LCD The Devil's Cage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Overclock, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh. I kind of skipped the whole thing. Going in I felt it was going to be too long and not too exciting right away
    , and there was another novel I was reading needing a lot of SS, so skipped the whole thing till the final fight.

2. Black Frost

Black Frost Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Shit was wild and definitely worth the read. Especially the lead up to and including the chapter where he was bestowed his title.

3. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    I read the chapter he got the title and the girl claiming to be his wife when he left. Also limit breaking some stats before the final battle, but that's it. Enjoy more of the game city parts than the missions, excluding the detective world and Queens Shield which I do like. Mc acts nice enough to the characters and feels like he invested sone feelings to these worlds.

4. yonell9

yonell9 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Need info.
    Can anyone tell me if he will enter a scifi dungeoun?
    I had stop at 300 plus chaps. Got interested at space scifi at that time.

5. ngheem

ngheem Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Currently at Chapter 1777 and still no sign of it.

yonell9 likes this.
  6. yonell9

yonell9 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks. So basically the scifi dungeoun info is just useless addon. Damn i was looking forward to it.

7. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    So there's one thing I don't understand why the author has to keep bringing it up as if its special. The Chosen One.

At first a Chosen One is described as just starting out the game with an higher spirit stat. And that is what it is and works in the novel, but the mc and others treat it more than that. Like being a chosen one puts you far above other players and long as you have a spirit related skill or tool, you can just beat anyone who isn't one, or weaker Chosen Ones.

If that's what it was that would be fine, but it isn't. It really is just having a higher than average spirit stat at the start. You aren't more talented than others or gain special privileges, like resisting spirit attacks of higher ranks than your own. You just have a higher spirit stat at the start of the game, and your advantages as a Chosen One is just that. It's how it actually works in the novel despite the author writing that it's otherwise, but characters and the mc are always going on about how special it is. Like people keep reacting to how the mc is like the game's savior, or that the mc himself says he's special as a Chosen One, but he isn't.

The reason the mc is so Over powered is because he has a skill that keeps raising his every stat with each rank up, various other skills that on and off rank up the Spirit stat, and the mc has heavily invest in the Spirit stat with Golden Attribute points. That's all.

I've double and triple checks and his stats at the start of the game weren't game breaking. Spirit and Intuition were F+, while the rest were just F. A one rank difference is this so called gift from God called the Chosen One. If there are cases where other players start out much higher like C, B, or even A rank Spirit than sure it's super over powered in this unbalanced game that tells you to just kill yourself if your Spirit stat is even a bit lower than your opponent, but the mc himself started out with specs that had to be the lowest caste of Chosen Ones. That's why even assuming people mistakenly believe the mc started out with a extremely high Spirit stat, the mc himself should know that he wasn't special at all.

Edit: I do recall that because of his chosen one status his limit break template only limited his growth in Spirit at SSS+, where as other stats were capped at S- I think, but it really doesn't make being a Chosen One that special.

8. Black Frost

Reading List:
    Link
    Read all of this and either you're not really paying attention or at some point was definitely skimming chapters and didn't get the answer for your question. The increased Spirit stat makes a player a Chosen One but it's only relevant if the spirit stat continues being much higher than the average a time progresses. The increased Spirit stat is just like any other stat that is much higher than the other in that it allows one to excel in their field but is more important as enemies become god-like beings and auras start coming into play. Kieran happens to have skills and equipment that take advantage of his Spirit attribute but even without those, it would still be an invaluable asset against others. The high spirit attribute allows him to defend against auras that quite literally are game changers in the fact that they can even prevent you from moving which would almost be considered a GG no re. It also allows him to project auras in various forms which we've seen him do with his Killing Aura/Intent against the God of Wealth in the last iteration of [The Shaman's Power]. We're still only seeing the surface level pros of the Spirit attribute but essentially, his current success can be attributed to him having a Spirit attribute high enough that allow him to actually interact with these OP beings without too many disadvantages in order to finish his dungeon runs with such high scores. We can assume that other Chosen One's with similar attributes also relied on this very thing to get ahead of the pack so to speak.

9. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    I know the Spirit stat is important. That's not the issue at all in my comment if you read it. It's the idea that the mc is strong only because he's a Chosen One, and as I said he must have been the lowest tier Chosen One as he started with only a one rank difference from the other stats that were F. It's his various skills, items, and priority in raising the Spirit stat is why he's strong, not because he was a chosen one. The novel would have been the same even if he wasn't one.

Or are you saying it's been said in the novel if a non chosen one had the same Spirit stat of as the mc, the mc can still overwhelm him with his Spirit stat, or that even with the same high Spirit stat a non chosen one can't resist an enemy the mc can with his spirit? I've never seen a system notification that acknowledges the concept of a Chosen One.

In my previous comment I did acknowledge that having a high Spirit stat is good in this unbalanced game. It's just that the mc isn't special because of that with he is a Chosen one, or giving him any special advantage that isn't because of his hard work.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  10. Black Frost

Reading List:
    Link
    Simply put, the Spirit Attribute is the hardest to increase. Its actually been stated closer to be beginning of the novel. Non-Chosen Ones don't have relatively high spirit stats period. Of course, they'll raise it over time but will never have it be one of their main stats since it's so difficult to raise without Golden Attribute points. From what we've seen, Chosen Ones end up encountering skills that allow them to raise their Spirit Attribute without the sole use of Golden Attribute points which is what lets them get ahead. You'd only get such skills as rewards for doing really well in dungeons since they're so high tier or by playing the game better than others. For Kieran, this would be his [Knights of Dawn Body Tempering Art]. Additionally, if someone else had gotten the skill, the Spirit Attribute may not have been what got boosted as he just so happened to be bestowed with the authentication that boosts spirit. Someone else may have gotten speed or strength.

11. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    This is off topic, but has the mc ever gotten more than average exploration in any of his dungeon ratings?

12. Black Frost

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, there’s been so many dungeons that I can’t remember. If he did it might have been for something like The Shaman’s Partner 2 or 3.

13. Fan2zz

Fan2zz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it was hinted that the killer group leader was going to enter the title dungeon mission. Has he appeared yet and what chapter?

14. ngheem

ngheem Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd like to announce that the Raw was completed yesterday with 1851 chapter while leaving many questions unanswered. The ending is kinda anti-climatic also.

Astaroth, IRainstorm and Black Frost like this.
  15. Ophious

Ophious Pathfinder kinda fun

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait so I'm kinda confused about something, why'd MC and starbeck need to enter the shaman/primordial invasion special dungeon together(Don't remember which one the naveya city is from)? I might have missed a chapter but I'm not sure, they were talking about how the broker had ways to force the special title dungeon counter to increase but adter that i was confused

16. Black Frost

Reading List:
    Link
    It was in order for them to not only gain some benefits and get stronger from a dungeon run before facing Broker but also to hasten the counter in an attempts to cause Broker to stumble. This is because Broker was increasing the countdown on his own terms but his plans would be affected if they intervened even the tinniest bit.

Astaroth and Ophious like this.
  17. Ophious

Ophious Pathfinder kinda fun

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, thanks that cleared it up more, I was honestly quite confused on what was going on for a bit

18. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Does he ever get cured?:p

19. IRainstorm

IRainstorm Dark Sect Ancestor

Reading List:
    Link
    Predictable, the author's story foundation was very unstable but he has some good qualities, if he learned from it and improved for his next story it would be nice, but that rarely happen and the author has had years for it already which lower the chances even more :/

Astaroth likes this.
  20. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    Fuck the author. Just fuck him. I was reading the raws but the latest two arcs were boring as shit so I decided to take a break. Today, I discover this fucking author ended his novel out of the blue a few weeks ago. This is bullshit.

I read the afterwards which said he was sick and needed rest, but instead of going on hiatus or writing at a slower pace this fucking author ends his novel. Damn, I read a novel one year ago who did the same thing, but he only wrote 300+ chapters. This guy wrote close to 2000 chapters and did the same. God damn author is a fucking troll! He can go straight to hell!

And in his afterwards he says to wait for his next work, but fuck that. I'm not investing my time or money (Spirit Stones on Wennovel) on any of his future shit.

Fan2zz likes this.