The Cheat Power of Pure Awesomeness

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by Ignorant-Aristocrat, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Ignorant-Aristocrat

Ignorant-Aristocrat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm just curious about characters who can literally overcome the laws of physics through sheer force of will (And Muscle). Got any ideas?
    People like Black Star at the end of the Soul Eater Manga where he could literally grab a laser beam and throw it back at Asura. Or Jack Rakan from Mahou Sensei Negima who could shatter dimensions and after being erased from existence, bring himself back through willpower.
    I don't mind what the source is, but I feel like it's easier to feel their awesomeness in a manga. There are so many novels that talk about a character who can break their limits and stuff and while it's cool, I feel like it's overdramatic sometimes. Just those simple moments where the character does something ridiculous without breaking a sweat that make you go like 'The hell, he can do that?'
    What I think I'm looking for are those characters who aren't just awesome, but so awesome that the fabric of reality bends to their will. But curiously, who do you think is the most awesome character out there?

2. Martialegg

Martialegg [World's most powerful Egg] [HazyPrecise's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link
    All Xuanhuan and Xianxia would eventually touch the level of controlling the natural law.
    Just like in Coiling Dragon, when the magician or the warrior reach the saint realm, their senses could finally touch the fundamental laws of physics. They can interact and understand how their martial arts or spells work with the fabric of universe. Manipulating how the natural laws work to their advantage.
    At the very peak, they can eventually create their own sets of law.

If you ask me who is the most awesome character, then I think it's Bai Xiaochun from Eternal Will. I won't speak much to avoid spoiler, but essentially at the very end of the book, he is basically beyond God. Creating laws, life, and universe from scratch are the least of what he could do.

3. JIKI

JIKI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    one punch-man
    Mashle: Magic and Muscles

anime:
    tengen toppa gurren lagann

Takeru Takaishi likes this.
  4. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    The scholarly sage

5. Toralk

Toralk Certified Grouch

Reading List:
    Link
    This is from Chapter 88 of A Wild Last Boss Appeared, it's one of my favorite scenes ever.
    Just as he was feeling reassured, from behind Ruphas came rushing a torrent of water as if it was trying to swallow everything in its path.
    It seemed it had already reached this point as they were talking.
    In the heat of the moment, Sei almost tried to shout, “It’s dangerous!”
    However, that did not occur, and above all, even before he could shout out loud, Ruphas had already moved into action.
    She grabbed the nape of a young girl with blue hair and evacuated her from the line of fire.
    And without a moment of delay, as if she was sweeping away a fly, she thrust her palm forward.
    Surprisingly, when she did so, the torrent of water which had already came rushing right in front of them dispersed away. Additionally, due to the pressure from the fist, the torrent was blown far away.

“!? !!?”

– Water, which was supposed to have been invulnerable to physical attacks, was blown away!?
    Physics, natural law, and everything else was all irrelevant. Overwhelming power and level itself became the law.
    As if such an unreasonable thing was being stated, Sei’s mouth dropped wide open and he thought for a moment.
    I take back what I just said. Ruphas is definitely a scary person.

Korleone and Tpst like this.
  6. Reak

Reak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yogiri Takatou from Instant Death