Spoiler The Dreamer in the Spring Boudoir

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Alina Moktan, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Shimozuki Yue

Shimozuki Yue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where did the second Prince came from? He's like a mushroom that sprout out in the middle just to snack things. If he become the emperor then what about the crown prince and the third prince?

It's kinda disturbing that the ML have a son with another woman. And also disturbing that the real NSY reincarnated as their daughter. It's like someone who have a crush on you and married you is suddenly your actual daughter. And how did they know?

I know this is not a fluffy novel but can I have some scene where ML is courting the MC to come back? Or ML being heartbroken with the fact that MC is not in love with him?

Elliana, astaterix and Fuyuneko like this.
  2. Shimozuki Yue

Shimozuki Yue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh also I do think that while westerns are quite liberated, people in Asian is still quiet conservative. This is totally based on experience and personal opinion.

It's totally normal for a 20yrs old to be a virgin. I have a group of childhood friends and were all female. Out of the 8 of us, only three, including me had a boyfriend. The rest never had any and where already in our early twenty. And in my circle, there's a lot of people from their twenties to early thirties that are not only haven't married yet but also single.

3. crimsoniv0j

crimsoniv0j Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok... So did JiMan go back to modern world?

4. iampheng

iampheng Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like Wen Wan is a really spoiled and kinda ignorant young woman. Perhaps, I am old (and jaded, lol), so I don't believe in maintaining relationships like the one NYX has with her. That is, one where I must always coax the other person and clean up after their mistakes. Of course, I'm not saying I like NYX... in fact, I quite dislike him and am looking forward to his comeuppance. Thinking about it, none of the characters in the novel are that great, even Ji Man hahaha. They all seem just really human, just some incomparably more annoying than others.

5. autumnscarf

autumnscarf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The entire novel is an exercise in 'why teenagers really shouldn't get married' and 'why you should educate your youth, including the girls'. Also 'why the harem system really sucks'.

Some men like high maintenance women, and honestly I can KIND OF see things from Wen Wan's perspective. NYX fell hard and kicked Nie Sangyu to the curb over her, so I get why Wen Wan went all WTF over NYX bringing back another concubine. She had raised expectations from the way she entered the household, NYX had spoiled her plenty before she married in, and she's very clearly practiced at getting what she wants with a flutter of the eyelashes. Throw in that Wen Wan was being actively sabotaged by others in the household (including her MIL and Ji Man but probably not limited to just them) and it's not that strange for her to devolve the way she did. Moreover, she's kind of a cockroach in that no matter what happens, nothing actually delivers a killing blow to her.

I could 100% see this story being very sympathetic if it was written from Wen Wan's POV. From Wen Wan's POV, she fell for a man who doesn't love her the way she thought he did, she became stuck in his household after marrying in, his concubines and mother are out to get her, and her own husband rubber-stamped her miscarriage. Because she couldn't bear the pressure inside the household, she started seeking friends outside the household to help her father stabilize his position, only for one of the guys to be a complete moron about it, and for her to end up being blamed for a situation that should have been settled internally in another household.

NYX became financially responsible for the women he had married into his harem and those women don't get any other options than to stay where they are and take the shit they're served up on a plate. This is why modern life where you're expected to earn your own livelihood and have the ability to walk away is so much better! But you can't apply that to ancient lifestyles because there just wasn't that much wealth to go around.

TBH. This last sentiment is why I stopped reading this novel. I really didn't want NYX to get a happy ending.

6. Guang_bao21

Guang_bao21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, it’s very normal for a girl before marriage to be virgin. The gist is the girl will give her virginity to her husband. Although some still married but some couple break up without being married. And yeah literally you got a woman that not virgin. Whereas if both of them not virgin anymore that’s can happen too. Well it’s a very conservative thinking but not bad. Almost like in old times between a good(not white lotus) young master and young miss.

Elliana and astaterix like this.
  7. iampheng

iampheng Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    re: previous topic thread on sex and marriage---I think it's better to do as one poster did and just speak of your own experiences. As Asia is the most populated continent on Earth, it's not convincing to draw arguments along lines of Asia versus the West, especially in contemporary times.

Now my real point is...I'm upset for Luo Qianqian and hope that this marks a downward spiral for Wen Wan and NYX. They are both just so unlikable.

Fuyuneko likes this.
  8. Guang_bao21

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup for a moment but she decided to go back to the ancient times

9. Elv

Elv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are a few stories with abusive ML’s here on novelupdate. Besides being manipulative and doing things for his own benefits, he at least do not bring any physical harm to the MC besides seeing her as a chess piece.

kurohamukami and Fulminata like this.
  10. Guang_bao21

Reading List:
    Link
    Fuyuneko likes this.
  11. Leilacus

Leilacus Zzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    What happens to Qian Lianxue? I'm not sure if I read the spoiler about her.

12. Guang_bao21

Reading List:
    Link
    Dead

Leilacus likes this.
  13. Elv

Elv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Could you explain what leads to her death in detail, if you remember please? :)

14. Guang_bao21

Reading List:
    Link
    It still pretty far in the future, and Well someone (her master killed her). She is abandoned by ML and her master. Something like that.

Leilacus and midnight reader like this.
  15. Nyururin

Nyururin Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What kind of ending dose ning errong have?

16. bibi

bibi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happens to the old madam and Chenyu?
    Will new concubines appear?
    How does the current emperor die / abdicate?
    How many children will still be born, will someone else become pregnant and abort? In the spoilers, it seems that "only" 4 children will be born: Ji Man' doughter ans son, wen wan's daughter and other concumbine's son.

17. luckyman89

luckyman89 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone has spoilers for the current arc? I'm curious about Nie Sangyu's current schemes and results

a_b likes this.
  18. Satyaaa

Satyaaa Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When can the others know that wen wan had given birth to a girl

19. Satyaaa

Satyaaa Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    春闺梦里人. Search with this chinese name if you want raw for this novel

20. rashi

rashi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How did they find that wen wen had exchanged her daughter with someone else's son????

a_b likes this.