The Acceptors

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by zhainan2157, Dec 25, 2019.

1. zhainan2157

zhainan2157 『Villager No.2157』『Kawaii Connoisseur』

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, I’ve decided to write something for fun, it’s called “The Acceptors” please tell me what I can improve on. I also posted it on Scribble Hub:
    https://www.scribblehub.com/series/75846/the-acceptors/

Genre: Action, Adventure, Psychological, Supernatural, Tragedy

Content Warning: Gore, Profanity, Alluding to Sexual Content

Synopsis:
    Some may ask: “why are you doing this?”
    Others may ask: “how do you do it?”
    But among the flood of superfluous things they say, what they really want to ask is: “can you cleanse me too?”
    And to this question, we can only smile and accept our destiny, our calling, our curse, of being the Acceptors.

Table of Contents:
    Prologue

Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
    Nyann likes this.
  2. zhainan2157

zhainan2157 『Villager No.2157』『Kawaii Connoisseur』

Reading List:
    Link
    The sun sets on a barren land, with skies filled with a black haze. As the last of the warmth disappears over the horizon, a stranger in a weird costume steps into a dilapidated village. At first glance he seems to be dressed like pristine and holy priest, but with a closer look you could see a weary face filled with the vicissitudes of time. His frail frame makes it seem as if he would fall at the slightest of winds. Yet that aura of determination about him causes you to see him as a courageous warrior about to enter a battle of life and death. As the man slowly approaches a torn house which seems to be the source of the black haze, a slight whirlwind appears and the black haze seems to solidify into the form of a hideous demon. The demon had the figure of a giant fox that is taller than a human. Glancing over the shoulders of the demon, the figure of a girl around the age of 17 or 18 could be seen, as well as the bloody corpses of several men around her. Close by are the bodies of an elderly couple as well as a young boy. Bruises and signs of mistreatment could seen all over her body with her clothing in tatters. But the most noticeable aspect of her was her completely black eyes as well as a chain made up of black smoke coming out of where her heart should be, connecting her to the demon.

“Sigh, this is going to be troublesome.” said the old priest.

“Every time this kind of thing happens, the summoned demon usually ends up being stronger than normal.”

The old priest then proceeded to pull a cross off of his necklace and chant. Suddenly, a broadsword made out of a murky black substance materialized in his hand. He then held out his left hand which had a two rings on it and chanted again. One of the rings shone a murky light as black smoke emerged from it, solidifying into a black shield. After a slight grimace, the old priest’s face returned to its previous calm look. However, the drops of sweat forming on his forehead gave away that he was in great pain.

After the old priest readied himself, the demon lunged at him, to which the old priest parried and distanced himself.

“Hmmm, so it’s actually a lot weaker than I thought. Maybe a weak demon got lucky and stumbled across this unfortunate girl before the other big shots could show up. The only thing going for this demon is it’s slightly above average speed, looks like I won’t be needing this shield then.”

The black smokey shield then disappeared back into his ring before the old priest assumed a fencing posture while his sword became long and thin like a rapier.

This time, the old priest took the initiative and lunged towards the demon, stabbing it in multiple spots at a speed faster than the eye can follow.

Injured, the demon knew that it wasn’t a match for the old priest so it decided to turn around and run towards the girl. Picking up the girl in its jaws, it started to flee away from the old priest.

“Ah damn, this is why I hate fox type demons, taking off the second things don’t look good. I ain’t young anymore, these old bones can’t do long chases anymore.”

The sword in the old priest’s hands then disappeared before he assumed an archer’s stance. The other ring on his left hand then shone as well before a black yet somewhat transparent bow appeared.

“Good thing I traded my armor set away for this, although the trade was kind of in my loss, my body is too old to be running around with a heavy suit of armor.”

As the old priest drew back the bow string, a black arrow appeared out of nowhere as more sweat flowed down his forehead. As he let go of the bow string, the arrow zoomed towards the demon’s head, piercing it straight through. The demon then fell to the ground unmoving before fading away. The girl that was in it’s jaws was all that was left in its place.

Walking up to the girl who seemed to be in pain with puffs of black smoke emerging from her orifices, the old priest had a look of relief on his face.

“It seems that the possession wasn’t too deep and didn’t last that long, a light cleanse should be enough to save this girl.”

The old priest then covered the girl with a towel before bringing his face close to hers and opening his mouth. Slowly, more and more black murkey smoke started to come out of the girls mouth and go into the old priest’s mouth. After about half a minute, the last bit of smoke was sucked into the old priest’s body.

As the last bit of smoke went into the old priest’s body, he closed his eyes and said:

“In the name of Christ our Lord, I accept your sins.”

As he tried to stand up, his body suddenly shook before a look of understanding appeared on his face.

“So the time has come, my body has finally reached its limit.”

“It’s finally all over now.”

A look of expectancy with a slight bit of anxiousness flashed in his eyes. Looking down at his hands, he could see that bits and pieces of it were turning into black sand, breaking off and fading away. When most of his body was gone, his eyes finally settled as a sense of relief passed over them, before he completely disappeared into the atmosphere, seeming as if he was never there in the first place.

Some may ask: “why are you doing this?”

Others may ask: “how do you do it?”

But among the flood of superfluous things they say, what they really want to ask is: “can you cleanse me too?”

And to this question, we can only smile and accept our destiny, our calling, our curse, of being the Acceptors.

anyudr likes this.