Spoiler The Dreamer in the Spring Boudoir

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Alina Moktan, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    Ji Man had dated and broken up with her boyfriend before she transmigrated. (Maybe, it's a cultural difference? It seems weird that in most transmigration novels, these modern girls in their 20's had never dated or kissed anyone else until the ML.) In the second half of the story after they divorce, he does get super jealous because she almost marries someone else and their power dynamic is more skewed to her. She doesn't believe in eternal love/true love and is willing to leave him if she's not happy with their relationship and tells him this.

But, I can see why people wouldn't like it for being too historically realistic.

2. femalenovelist

femalenovelist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was hoping the ML wasn’t the hubby. Now I feel I can’t read this anymore because I won’t like reading about him being with other women.

3. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    That's more reason to appreciate the author. The novel is also worth the attention, but it's really not my type right now. Maybe in 10 more years if I mature mentally...

RBJ, Elliana, Sheri_Yui_Chan and 4 others like this.
  4. iampheng

iampheng Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    (Maybe, it's a cultural difference? It seems weird that in most transmigration novels, these modern girls in their 20's had never dated or kissed anyone else until the ML.)

Yes. A part of me thinks that authors still want to create some sort of pure female lead. I mean, I'm not saying that's bad if that's how you do...but it bothers me that this seems to be a reflection of continuing patriarchal norms towards the characterization of women...even in when the premise of the story is built on something like transmigration.

@ludagad, that's fair...even 10 years from now, it would still be.

5. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    I swing both genres lol. My favorite is 1v1 with both parties as pure as driven snow, but I'm willing to read and actually like a novel like The Dreamer in the Spring Boudoir just for the realism. ML's a jerk, but at least he redeems himself by the end, which is more than I can say for maybe 90% of MLs out there in fiction.

6. Ashie

Ashie *Hides*

Reading List:
    Link
    When I peeked the raws and saw that they divorced, I thought that I was reading wrong because it was MTL :blobpats: Can you tell why did they divorce? And they remarried in the last chapters or earlier?
    Anyway thanks for all the spoilers and hard work!

lazynoodles, astaterix and Fuyuneko like this.
  7. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    Short answer that's missing a lot of detail: Nie Sangyu's entire family is branded as traitors by the second prince. He has to divorce Nie Sangyu so that his household isn't executed as part of the nine familial exterminations. He has to pretend he's loyal to the second prince to save himself, Nie Sangyu, and the rest of the people in his household.

They marry near the end of the novel, but they go back to living together before they remarry. He really has to work hard to win over Ji Man. That will take many chapters.

Edited: I just want to clarify that Ji Man knows the Ning Yuxuan isn't really betraying her. She knows the only reason she and her brother were able to escape with their lives is because of his help.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  8. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    Me too. And, I dislike how it's so common for authors to write about MC enduring overly vigorous marathon sex. If the ML really loves the other person, he would have the self-control to not make the other person bedridden for days just to satisfy his urges.

MiserableSOUL, RBJ, Elliana and 8 others like this.
  9. fvistar

fvistar Member

Reading List:
    Link
    YASSS!!! I'm so happy about that. I really really like the premise of having an MC that doesn't give a crap about the arrogant ML. I've been reading Princess Medical Doctor and it's one of the most frustrating novels out there. I'm also reading Rebirth of the Abandoned Woman which is also very frustrating. I guess I'm about going through the suffering with the MC and having the ML regret his actions later on. It's a satisfying feeling at the moment when the MLs realize they messed up and have to beg the MCs.

10. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry, I remembered that part of the second half of the story wrong. Groveling would mean that she's at least angry over his actions and willing to listen him. But after they divorce and one time skip later, she moves on. Compared to the deaths of her maiden family, her grievances towards him doesn't mean that much to her. Her goal is now to get revenge for her family and spend time with her son. He spends several chapters just trying to get her attention and totally failing.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  11. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    Short spoiler and example of why this novel might be hard to MTL

Background: After a time skip where Ning Yuxuan fakes Ji Man and her brother's death, Ji Man crossdress as a man because its easer to find a job and its safer to travel this way. She meets a pregnant girl.

The first "truth" the girl tells her is that she saw a handsome man one day. In the middle of the night, she raped him so that she could have his child. This is why she's pregnant but not married. As the readers, we accept this version of the story as the truth for a while.

The final truth is that the guy was drunk, mistakenly thought her room was his, had sex with her while drunk and not fully aware. The pregnant girl told the first story because she liked him and didn't want her father to force him to marry her.

12. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Preach, sister! I roll my eyes so hard over this one in particular. I reckon the authors are pure themselves, so their imaginations are pretty wild in that regard lol.

13. Pristine Xia

Pristine Xia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree.. but reading it from the way you said it made me feel a bit humored/funny about the idea of it pfft...:blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:

Elliana, Lianna and Fuyuneko like this.
  14. Kurobito

Kurobito 『Roommate Destroyer』『黒の大名』

Reading List:
    Link
    Wake me up.... When the groveling starts... :blobsleeping::blobsleeping::blobdead::blobconfounded:

I felt like i came too early reading this story. I shall go on hibernating for now. The angst i am getting due to ml....

15. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    In hindsight, I should have translated more chapters and waited to release the story until it reached the point where Ji Man has become used to this world and Ning Yuxuan is less hostile towards her. When I read the story, Ji Man's suffering lasted an hour of reading, so it didn't feel as angsty.

I'll know this for next time.

16. LTY

LTY Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hi, can i pls have the raw link of this novel? ☺

Fuyuneko likes this.
  17. Aquaa

Aquaa 『We Lost The Summer』

Reading List:
    Link
    The ml hurts my heart and mind ...:blobsleepless::sushi_dead:

Sheri_Yui_Chan and Miaka_Mei like this.
  18. Aguni_Erina

Aguni_Erina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ning Yu Xuan open the city gates for the 2nd prince army to take the throne which is prelude to the Nie's demise.. and itwas one of his concubine that sell Ji Man and serve as catalyst for the nine generation extermination... so i count it a betrayal.. if not for the fact that NYX did try to cover Ji Man... Ji Man or Nie Qing Yun will probably target him as well.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  19. Lianna

Lianna Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But she was at fault as well. MC's actions led to her family's downfall too... ML planned to save the Nie clan, but overestimated his capabilities in the end. He didn't harm them intentionally... If not for him, the MC, her son and her brother would have been doomed as well as the Ning clan.
    Maybe his behaviour wasn't perfect, but her wasn't as well. People tend to act stupidly sometimes. Like when he neglected Qi Silang's matter. But the MC was too lenient to her as well. She wasn't ruthless and farsighted enough to make a preemptive strike, so she had raised a tiger to cause a calamity with her own hands, and had left a handle on herself too. They were equally at fault in this matter, but they were not the main culprits, after all.

20. nenuphar

nenuphar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did he force her to live again with him before marriage ? Coz i can't understand how would she be willing to if she doesn't love him...

Elliana likes this.