victim would do AFTER overcoming their trauma
    And there was also this
    @Lamune44 already said
    That is why abusive relationship is okay but showing it in good light is dangerous and horrible.
    Lastly @AliceShiki didn't defend her claims forget about debunking others.
    So in these circumstances I thought
    But what I get
    o_O did I perhaps skip something? When did this happened?
    I also asked @AliceShiki something like
    Tia is the same person in both timelines right?
    Did you believe only rape is a abuse?
    I thought she didn't read those so I kindly reminded her and I get a reply
    Now can anybody tell me am I still having a debate:blobsweat_2:
    And I actually complaint about it (I can't believe myself)
    Now I'm just:blob_catflip:

Upper things aside I wanted to ask @Mis Occ is this happened at the end of the story?( I didn't read at the end)
    Is this consider marital rape? Or am I only one seeing it badly? I can't think other word to describe this situation.

Dimension Breaker likes this.
  12. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Those weren't proofs, they were Lamune's opinions based on some parts of the novel. Based on other parts, I disagree.
    You can call that as abuse, I didn't consider what he did as abuse at any point. The definition of emotional abuse is very subjective.
    1) I disagree. It portrayed well enough. You're just expecting a story to focus too much on an aspect that the author didn't feel was worth spending too much screentime on. That's just an issue of screentime being used on other things that the author considered more relevant.
    2) I don't see why? People are different and Tia had a lot of circumstances that forced her to be close to Ruve often, so it's not like she had much of a choice there.
    No, but it's a lot harder to define something as abuse if it is not physical. Emotional abuse of course exists, but it is complicated to define and is very subjective.

Essentially, you're taking a bunch of subjective opinions as facts. I simply disagree with your opinions and your takes on the novel, that's all.

Jenny43627121 likes this.
  13. Taruna

Taruna Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Totally justifiable statement from someone who doesn't know the difference between time travel and alternate universe
    :blobspy:*End of the debate*

Cerene likes this.
  14. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Time travel creates a different timeline.

In a different timeline, events occur differently, people are shaped by the experiences that they go through when they grow up, making them essentially different people as time passes.

As they experienced different things as they grew up, they ended up as different people that cannot be compared to their selves in the original timeline.

15. Taruna

Taruna Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So can we call 1st ruve as future self of 2 nd ruve?
    If not then how did they became different person when their experience is same?
    I can't see other than tia that is out of picture from 1st timeline or is there somebody else?

16. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    No.
    They did not have the same experiences, the lives they lived were quite different.

17. Taruna

Taruna Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reply?

18. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Tia changed, her actions were changed drastically and changed quite a bit of things.

Moreover, there is an overlap between the people they both know, so the interactions between the people they both know also ends up becoming different.

Also, a single person can make a huge impact in someone else's life. Tia alone can already do a lot.

19. Taruna

Taruna Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes and "Bit of things" include ruve's behaviour
    If tia behave exactly same as 1st timeline
    Would ruve still become what he's in 2nd timeline?

20. Dimension Breaker

Dimension Breaker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The ending really is sloppy. esp with whole god and blessed child thing behind the reason why time was turned. To me, it seems more like a curse rather than a blessing that Tia, the one who did nothing wrong, has to carry painful memories of the past while Ruve, who ruthlessly hated her, continue to live scot free while she has to live w/ emotional and mental trauma. I don’t get why the innocent has to live with the painful memories (〜 ̄△ ̄)〜

Taruna and rose93 like this.