Spoiler The Duchess with an Empty Soul

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by omegazx, Nov 30, 2019.

1. chax412

chax412 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    just read chapter 57 of the raws...
    they went on this trip abroad you know. They complimented each other, kept blushing. In order not to be recognized and be able to walk in town freely, they needed to use transformation magic from the head butler, who told them "what to do you want to look like?". And guess what... Claude asked to have the same hair and eye colors as IVONA (so cute)

2. Sinistertwist

Sinistertwist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ugh, she liked Baron Trashball (Gaspal)? Lucky for her she didn't have any summoning ability or he'd have used her terribly.

syofiaa, Elren, Alniyat and 3 others like this.
  3. Sinistertwist

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooh... lemme summarize the whole Baron Trashball (BT) situation as to how everything came about as far as downfall goes. I haven't read everything so I am not sure how this started, but here is what I've read so far:
    https://dwaes.tumblr.com/post/190504205069/v3-5
    ML is beating the snot out of BT and basically telling him he's garbage. He stops short of killing him since he knows that if he does kill BT, he'll die before he can be revealed as the useless piece of garbage he is. So ML goes and tells the prince and king that BT was trying to smuggle in healing herbs from other countries that only summoners could really grow and was also trying to escape, so ML stopped him. They deliberately don't mention the garbage cousin Tristal (TC for trash cousin) because they deliberately want to separate the two of them.
    BT tries to claim that he didn't use his summons because it was "against the will of god", only using it towards the end and smuggling in herbs so he could get the amount he was supposed to bring. This goes over like a burning brick of dog poop, as his excuse is saying that he obeys the church over the royal family, the same royal family he's trying to get to forgive him. BT sees that there's a priest there so he thinks that the priest will save him. Priest is like "HAHA NO B*TCH, the church is team FL now".
    The king calls BT incompetent and brings up that regardless of BT's beliefs, he was supposed to follow the king's orders. Especially as FL was able to change the church's mind on summoning, meaning that if FL could accomplish this then there's no reason that a seemingly all powerful summoner like BT claimed to be couldn't do likewise. King also says that for a while he was thinking that BT could succeed him as king, which BT chomps at and tries to act like he would do what he should from now on, but the king is "haha... no, get out of my sight". He names a woman as his successor, dunno who she is
    BT's reputation is absolutely trash and of course everyone is now venting how awful he was, while they're starting to say more nice things about FL. People start bringing up that his output as a summoner is only a fraction of what they've seen from FL. Eventually people begin to outright suspect that he's a fake, culminating in people excluding him from battle plans. BT complains and essentially what happens is that FL sets him up to reveal him as a fake. She does reconnaissance alone on a beast known as being BT's, basically whittling away at his reputation further. BT basically gives himself away during a really bad battle where he fights, but doesn't do his proper summoning duty. BT makes up excuses but doesn't really have any good ones since he didn't pay attention to FL back when she was trying to teach him all of the reasons why a summoning would fall through. The soldiers also aren't protecting him since they're mad at him and figure that he could defend himself as a summoner.
    After the battle is over, BT realizes that he should've treated FL better. He and TC have a big fight and TC is starting to realize that he isn't going to be getting gold and kittens if he stays with BT. Still, BT and TC do make up somewhat... which is heard by the traitorous maid. She legit thought that he actually loved her, since he was doing the same to her that he was with FL - playing on her emotions.
    The maid confesses all to FL, who was pretty aware of what was going on and kept her on solely at this point because she knew that she would be a valuable pawn against BT. FL learns through the maid that BT's new fiance (NF) is going to be at risk of becoming just like her. She tries approaching NF and telling her that BT & TC are hooking up and that she can come to FL if she needs anything. NF later questions BT about his relationship with TC and his reaction tells her all she needs to know. She also begins to doubt whether he can heal her father, the main reason she's agreeing to go through with the experiments.
    People begin to question why BT isn't summoning Haslat, the big strong wolf beast, so BT claims that he can summon a very strong spirit and that he's been holding off in anticipation of this summoning. In reality the reason he's not summoning is because he can't and he's waiting for NF to go through the experiments so she can summon them for him.
    FL holds off on telling everyone BT is a liar and instead decides to investigate into the experiments, which puts her at odds with Claude. Meanwhile BT's reputation is going up again since he made his little announcement. He's dreaming about trying to hook up with the future female king, as he has his eye on the crown, and he smack talks FL behind her back to try to damage her reputation. It's not entirely successful, so he tries saying he can summon the spirit king in 3 days time. Knowing that NF is in deep trouble, she sends out Haslat to find her. BT has been keeping her hidden in the mountains (where she's cold and alone) so no one knows that she's there or doing his summoning for him.
    FL tells NF that BT is the whole reason that her father needs treatment in the first place. BT incapacitated him because he knew that he wouldn't have agreed to the engagement and especially not to the experiments. In fact, NF remembers that her father actually gave her little signals to get away from BT, something from her childhood that he would use to show that there was danger. Apparently she didn't pick up on them at first since she was too tired emotionally and physically from caring for him and only saw that he nodded in apparent agreement to an engagement that seemed like a way out of a bad situation, particularly when BT said he could heal her father. Realizing that she was tricked, NF agrees to go with FL. When FL gets back to ML, she spills about everything, they make up.

So... day of the expected summoning, BT is acting all arrogant. However instead of the expected spirit king a weak summon pops out. I think it's because TC is trying to do the summon. In any case, BT gets imprisoned for this because this battle was more dangerous than others. TC comes to visit him and tells BT that both NF and her father are missing, likely taken away by FL. BT also learns that he has no title (so rather than Baron Trashbal, he's just Trashball?) and that none of his royal relatives or connections will help him. Seeing his dreams of becoming the future leader disappear, BT tells TC to undergo the experiments. TC is reluctant and ultimately BT agrees to go through the experiments, thinking he can heal himself later with his power. NOPE. (It's the painful, pus filled equivalent of the Genie's "AWESOME COSMIC POWER!!! itty bitty living space!) Afterwards he's wracked with pain. TC persuades BT to sneak out and try to beat monsters to show that he can live up to his promises. BT initially thinks that it's going to work out, however he's set upon by the beasts and torn to pieces. Before he dies he looks for TC, only to find that he's not there and that TC brought him out there to die like the dog he is.

Afterwards TC muses that he planned on betraying BT the moment he asked him to do the experiments. He starts planning on how he will use this to get into FL's good graces... only to discover that he was being watched by a guy called Benedict (B). B tells him that he has the power to bring up scenes that he's seen before, meaning that he can show that TC deliberately led BT out to die and didn't help him. He then uses this to blackmail TC into doing the experiments. Hoping to spare himself of the obvious torment, TC tries to appeal to FL so she can save him. FL is "HAHA NO", as she could never trust someone who was willing to betray a lover who gave them everything and treated her so poorly. Realizing that B likely foresaw this, TC knows that he is up DooDoo Creek without a paddle.

The experiments are especially awful for TC, as he has always used his good looks to get himself whatever he wanted. Now that the experiments have robbed him of his looks, he's really insecure and always covers himself with a robe. However at the same time he gained a lot of power and is quite flashy with it when fighting, earning him the praise of others to the point where TC thinks that he's stronger than FL and that everything he's doing shows that he's a better summoner. Then FL summons the spirit king, something that Tristan would never have been able to do.

B is frustrated that FL was able to summon the beast and offhand tells TC that he can heal him, but that all of the power would go away. The catch is that he could never say anything about what was going on with B. Thinking that he will just live as a wealthy pretty boy with all of BT's gifts and money that was given to him, TC agrees. All that happens is that TC loses both his power and the ability to speak or write, leaving him both mute and ugly.
    [​IMG]

I was kind of a little candid about this, so apologies for that. I wrote this as I was reading it and couldn't help but add a little flavor.

4. Deleted member 262282

Deleted member 262282 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't wait for this scene in the manhwa. it's gonna be satisfying as hell MUAHAHA btw what will happen to Agnes in the story? [I rly liked her character]

5. Sinistertwist

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure - I was just skipping ahead to try to find out what happened to the skeevy ex and his lover. I'll take a look - the Google Translate of this isn't that bad and this is definitely a quick read. I wish that it could be picked up commercially in English, it definitely would sell! (Plus it'd make for a great TV series!)

6. Hassassein

Hassassein Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well i read that part and yes it was satisfying. a very good novel i'm not very much into females MC but there are ones that are really good. BTW i think in lectormanga you can see te manwhua until cap 55 irc.

Deleted member 262282 likes this.
  7. Deleted member 262282

Reading List:
    Link
  8. hanayukihime

hanayukihime New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can some one put the link of the novel in here? (if it does have) please i can't find it and i really want to read novel thank you

9. Deleted member 262282

Reading List:
    Link
  10. RealHonto

RealHonto New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I ask what happened to Lucius? Did he and Ivona create a new contract or they never met each other again?

Melita_H and Alniyat like this.
  11. Annekenshin

Annekenshin New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm? You have the option to do scroll style with multiple pages. As a registered user there’s also no ads.

TripleColor96 likes this.
  12. Cuddles You

Cuddles You Eternal East Wind

Reading List:
    Link
  13. Berry.Blast.20

Berry.Blast.20 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happens to Claude after Ivona saves him?. Does he lose his title ?. Does he regain the ability to use the holy sword ?. Will the church lose its authority?.

Elren, Alniyat and ketchupachup like this.
  14. Berry.Blast.20

Berry.Blast.20 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yesterday's raws of the manhwa talk about an upcoming "Autumn Global Event" and people are exited to pit the stupid Baron v. Claude v. Iona

Anyone has spoilers regarding this arc ?

Mikaa and chax412 like this.
  15. sirwence

sirwence Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is Ivonas First child a boy or girl im quite curious ; im also curious about her mother (if she makes any kind of appearance but it spirit flashback or actually in the pressent time line. Also curious if there is more with Julia ~ (and was it Sally who 'loved' Gaspal? and they sent her away with money and forgiveness whilst exiling her ? Honestly how can you love that man .. ) I also assumed the Princess Sherz became the Empress (does anyone know who became her prince consort?)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
    syofiaa, Elren, i_am_here and 2 others like this.
  16. kamuisama

kamuisama Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They had a baby girl. And her name is Haley. :aww:

Also she fell in love with him because she was "saved" by that bastard when a group of thugs were harassing her. And by "saved" meaning the thugs were hired and he was only acting like he saved the maid. He only manipulated her into believing that he didn't really love Yvona but the maid instead. Honestly, the maid's heart was easily swayed. :blobamused:

17. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    Was it ever answered here on who the cloaked person was? Some comments I've read mentioned Claude's sister/sibling but I forgot her intro mention since all I remember from Claude's flashback is his abusive mom

Thanks to the comment above explaining how Sally fell for Gaspar. Well... the man is still in fiction quite handsome and related to the royal family but it still feels incredibly naive to fall for him just by being saved once. The difference in status alone and betraying a kind but naive mistress should've made her feel guilty from the start. Heck, she saw how Gaspar treats Ivona, right? If the woman puts more in effort instead of the man (talking about main TL) where despite Gaspar having the bigger authority (related to royals) like the man visits without prior notice, those are just red flags

Peerly and evanesco99211 like this.
  18. april_anne

april_anne New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes can someone please spill the beans on the mysterious cloaked person assisting Gaspar and Tristan. I’ve seen numerous people asking but I can’t find an answer.

Peerly and ketchupachup like this.
  19. darkcrystal

darkcrystal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello do anyone has any spoilers of today's new chapter where our little cute black rabbit spirit ( arsla) being abducted in the the middle of battle by a big birdie monster is our little baby rabbit will be alright? It's sad to see arsla is crying while being abducted by that bird:(:blobsob:

Berry.Blast.20 likes this.
  20. itzsunshine

itzsunshine Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    same I saw numerous people asking about the cloak figure but haven't find the answer yet. I'm most curious about that person lol some people said that it's one of the biggest plot twist? I'm suspecting the mc's mom and the duke's head butler (only because the cloak figure is shown to have golden eyes(?) in the manhwa) but why would he kill his own people tho- and the temple trying to revive demon king doesn't make sense either in this timeline.
    I'm literally going crazy over this man. I hope someone saves me by spoiling who is that person.