LCD The Devil's Cage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Overclock, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Haiku575

Haiku575 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's so good! I vaguely remember in the beginning them mentioning he got into it for the money because he's sick/dying and needs to pay for treatment. They haven't really touched on that lately.

But honestly what's going on in-game is so interesting, including the stuff going on between players.

I'm kind of bummed he couldn't get the skill books he needed with that last trade with the broker, and I'm looking forward to him going back to that world he trained some alchemy in.

pcheshire likes this.
  2. NeurogamiPrime

NeurogamiPrime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    one thing i am confused on though. when he did the Shaman Special Dungeon, when he killed the main bad guy, He picked up a purple spell book off of him before he went to get the demon heart. They never tell us what the purple spell book is, and he never mentions it ever again. that and there is exactly 1 golden attribute point that the MC never used, but just dissapeared from his roster without them explaining what happened.

3. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    It boggles my mind what goes on behind the scenes at QI translation headquarters, it's quite curious...

Anyway, it already raised a big question mark for me last chapter when it said magmar instead of magma or whatever it should say.

For example, the devil's magmar arm and what not.

It really triggers me cause it's the name of a pokemon and mean literally nothing besides that. Reading magmar over and over again really make what was supposed to be a cool devil transformation (which admittedly is still cool) ruined by some goofy pokemon being mentioned all the time, especially when it's obvious that it shouldn't say that...

IRainstorm likes this.
  4. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasn't the skill book Secondary Elemental Resistance? The one he used in the game lobby that gave him damage.

pcheshire and Wujigege like this.
  5. Lil K.O

Lil K.O [Loki]

Reading List:
    Link
    I love this novel and I just wanted to ask if the are raws and if there are if someone read them and tell me if the is romance and about who is blacksmith is
    And about the witch will the mc meet her

6. Lil K.O

Lil K.O [Loki]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes it is
    after the shaman mission he does another mission where he explores ruins and gets injured in his heart by a evil crystal and system tells him they can't heal him cause he doenst have enough points so they give him an alternative by transplatine the heart in him which then gives him new powers but it has a backlash and he doenst meet the requirements so he has to pay golden points to use them

7. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its not a spoiler about the heart since were passed that in the translation. Its only anything we have yet to get to is spoilers.

8. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    'The god of "Earth" ' i'm wondering if these game 'universes' are alternate 'Earths' or if these worlds are their own entities.

Wujigege likes this.
  9. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Wonder why this is not as popular as others. Probably lack of perverted stuff so far

10. Fan2zz

Fan2zz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well unlike other Infinity genre novels, novels where you go into different worlds and get enhancements, real or virtual, the world's he enters into are original creations. For people who complain about copyrights and such it's nice, but without any fictional world's from other works there's less appeal. I read Terror Infinity only because I saw the names of famous movies in the descriptions.

Greater thunder and Wujigege like this.
  11. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    You are essentially asking for copyright infringement.
    I beg to differ. It's similar with classic Isekai. Also, they might not have been mentioned directly but Sherlock Holmes was alluded to

12. Fan2zz

Fan2zz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How is it like classic iseki? The main character isn't going to one or two worlds, but many and by some overseeing system. And apart of the infinity genre is evolution and enhancements. And your not living in the other world's permanently or for too long as you always return to a hub space. Well, Devil Cage is a loose infinity genre if at all, but more than a few people have compared works like Terror Infinity and Ultimate Evolution.

And Sherlock Homes was just a comparison as the mc had the identity of a detective in his first mission after the tutorial. It isn't a recurring thing throughout the novel.

Greater thunder likes this.
  13. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    The story is not that unique...

14. Fan2zz

Fan2zz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nothing is really 100% unique or original, but Infinity Genre is still a thing and no one really categories them as Isekai. Especially since Isekai is a Japanese terminology.

Greater thunder likes this.
  15. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    So is yaoi.
    Isn't it just a gaming novel at the end of the day ? I don't recall what infinity genre entails , please refresh my memory

16. Fan2zz

Fan2zz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No problem. Well it doesn't necessarily have to have game elements. Terror Infinity had stats, but those stats just quantified real world attributes like Muscle Density, Reaction Speed, and Immunization Strength. And the setting itself wasn't in a virtual reality while you could exchange fictional powers like Qi, Mana, and the like. Still a lot of other Infinity genre do use game elements heavily like in Ultimate Evolution, Infinity Armament, and even Devil's Cage, but those are the author choices. Even so I wouldn't call them gaming novels like The King's Avatar or Moonlight Sculptor which are just games to play.

Infinity genre is made up of three parts.

1. Having people being transported into the world of different worlds repeatedly. Movies, books, anime, and even video-games. Even original worlds. It's very common and with different results. You stay for a fixed amount of time to complete objectives rather than staying for the majority of the novel in one world like in most Isekai novels.

2. The second part is based on mutation and evolution of people. Be it by an deity, an alien, mad scientist or any other cause. Basically the system forces evolution by their definition. Terror Infinity uses genetics where people are forced to evolve through danger in a single generation rather than over time through multiple generations. Other works describe evolution as just power ups and adapting to danger. Depending on the work the evolution stuff can be minor. In TI it's a major plot element, but in other works it may just be called the end goal.

3. Characters are giving missions as they are sent to different worlds by the system. It's similar to Gantz where the players had objectives and would be scored and given points based on their performances. And with these points you can upgrade yourself with special powers, mutations, bloodlines, and magic items you will then use in the next mission to survive and score better. Infinity genre does take a lot from games with enhancements, so I won't argue there aren't game elements.

17. wise-old-men

wise-old-men Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Need spoilers !!!! Can't find spoiler thread of this novel :blobsad:
    can i know the chapter when MC fight the broker and boss killer ?? Will we see the witch ?? When will he be free of his sickness ?
    And thank uu :aww: /SPOILER]

18. tsundere_taichou

tsundere_taichou [Cute Demon Sect]

Reading List:
    Link
    can someone remind me when he got the feather cloak, i dont remember it being mentioned untill around chapter 280 or so

19. NeurogamiPrime

NeurogamiPrime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One thing I wish would show up in this novel is some form of dimensional storage device. the description of the character makes so little sense because he is apparently always lugging around 1 giant box on his back along with another box in his hand that is holding his greatsword, at a certain point this has to change, cause it is ridiculous.

Astaroth likes this.
  20. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    I find that kinda stupid as well. Though at the same time it's a bit funny thinking of MC whacking people with his large box...