Spoiler The Cannon Fodder and Villain’s Happy Ending

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Aquaa, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Aquaa

Aquaa 『We Lost The Summer』

Reading List:
    Link
    CHINESE NAME:- 穿成炮灰女配后和反派HE了

SUMMARY:-

Second title: “Everyone Gets Scared When the Consort Gets Fierce”

Qin Jiu transmigrated into a switched-at-birth novel.

She became the first daughter of a marquis’ household. She was swapped out maliciously at a young age and raised in the countryside.

The fake young mistress female lead was a rebirthed girl. The pearl of the capital, and the future wife of the second prince.

In the original novel, Qin Jiu who had been jealous of the female lead and kept going against her, trying in vain to frame her. Unaware of her lacking capabilities, she even tried to steal the male lead from her. Eventually, everyone turned their backs against Qin Jiu and she was killed by an arrow to the heart.

After reviewing the plot, Qin Jiu tore up the script–She doesn’t want to be this villainess cannon fodder! Then in the next moment, she jumped into the arms of Regent Gu Zezhi.

Qin Jiu, “Sob sob sob…golden thighs!”

Gu Zezhi, “I’ll let you hug them.” The regent of the dynasty had a fierce reputation of great power and heartless killings. Many people hated him, feared him, and wanted him dead. Then, one day, someone saw the infamously fierce regent holding a little girl in his arms with a pampering expresion. Gu Zezhi kissed her hair and spoke in a gentle voice. “You can get rid of anyone you want. I’m here.”

NUF LINK:-
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-cannon-fodder-and-villains-happy-ending/

Spoiler plssss this looks really interesting

2. Ahmya

Ahmya mammiyaah~

Reading List:
    Link
  3. adyaa

adyaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Will read the raws for this too lol

Dragon_Reader and Aquaa like this.
  4. Pachia320

Pachia320 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly...I’m just way into these romance novels and dramas lately..I have fallen for Han Shou, Dr Zhou and Ding Yu Xi... (I’ll check it out)

Mandyj likes this.
  5. Aquaa

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone?

6. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
    Mandyj likes this.
  7. Aquaa

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone?

8. fancytofu

fancytofu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm at around chapter 45 (out of 145) and I feel a lot of things have happened already. It's pure MTL, so I might've gotten some things wrong.

MC meets ML pretty early in the story. They meet as she's trying to escape her adopted family (the Li's) from the countryside. Her plan was to avoid the main plotline and just live away from the capital and never take back her identity.

As she's setting up her travel plans, an injured ML sneaks in to her room at an inn and hides in a closet(?). When she notices blood on the floor he threatens her life. They eventually negotiate and she agrees to take with her to this new city and their cover story will be that they're siblings. Someone is chasing after ML and I think it's either his dad or his brother? It was unclear.

They end up travelling for ~3 days and she calls him big brother and will call him that for the rest of the novel (much to the annoyance of her actual older brother)

On their way to the new city she keeps getting nightmares about being shot by an arrow (how the original host dies in the novel) and realizes that she'll probably never get rid of these nightmares unless she goes along with the plot. So her new plan is to go to the capital city but try to make it clear to the FL that she's not trying to start trouble. Of course, FL still hates her so that plan is shot.

Then the story progresses in the stereotypical fashion with all the normal tropes (at least so far)

Something cute that happens, while they're traveling, MC gets really distracted by her nightmares and her recollection of the plot. Her face keeps changing and she's pretty out of it so the ML being funny stuffs snacks in her mouth and since she's not paying attention, she just eats it and ML thinks it's amusing.
    It's comes up again at one of the noble lady's party. She finds out the ML's identity as the cousin of the Emperor. Not sure exactly how they're related, but ML and the royal family have the same surname and the O!ML calls him uncle.
    Anyway, while she's in her own mind processing that this 'older brother' of hers is a pretty important person but more importantly the end villain of the novel, he realizes she's out of it again and stuffs a grape in her mouth. She then eats it unknowingly and then snaps out of it.

I can keep going if you'd like, but so far it's a pretty fun novel. Nothing too complex yet. Pretty fluffy as far as these novels go.

9. elparis

elparis [Panda Warrior]

Reading List:
    Link
    do you have more spoilers on the origFL and the mc's family?

kawaii12345 likes this.
  10. Yukari_me

Yukari_me I Gotta Put Me First

Reading List:
    Link
    ngl, but is there more moments like that where u can spoil more? :aww::blobjoy:

michoux likes this.
  11. Deleted member 265239

Deleted member 265239 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
  12. fancytofu

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't seen origFL's family since the beginning, but they might show up again. I'm still pretty early on but o!FL's mom was a servant of MC's family. They purposefully switched the girls when they were four years old. At first o!FL didn't know about it, but since this is her rebirth, she knew about the switch.
    In her first lifetime, o!FL and her family get exiled as criminals as soon as MC's family finds out about the switch since o!FL was just mediocre. After her rebirth, she becomes the perfect young lady and so MC's family really likes o!FL. In the new lifetime o!FL's family panic when MC escapes and they fear that she'll go complain to the officials about the switching. At the time they were trying to force MC to marry the county magistrate's son who was a fool in exchange for something (power, money, not sure, but the generic stuff) and when MC escapes, the family has to own up to the matchmaker. The matchmaker gets mad and they kill her and then they're on the run.

So far o!FL hasn't made any contact with them, but now she's in a worse position. In the first life, she was a daughter of servants who betrayed their master, now she's a daughter of murderers.

I expect they'll eventually show up and cause some ruckus.

---
    For MC's family, the Qins: when she was born the family was put in exile which is why they sent her away, thinking that if the family dies in exile at least they will have someone carry on their blood. While in exile MC's parents conceives and gives birth to a little brother and then they die at some point.They were from the first household so the Marquis title passes from her grandfather to her second uncle. There are some politics here but the translations are weird--it seems like the second household is concerned that they can't keep the Marquis title because it should technically pass to MC's brother.
    Grandma Qin isn't a terrible person, but because o!FL grew up in the house, she's partial to o!FL.
    2nd Uncle likes o!FL because they see her as valuable since she's engaged to the 2nd Prince.
    2nd Aunt (Su Shi) does not like anyone from the first household. It seems she never got along with MC's mom (Wei Shi -- not really sure her first name, but she's the younger daughter of the Wei family).
    When MC comes back to the family, they decide not to kick o!FL out. Instead they have 2nd Uncle adopt her. 2nd aunt isn't very happy with that but reluctantly accepts because it'll be nice to have a daughter of their 2nd household be a wangfei. They also support 2nd prince so if he becomes emperor, they'll be the emperor's in-laws

MC's older brother is super protective of MC and he's the only one who really sticks up for her in both lifetimes. He also really hates o!FL after knowing the switch was intentional and that even o!FL knew about it but didn't say anything. MC was beaten everyday by the Li family so it breaks his heart.
    MC's little bro is kind of a brat (12yrs old) and at first prefers o!FL but eventually comes to like MC

MC's maternal aunt is Empress Wei. She's the one that 'found' MC in the current lifetime and restores her identity. Empress Wei really likes and protects MC. I'm not sure what happened with the rest of Wei family though. MC rescues Empress Wei's son from a pond (schemed by 2nd Prince) in the city she tries to settle down in after traveling with ML. That's how she meets and the Empress notices how very similar MC looks to her dead younger sister and investigates.

:sweating_profusely: that was a lot. I can go into more detail on the dynamics as I've seen so far. There was already court drama like the first 20 chapters lol

As far as current status of o!FL and o!ML--
    O!ML is very in love with o!FL so no love triangle there. But there was a fake taoist nun that the dowager empress really liked and she was prescribing medicine that was poisoning the emperor. The court finds out about it and sentences the nun to jail. Turns out o!FL was the one that introduced the nun to the dowager empress and some other shady stuff (it's actually pretty bad and very sad). Empress dowager finds out o!FL's role in this whole thing and they demote her from future-princess consort of 2nd prince to just a concubine.

:hmm: looking back on this, so much was established in the first 30 chapters alone.... And even romance progressed. The author is very efficient

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  13. fancytofu

Reading List:
    Link
    There hasn't been one that is too obvious, but after their initial traveling, ML really dotes on MC.
    There was a rival country's prince that liked MC and tried to pressure her into marrying him by confessing on the streets where the public can hear them. It was a way to trap her but ML rescues her by dropping his fan on the prince. MC picks it up, takes the opportunity to escape by running towards ML and is very much like "Golden Thigh that lives longer than her original host body? Better hug it to survive!". She keeps being 'annoyed' by ML and thinks about how to shake him off, but she doesn't realize that she has a lot of fun when she's with him.

After she runs away with the ML, he asks how she feels and she says something along the lines of "i want to throw a sack over him and punch him". At the end of the day, he does just that. He makes his guards blindfold the foreign prince and lets MC kicks/punch the prince. ML is like, whoa, didn't actually think she'd do that, but he's amused that she does. (This is a cute point because MC's lil bro is like, why does ML keep hanging around MC, he probably doesn't know MC is violent--when in reality ML was the first one to know lol)

After she beats the foreign prince up, she gets dust all over her face and he gives her his handkerchief to wipe it off. She misses some spots, cue ML wiping it for her. She then wipes her hands with the 'kerchief, then puts it in her pocket and tells him, "I'll return it to you after washing it". ML's about to stop her thinking, "Does she know what taking a man's handkerchief mean?" but eventually lets her go

Her maid finds out way later about this on their way to a hunting party and is like ":sweating_profusely: do people from the countryside not know what this means?"
    Turns out that ladies would give their handkerchiefs to the men they like and if a woman accepts a handkerchief, they're accepting a man's feelings.

When MC finds out: :blobfearful::blobfearful:

She tries to give it back to him but doesn't see him for 2-3 days. When she *does* see him, he casually asks for it back but she's forgotten it in her tent. He's just like, "eh well, you can keep it." Her maid is in the background like :hmm::hmm:

That's pretty much where I'm at. During the hunting party, ML shows off his skills and fights a bear and MC is very :aww: <-- at least that's what I'm imagining. She's actually like, eh, ML is supposed to be end-villain, he won't ever die and he's probably max OP at everything. He sees her looking at him like his own personal cheerleader though.

He does other little things like indicates to her that she can beat anyone up and he'll cover for her. So far she's beaten up the foreign prince and some minor princess. If there is other fluff in the future chapters i'll be sure to post about it

14. Cuddles You

Cuddles You Eternal East Wind

Reading List:
    Link
  15. Yukari_me

Yukari_me I Gotta Put Me First

Reading List:
    Link
    Thats... that’s adorable :blobpats::blobpats: tysm! :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::justabotheart:

elparis likes this.
  16. elparis

elparis [Panda Warrior]

Reading List:
    Link
    will the mc finally get rid of the death flag? like is the origFL going to have conflict with the MC? will anyone in the QIN family have retribution?

LokaLari likes this.
  17. Jennifere12511

Jennifere12511 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_pompom:@elparis
    Qin Xin (fake daughter)- at the end she was removed from the Qin family book and later was sent to prison (I think she died since she wasn’t mentioned again)
    Qin Zhuan(spelling is wrong? the uncle)- he supported the second prince and gets his Qin title removed and exhiled
    Su- something (the aunt)- I believe she gets divorced and exhile, she ended up hating her husband; they live in the same town so they are are always fighting

they have a cute daughter :aww::blob_pompom:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
  18. Jennifere12511

Jennifere12511 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Another spoiler
    so one of the villains is king Yu and his family; he is the half brother of the current emperor. He wants to take back the kingdom and his mother back. However their plan goes up in flames literally since Gu Yi (king Yu son accidentally burn his grandmother alive) later he tries working with our male leads half brother too but gets defeated by our ML. He dies by execution (this part had me fear our ML intelligence since he help the emperor kill King Yu but made it seem that it was the old emperor who wanted him dead for breaking his promise when he was dying

it’s the half brother of our ML. He was always jealous of him. He and his mother tried to kill our ML mother but was discovered by our FL so our ML paid him back by using the same way he tried to use to kill his mom. This made the half brother weak and made him cough up blood when he gets angry. Our ML made him believe that the person who is trying to kill him is their father so he could give our ML the heir spot. So he decided to work with King Yu to kill his father and brother. Later half brother goes to battle with the dad and tries to kill the dad showing his true colors. Devastating the dad since the dad always loved him and supported him. ML arrives and defeats him and his army. ML then takes Half brother to prison and confessed that the person who was getting him sick was actually him and not the father. And it was ML plant to make him believe that the father didn’t want him as a heir anymore. Half brother starts shouting that it was ML who was plan this whole thing out but the dad already lost his faith in half brother since he always targeted our ML so the dad personally executed the half brother
    so when our FL and ML got married they went to visit the dad to give greetings and FL face slap her by refusing to give her tea and serving her. Say that she was just a mistress not the main wife and her mother-in-law is ML mom. The lady tried to act as if she was wrong but it cause the father to scold her instead
    he get his d*ck cut off by the prince from another country. He married Qin Xin but she cheated with his cousin (the son of king Yu) he doesn’t know who the father is of the baby but he knows it’s not his. Making him more angry since she had the guts to put a green hat on him. He later get house arrest and his title taken away but before this the emperor told what happened to him to the officials. It was later mentioned that he went crazy and lost his mind thinking he is the emperor and stuff

19. elparis

elparis [Panda Warrior]

Reading List:
    Link
    @Jennifere12511 , wow the villains in this novel are crazy!
    thanks for the spoiler <3

Jennifere12511 likes this.
  20. Baby yoda_002

Baby yoda_002 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thx for spoliers :blobxd::blobxd:

Jennifere12511 likes this.