LCD The Desolate Era

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by JJ, Nov 4, 2015.

1. My Pen is Mightier Than Swords

My Pen is Mightier Than Swords ["Questioning the firmament"]

Reading List:
    Link
    But that's not the point, if someone ran over a family member of yours got our and was like stop crying I'll pay for the surgery and you'll be good as new so there's no need for all this hubbub, would you just take it face value. I'm not saying that Nings action was justified, I mean he could really learn to reign his anger considering the immense war potential the other party has. However I can sort of sympathize with him since he's been through all of this and now he has the guy responsible in his grasp.

Viola likes this.
  2. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow we're so close to ending. Only 3 chapters to go:blobdizzy:

3. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't it 1 chapter to go that is 4-5 times longer than a normal chapter?

Arcturus and Blitz like this.
  4. Blitz

Reading List:
    Link
    wait even if that chapters long it seems way too rushed.

5. Druuj

Druuj Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbh the real question here is how the mengmeng ending will fit in 1 chapter since there is no foreshadowing like previous IET novels. Or if there isn't a mengmeng ending here.

And really, Yu Wei Waifu. The motivation to excellency will be remembered for some paragraphs. Even the early years fling, Ninelotus may have gotten more screen-time in the last books.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  6. Blitz

Reading List:
    Link
    There's no relation to ST or CD. Ren confirmed that long ago~

7. Waaazzap

Waaazzap Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's even worse, he isn't even paying for the surgery.

8. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on how IET wants to finish the novel but from what I think can happen I see this being rushed no matter what.

Blitz likes this.
  9. Blitz

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup same.
    Maybe a random powerupp for ning to surpass chaoslord.

10. ahsankhan

ahsankhan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When will the chapter be put up

11. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Unknown. Possibly tomorrow? Or maybe later if the whole super-length has him delay it.

Viola and ahsankhan like this.
  12. GenericName

GenericName Generic Title

Reading List:
    Link
    Ning is in his Chaosverse now near omnipotent.
    A other chaos lord would be heavily suppressed to the point where he can be killed by a native chaos lord.

13. My Pen is Mightier Than Swords

My Pen is Mightier Than Swords ["Questioning the firmament"]

Reading List:
    Link
    That's true but that other chaps Lord would be able to stall Ning while his Omega and source walker emperors go and attack the weaker ones.

14. GenericName

GenericName Generic Title

Reading List:
    Link
    He can't ?
    Ning could already before operate a avatar and his mainbody and fight with both.
    Now he can fight have a avatar and control the chaos verse.
    Like making others near unable to move etc.

15. Mr_Magika

Mr_Magika Big oof

Reading List:
    Link
    Ning could just stay in his chaosverse and the Sithe Chaoslord couldn't do anything about it. Now that he's in control of it, it doesn't matter how many Omega Emperors the Sithe send in, they'll all die in a blink of an eye. The Sithe Chaoslord wouldn't dare enter Ning's chaosverse or he would be suppressed and Ning would easily steamroll him. The only way for him to kill Ning is if they fought in the Infinite void which Ning has no need to go to yet. The Sithe chaosverse not only lost 30% of its quintessence, it lost a bunch of exalts, sourcewalker autarchs and even an omega autarch, and Ning's verse absorbed it all. The Sithe verse is weakened greatly, so there is no reason Ning needs to fear the Sithe anymore.

VinnyOni1 likes this.
  16. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    There has been no stated way to at all challenge the might of a Chaos Lord in his own Chaosverse. They are un-killable within. The only time they can be killed is when they are battling in the void or if they are stupid enough to enter another Chaosverse. I would presume this is the reason why the Sithe Lord of Chaos only left his Avatar in the Void and not his True Body.

The only way i see for Lords of Chaos to fight right now is by:

- Fighting themselves in the Void where neither party holds the overwhelming home field advantage.
    - Fighting by proxy in the Void. (Send in the Soldiers to fight eachother)
    - Fighting by acquisition of resources. (Battling for control of other Chaosverses)

Unless IET pulls some real last minute crap power up, both Ning and The Sithe are and forever will be at a generally equal level of power where they can't really do anything to each other. The only work around i could even guess at right now is if one side controls the other 7 stated Chaosverses, then perhaps there would be some way to oust or kill a Chaos Lord but that's only a guess. The novel hasn't backed that up yet.

17. HappyHavak

HappyHavak The Laughing Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    It also points out that as ning is a sword cultivator, his battle power will always be above other lords of chaos who don't have combat specific daos.

18. Absoloot

Absoloot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The idea of sparring Iyerre is laughable. There's no way Ning would spare him. Everyone treating his compatriots like video game characters while Ning is the player. "They can resurrect, no biggie". Except the whole story has been about how Ning values human relationships so much he became an Omega Emperor to resurrect his wife. You think he can just let it go because the consequences became reversible? Not a chance.

19. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea that is true. But the difference isn't enough to dummy opponents at the exact same level of insight. Each have their own specialties that they rely on for an advantage.

Even if Ning's Dao is stronger offensively than the Sithe's Lord of Chaos. The Sithe Lord of Chaos still has a huge head start against Ning as far as creating and refining techniques go. If they were to fight in the Void right now i would expect Ning to be handily defeated but not killed.

VinnyOni1 likes this.
  20. VinnyOni1

VinnyOni1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Killing Iyerre strenghten Ning's chaosverse and weakened the Sithe Chaoslord's verse by 100 autarch worth of power. Ning definitely shouldn't pass on that chance. Why pass up the chance to both greatly weaken your enemy and strengthen yourself? Also it's war. You don't give back your enemy's greatest weapon simply because they asked.

Iyerre and the Sithe Chaoslord are the only ones remotely capable of threatening Ning while NIng is in his own chaosverse. Iyerre can't be revived (well recreated since they don't really revive but create a copy based off their truesoul) and the Sithe Chaoslord wouldn't dare leave his home so they pose no danger to Ning now without a free Omega Autarch.

Edit: From what the novel says the sithe didn't do any big invasions of other chaosverse except for Ning because the rest are all stronger than Ning's. So with the absorbed power from the slain sithe cultivators NIng chaosverse should be at a close level of power to sithe.

Meaning a stalemate if they fought it out. I still think the sithe would have an overall advantage because though Ning omega autarch dao is combat centered, it is the sword dao, so it's an individual fighting oriented dao. I think the sithe's is an omega artificing/formations one which would is good for group fights so in the group fight to end all group fights (chaosverse vs chaosverse) the sithe are better suited. Also brute force (swords) have had a problem defeating similar level formations as them (only by having vastly higher insight or power has brute force won)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018