Spoiler The Dreamer in the Spring Boudoir

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Alina Moktan, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    Tiny caution? And, maybe this is true for all MTL. But, some of the MTL for this novel gives off a completely wrong impression of what's happening. For example,

MTL:
     "There is a good thing after that. "The old lady after a long time to faint said such a sentence, obviously, although she likes to hold grandson, but also want to see born."

In the end is the first child of the Mo Hou, call a concubine to conceive first bosom, still be a concubine of the background not clean.

Geisha for the concubine is despised, but this mu shui is first by the prince to collect, upbringing of two years, 19 years old just love, sent into the Mo Hou Mansion.

Even if just a geisha, that is the prince inlaid with a Phnom Penh geisha, representing the meaning of the prince to stay here, the MO Hou nature is to buy. But buy to buy, also want to let her always be a concubine.

Who had thought, she unexpectedly is the first in Hou mansion bosom body. The old lady was glad to have a ghost, and she sent her daughter out, far away.

Translation:

It took a long time before old madame finally apathetically said, “It could be considered good news that our family will have a future descendant now.” It was very clear that even though she wanted a grandson, the person giving birth to the grandson was more important.

All in all, it was still Marquis Moyu’s child. It was one thing for his first child’s mother to be a concubine, but this concubine had a rather unclean background.

It would have been socially unacceptable to bring a hostess from a brothel home as a concubine, but the crown prince had taken in Mu Shuiqing first and had her trained for two years. She happened to be nineteen year old when she was sent into the marquis’s household.

Although she was only a hostess, she was a hostess that the crown prince had intentionally added to the marquis’s household. She was left here as the crown prince’s representative, so Marquis Moyu naturally had to acknowledge that her status was higher than the other concubines'.

But, acknowledging was one thing. He had planned on letting her stay as a concubine forever. Who would have expected that she would be the first woman to become pregnant in the marquis’s household?”

It would have been strange for old madame to be happy. She was longing for Mu Shuiqing to give birth to a daughter that could be sent far away.

Raw text:
      “有后了也是好事。”老夫人过了许久才淡淡说了这么一句,很显然,她虽然喜欢抱孙子,却也是要看出生的。到底是陌玉侯的第一个孩子,叫一个侍妾先怀上就算了,还是个背景不怎么干净的侍妾。

艺妓为妾是为人不齿的,然而这慕水晴却是先被太子收了去,教养了两年,十九岁的正好年华,就送进了陌玉侯府。

就算只是个艺妓,那也是被太子镶上了金边的艺妓,代表着太子的意思留在这里,陌玉侯自然是要买账的。

可是买账归买账,也就想让她一直当个侍妾就罢了。谁曾想,她竟然是侯府里第一个怀上身子的。

老夫人能高兴就有鬼了,巴不得她生个女儿出来,远远地打发了去。

In this novel, the intentions of the characters are equally important and often different from the characters' actions.

2. Emmyy

Emmyy Kadupul flower* blooms at midnight*dies at dawn

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah it always amazes me how even the software I bought isnt great.. I think what if someone had an important document to translate.lol I got the pro version too.. Thanks for your responses !

Elliana likes this.
  3. nenuphar

nenuphar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So the crown prince and later the emperor will fall in love with ji man and do everything he can to have her if i understood correctly. But i'm (trying) to read the raw and i understood that even if he had some admiration for her he didn't hesitate to kill her if needed. So how could he possibly be in love with her ? Did something happen between them ?

Elliana and Fuyuneko like this.
  4. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    At the point where he almost kills her while they're on the boat trip, he's more intrigued by her than in love with her. Later on, she gains his interest by plagiarizing a famous poem. And later after that, they have a lot of interactions while they're planning on taking down the current emperor (who used to be the second prince).

But also, just because he feels some mixture of love and lust towards her because 1) her personality and 2) she's unobtainable, it doesn't mean he wants her more than he wants the throne.

5. iampheng

iampheng Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm finally caught up after a busy 2 weeks. I think I can see where Ji Man is coming from. By that I mean when she's not hurt at all by how fake the male lead is in front of her. It sorta feels like she even feels superior to him and Wen Wan... perhaps it comes from the view that they are characters in a novel rather than being real ppl as Fuyuneko mentioned. While I still don't like ML, I find the female characters to be quite alright.

I'm pleased to read more because Ji Man is interesting.

Elliana and Fuyuneko like this.
  6. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    If Ji Man hadn't asked Ning Yuxuan to help the second prince, that prince would have never gained power.

7. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you mean this part?

And, Ji Man's thoughts in the next chapter

I thought it was pretty funny.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
  8. Dragon_Reader

Dragon_Reader Humans just don't taste as good as books \( ̄ハ ̄)

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes! And even around the middle I guess (since I MTLed I might be wrong), I think the author alludes to the fact that the cousin brother has fallen for the MC and even confesses to her?! I think it was more like a - 'I know u can never be mine but I am still telling u that I love u' kind of a confession. I think that was pretty poignant coz MC genuinely likes the cousin brother but by this time it is very clear that the ML has already claimed her and she has to accept that claim. So she is more like - 'maybe in some other lifetime'. Even at this point I wished she would just say fuck it and run off with the cousin brother but the MC is very very practical and knows that reality doesn't work this way and there will be no HEA for her with the cousin brother.

But I have MTLed only and MTL is terrible for ancient settings and xianxia settings so I might have misunderstood? Coz then the cousin brother falls for
    MC's personal servant girl
    . So not sure but yeah, I was pitching MC and cousin brother of ML together.

9. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    The cousin loves ji man even after she says she's not interested. He lies and says he's interested in that servant girl to protect ji man's reputation. The servant girl likes him and it was her idea. Ji man knows. After the end of the main story, there's several extra chapter from his POV, where I think he finally becomes interested in someone else.

Me too. For a good portion of the novel, I thought they would end up together

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
  10. nenuphar

Reading List:
    Link
    Will we have the point of view of their son ? Coz i believe he will have the time to grow during the story. What does he think of his father ? Of his mother ? And will he have difficulties because of his statue (being the son of a divorced woman) ?

Elliana likes this.
  11. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup. A little background. He was taken by an old monk when he was 5 years old in order to cure him from his poisoning (and personally, I think the old monk was lying when he said that Hao Hao (MC and ML's son) was destined to die if he stays with them. But, it's up to the readers to decide if the old monk's words are true.)

The author wrote a lot of extras for the side characters, mostly romantic fluff, except this one. One of of them was from the point of their son Hao Hao when he was sixteen years old.

Here's like 5-10% of what happens in the chapters about Hao Hao. He's been having vague dreams of Ji Man, his mom, so his old monk allows him to leave their temple to visit them. Up to this point, he's been raised as a monk, so he didn't really understand human relationships. But, as Ji Man and Ning Yuxuan's offspring, he's super smart. Instead of managing Ji Man's store or becoming an official, he spend time with a ten year old girl, who's teaching him what love means. She's only a little kid, but he takes her words very seriously. And they spend the next 6 years together. It's so fluffy and cute.

Unfortunately, after he stays there for six years, he decides to goes back to the temple. The now sixteen year old girl's heart breaks. Her parents engage her to someone else. On the day he leaves the capital, I think it's her wedding day? The chapter ends with him shaving his hair and chanting a Buddhist sutra. It felt so sad.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  12. nenuphar

Reading List:
    Link
    The jerk
    But wtf a monk ? Really ? So he is not going to inherit his father's position ? Will they have other children because it's a bit sad to have their only child growing away from them (mostly for ji man )

Elliana likes this.
  13. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    Opps, realized I didn't actually answer your other questions. He was too young when he was taken away by the old monk. Other than feeling a sense of obligation and duty towards his mother, he doesn't have any strong emotions towards his parents. Besides his family and his parent's friends and employees, he doesn't have much interactions with outsiders, so his status isn't an issue.

In the main story, there's a lot of cute interactions between 5 year old Hao Hao and Ji Man.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  14. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    He gives it a try and he very seriously listens to that girl and her explanations of human emotion and attachment, but he was raised by a monk since he was very young and isolated from other people. By the time, he has any other interactions with people beside his old master, he's already 16 years old. I think it was too late for his personality to change?

Nope, he won't be inheriting. Yes, they have a daughter and another son.

15. nenuphar

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sure it isn't like this but that old monk gives me the feeling of a dubious pervert who takes a little boy away from his parents to live all alone with him in the mountains lmao i'm calling the fbi :'D

Elliana, lazynoodles and Fuyuneko like this.
  16. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, I vaguely remember its ultimately the old monk, who tells Hao Hao, that he should leave the mountain and see the world before continuing down the path of becoming a monk officially. Of course, when Hao Hao actually says okay, the old monk hugs his leg for a bit and cries, it took so much effort to trick you from Ning Yuxuan. Don't go back.

P.s. Other people think this old monk is very wise person, who can tell foretell the future and other skills. But, Ji Man thinks he's just a talented charlatan.

17. Eis

Eis ❄❅Queen of Ice❅❄

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel sad about this ending, and slightly displeased, because in the end the concubine (later legal wife) who poisoned the son got what she wanted, her son becoming the heir. I feel it's unfair for the MC, MC had been kind to her, yet she poison MC's son and made MC be separated from her son.

I knew that she worried about her own son, but arghhhh......:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Also, it's kinda dumb too. MC wouldn't treat her son bad, and the reason ML doted MC's son was because MC wasn't there to raise him. And then she poisoned MC's son. If MC's son died, wouldn't she afraid that MC would treat her son bad (or perhaps kill him in retaliation)?

MC was very kind, if I were in MC's position, I probably wouldn't even bother to take care of the concubine's son and because everytime I saw him, I would be reminded of my lost son, I'd probably put him far away:hmm:...

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  18. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    If you look at it from Liu Hanyun's point of view, her son had always been unfairly neglected because of Ji Man's son for the past 5 years. And, she's the one that's been Ning Yuxuan's wife for the last 4-5 years. Even thought Ning Yuxuan says that's he treats Ji Man's son better because he doesn't have a mother to dote on him, that's just a nice-sounding lie. He still treats Ji Man's son so much better than Liu Hanyun's son after Ji Man returns.

By the end of the story, I'm not sure if she's 100% sane. And also, given how kindly Ji Man treated her in the past, she's not wrong to believe that Ji Man isn't the type of person who would punish a child for his mother's actions. And Liu Hanyun knows she's dying, so she's trying to do whatever she can for her son before she dies.

Liu Hanyun's son is given to Mu Shuqing to raise after she dies, so it's not like she gets what she wants either.

Ultimately, I thought it was still a happy ending because their son does come back for several years once he's older.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  19. Elv

Elv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the Mc the reason the concubine who poisend her died? And where is/what happend to the Wan Wen at this point?
    Does the ML still have his remaining concubines living at his home at the end of the story?
    This story doesn’t seem to have the satisfying revenge’s I like :(
    And why would the Mc let her son be taken from to be raised by a monk? She could raise him herself even if she believes him to be sick, of go with him...

Gushishi and Elliana like this.
  20. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    Liu Hanyun had already been ill for a long time, but she deliberately poisoned herself so that mc and ml would feel bad and treat her son better. Only Mu Shuiquing is left. Wen wan died. She either poisoned herself directly or the emperor poisoned her.

Her son had to be taken away to live at a temple was the old monk's condition. Ji Man was pregnant at the time, they had to deal with the emperor, she's a woman and can't live in the temple. But, at the same time, there wasnt a reason why she didnt build herself a house near the temple and see her son regularly that way