LCD The Desolate Era

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by JJ, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Sena

Sena Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I might be forgetting something, but I'm not sure what the Sithe were waiting for all this time. Imagine if Iyerre had just popped in with his army out of nowhere, and immediately used the Annihilation Hive and Grasslands World and temple formations before the cultivators even knew what was happening. Could the Autarchs back then, with no preparations and no understanding of Sithe artefacts/formations, have really done anything to defend themselves?

Instead, after putting partial effort into the first war and pretending to lose, they sat and waited until the last second, when the cultivators produced an Eternal Omega Dao and were at the verge of being untouchable.

2. VinnyOni1

VinnyOni1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think they had all those things in the first war. I know the temple they said he spent the years after the first war creating.

But I agree he could have finished the job. From what we can see without Ning the autarch's are easily killed by Iyerre so he could have ended the war back then all by himself. Iyerre didn't even need the other sithe since after killing the autarch's he could leisurely wipe out realmverses (to borrow from the novel) with a wave of his hand. The only thing I can think of is the power issue. Maybe he ran low and needed time to refuel. Well, there's also the fact the novel needed a plot... lol

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  3. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    Ding Ding Ding. We Have A Winner!!!

VinnyOni1 likes this.
  4. negritis

negritis The Mathematician

Reading List:
    Link
    the question is the "quality" of his base dao

like Space < Spacetime or Wind vs fused Wind/Thunder ....

5. negritis

Reading List:
    Link
    i'm still 2,5 books behind but knowing the end is coming (and that i skimmed through some chapters)

btw revive time incoming, lets see whom should be revived:
    - Yu Wei
    - 3Lives
    - other fallen comrades in the 3realms war (Houyi....)
    - World God Northrest
    - the guy who turned into stone before Solesky found him
    - Greyjoy who died
    - the first disciple of the guy who gave him the life saving seal
    - the fallen autharcs

anyone i'm missing?

edit: i'm not sure if Allgod can be revived or not

6. VinnyOni1

Reading List:
    Link
    From the novel it seems power level is still more important (in this case the strength of the realmverse)

Edit: All daos at the same level are basically the same level of power. (Of course they have they strong suits). The deciding factor, unless the realmverses are similar levels of power, is the power disparity of the realmverse.

Anyone who isn't an omega autarch can be revived by Ning. Regardless of the state of their death.

7. negritis

Reading List:
    Link
    inside their own chaosverse yes
    but outside in the void i would guess that the quality of their own dao matters a lot
    ofc "preparation" counts too

8. VinnyOni1

Reading List:
    Link
    The quality is the same. The novel just said all daos are the same level of power at their realm. Unless you mean how they use it. In which case the sithe chaoslord dao seems to be suited for group battles (formations/artificing) while Ning's is essentially an individual fighting dao that can be adapted for group fights. Outside in the void (without the suppressive effect of the other's realmverse) the strength of their verse still comes into play because the realm strengthens their omega autarch dao.

9. negritis

Reading List:
    Link
    no not all daos are at the same level of power thats why i listed some

Spacetime is above space or time, so if an omega emperor of space becomes omega autharch
    an omega autarch of the spacetime should be superior to him

10. Mortal Sage

Mortal Sage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Sithe Chaoslord should've told Lyerre to kill himself the moment he saw the chaosverse change so that Lyerre soul or whatever would go back to the Sithe chaosverse instead of just watching him get shit on like an idiot.

11. Saitama.sensei

Saitama.sensei [[xiantian lifeform]]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, that’s all folks! *munches on a carrot*

12. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha all this dao terminology seems too convoluted. I got tired of them early. It's just a fancy way of saying he got more ridiculously overpowered.
    Was considering revisiting this since it gets completed today but I doubt it. I stopped around chapter 20 over a year ago since the story was too hard to stomach. I couldn't suspend my disbelief to the required omega dao level haha

13. negritis

Reading List:
    Link
  14. My Pen is Mightier Than Swords

My Pen is Mightier Than Swords ["Questioning the firmament"]

Reading List:
    Link
    And you're here in a thread, that discusses said novel in a somewhat positive manner, talking about a novel you don't like because....

Blitz likes this.
  15. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I never said I don't like the novel.
    Besides I found the conversation between those on this thread interesting.
    It is odd how some people throw a fit if a critical opinion is given on novels they don't like.
    There is no rule that says I must give positive opinion on the novel on the LCD, it's an open community. A free " country".
    Weird

16. VinnyOni1

Reading List:
    Link
    I think they just found it weird you came in a latest discussion thread saying you dropped the novel at it's beginning when we are currently at its end. I feel complaints with something earlier in the novel are suit as a tie-in with a current chapter discussion (worded that weird but I hope my meaning got across) or in the review section.

That being said I see the validity of you commenting and get why you still read the thread. I, for instance, dropped "Overgeared" in the 200s chapters but I still read the thread because I like the discussions there.

Wujigege likes this.
  17. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Fair enough. I was coming to truncate my post when I saw yours.
    I prefer reading completed novels. The jargon was amusing hence why I posted on the thread. I also wanted to confirm that it was completed.
    The comments by readers here on hear validated my reason for dropping the novel and I don't intend to revisit it.
    To each his own
    I still recommend Overgeared to people even though I dropped it.
    Best of luck to you

18. AardwarkThe2nd

AardwarkThe2nd (R-18 writer) Aardwark, the king of aardvarks!

Reading List:
    Link
  19. My Pen is Mightier Than Swords

My Pen is Mightier Than Swords ["Questioning the firmament"]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I'm sorry not understanding what you meant by it, it seemed as if you were coming across as a somewhat elitist for not wasting time on the novel, but no one here is throwing a fit on criticising the novel if anything the novel has a lot of parts that despretly needs polishing and fixing. However coming close to the end of a novel and saying that unlike other people who wasted their time reading the novel, you had the foresight not to does come across as off don't you think.

20. LilNut

LilNut Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is ended mate, it's finished around 1 or 2 books ago, I don't really remember

True King Kettle likes this.